“Great service and location but old quaint hotel”

Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North
Ranked #17 of 41 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Palm City, Florida
“Great service and location but old quaint hotel”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This is a tough review for me because I'm used to newer modern luxurious hotels but I enjoyed my stay. The service was impeccable and they really worked hard to ensure our total satisfaction. I was here for business and used the meeting room which was good also. My biggest complaint are the rooms of course. They are VERY SMALL and the bathroom is just ridiculously small. For one night, no big deal - the bed was very comfy.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Booked a reservation tried to cancel due to a tropical storm Debby because I paid is full in advance for a this Saturday stay they would not refund my money. The general manager is very rude, condescending and argues with you over a mute point. Don't stay here or book a reservation. YOU have been warned!!!!!!

Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Alicia D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North, responded to this review, 2 August 2012
Dear Alicia D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Lake Mary, Florida
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We had a fabulous one-night stay at Hotel Indigo! Some reviews on this site had me nervous, but the hotel was exceptionally clean, the staff was courteous and friendly, and the green & pink decor/hallways/room was refreshingly fresh. In a country of beige hotels, the decor was artistic, fun, and happy. Sounds weird to use happy -- but it was!
The room was small for me and two teens, but for a short stay, it was fine.
One negative was the parking ~ not enough. The overflow lot was across an alley and you need to walk past dumpsters to get to the hotel. Not my idea of safe. However, I was able to move my car later in the day to the main lot.
We'll definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank starbuxgirl
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We chose this hotel because of its location, which is fantastic. We had tickets for a Rays game
and the hotel is one mile from Tropicana Field, with a free shuttle bus about 3 blocks away.
It is within a short walking distance to a variety of restaurants and shops. It is close to
the major attractions, like the Dali Museum and Chirhuly Exhibit. It is also on the Downtown
Looper Trolley route, which is inexpensive and goes to the major sites as well. We were out
late several times and never felt that walking around was dangerous. The rooms are
small and the bathrooms are VERY tiny but they are nicely decorated. The staff is very friendly
and extremely helpful in giving local information. We had dinner one night, served European
style in the lobby by a charming man, who was host/waiter/busboy and chef. He did very well
at all of these and the food was quite good. The one weak point was the Housekeeping service.
The first day, our room was never cleaned and we had to call the desk at 11PM for towels. We
thought it was because we stayed in the room until 1 PM but this happened on two other days (of four total), including once when the housekeeping cart was right outside out door when
we went out. Overall, we really liked this hotel, LOVED its location and would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank macavity20
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I booked my reservation on Hotwire so I did not know what hotel I was going to get. After I made the purchase I looked into the hotel reviews and was a little nervous due to some of the negative reviews but thought it probably was not as bad as some made it out to be. I was right and couldn't have been more pleased. The location of this hotel was in a great place. It was within walking distance of just about everyplace we wanted to visit. The building was also fun. While a lot of the decor is not something I'd put in my house (bright green colored walls) it was fun and played well into the boutique style environment and still looked nice. Yes the bathrooms are small but it worked well for us. The building is old and they did what they could with what they have. It add's to its charm. If you want big luxurious bathrooms go to an expensive mega-hotel. The staff was super friendly and personable. One night I was wondering the halls looking for a vending machine that was working. It looked like they were brand new machines that just haven't been installed yet. Ending up on the first floor I ran into two staff me members who immediately asked if I needed any help. I was just looking for a water bottle and they very quickly got me a bottle from the bar. We then had a nice talk about various things and based on that conversation I can tell they were very passionate and took pride in their jobs. If you're having an issue at the hotel, don't be a jerk, talk to the staff like a human being, they will be more than willing to help you.

My only minor critisim was the pool. The area was nice but the pool water had a bit of organic plant material floating around from the local landscaping. The water was a great temperature though and the hot-tub was great.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Auburn, Alabama
Reviewed 13 June 2012 via mobile

This is a great hotel. Easy walking distance to pubs and restaurants downtown. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Chic restoration of and older building. The rooms are quite small but very comfy and clean. Colorful with a modern touch.

• Stayed June 2012
Medinah, Illinois
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Look no further!! This hotel was so fun, the decor is refreshing, the team is engaging, the location is exceptional and the Management went above and beyond to ensure we enjoyed our stay!! What more could you ask for? The bathrooms are small but you don't really spend much time in the bathroom, do you? Try out this treasure!! I'll be back!!!

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business