“Hotel Indigo was fun and quirky”

Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North
Ranked #17 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Thousand Oaks, CA
“Hotel Indigo was fun and quirky”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I really enjoyed my brief staff at Hotel Indigo. It is located in downtown St. Petersburg within walking distance of many restaurants, shops and entertainment. The room was really nice, but small. The bathroom was well appointed, but really tiny. I got a really good rate, and the location worked out perfectly. There is a small breakfast room at the front of the hotel next to the bar. I liked the bar as well, although I did not stop to have a drink. The staff at the front desk was really helpful, but the bell staff could have been a bit more helpful. Overall, I would stay at Indigo again. I had a very nice experience there.

Room Tip: Go for one of the larger rooms if you can....
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Orlando
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

The front desk staff was extraordinarily helpful. The restaurant was very enjoyable. The room was small but bright and airy. The bathroom was very nice. The hallways and elevator needed an update, but for a nice, straightforward stay, we were pleased.

• Stayed June 2014
Nathan G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! at Hotel Indigo, we take pride in our service and cleanliness and are very please to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you keep Hotel Indigo in mind next time you travel to St Petersburg!
Best Regards!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is filled with hot pink, lime green, black and white wallpaper and huge super graphics! It is a party for the eyes! Our room was huge, well decorated and the bed was enormous and comfy! The bathroom was small compared to the room size but it was nicely designed and well appointed. The hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. It's located in walking distance to great restaurants and museums. For the price of the stay it was a very good buy.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Connieagatheas
Nathan G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and for you kind words in your review. We were very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you keep us in mind next time you travel to St Petersburg. Cheers!
St. Petersburg, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed at Hotel Indigo for my 21st birthday and booked my room through the hotel. When I checked in to my room, I was given a room that looked nothing like the room that I booked and payed for. When I called the front desk, they told me that there was nothing that they could do for because they were all booked up that night. So instead of having a room that slept 4 (what I needed and booked), I had a room that slept only three. After multiple visits to the front desk, they finally agreed to send up a roll-away bed. However, one of my guests still had to sleep on the couch. I was not happy with how the staff treated me or my guests. I filled out an email with my concerns and asked for a reply email or a call and never heard from Hotel Indigo. Overall, I was very disappointed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jessica A
Nathan G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you very much for your recent stay with us, and for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very sorry to hear that your experience was not up to the standard that Hotel Indigo holds itself to. If you could, please contact me directly so that we may discuss these issues further. My email is ngarner@baystarhotels.com Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Our suite (rm 119) was spacious, with high ceilings & a fresh design. The bed was very comfortable, and the linens were lovely too. All of the staff (valet, maids, bartender) were friendly, attentive & gracious; especially Jeremy at the front desk. Even the in-room coffee was good. The entire hotel (room, common areas, pool) was clean and well kept. My only disappointment; the pool area could use more furniture (lounges, tables & chairs).

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Maitland, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I would have probably been more disappointed in this hotel if it had been the only place I experienced on a vacation or something like that. As it was, I was working on a route inspection team for the Postal Service and spent four months staying all over that area of Florida in different hotels. I point this out only to explain that it was an interesting, but brief, diversion for me. I arrived there on a Sunday, and it was nice to explore nearby, having an appetizer and drinks a couple blocks away at a sidewalk eatery and bar and then seeing a movie at a theater that was practically right next door to the hotel.

Parking was $14 a night if I remember correctly. There is a small bar downstairs in the lobby, and the people I dealt with were all quite nice and friendly. The downside is that I was shocked by how small the rooms were since I had been staying in much larger rooms. There is no bathtub--or there wasn't in my room, at least--just a shower. There are no laundry facilities, which was not welcome news to me. I had to leave there and start work at a post office in Clearwater on Saturday, and I would have liked to do my laundry before leaving.

If you go here looking for a "boutique" and charming little place with a lot of St. Pete nightlife in close proximity, then you will not be disappointed. I enjoyed it as a short diversion, but would personally want more if I was staying there for any length of time. There was a small dresser in the closet that made it hard to hang up my clothes, but that's the only place to put one since the room was very small. One bonus, however, was a Starbucks just a couple blocks away. As long as you go with a clear understanding of what you're getting, you will be okay. It wouldn't be my first choice for a serious trip, but as a pleasant diversion for someone not spending too much time actually in the hotel it is pleasant and unique.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Derori
Nathan G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you very much for your recent stay with us here at Hotel Indigo, and for taking the time to complete a review on our property. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location as well as our staff. Thank you for letting us know about some of the inconveniences in your room. Being a historic hotel, we take these reviews to heart when trying to come up with way to better the guest experience with the space we have to offer. We hope you keep Hotel Indigo in mind next time you are in the area!
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

The airport staff told me that they had an agreement with this hotel and they would give a special rate to their customers. We went there and ask if they had any rooms available and they said yes. I ask the lady at the front desk about the agreement and she did not know about it. I ask her if she could ask the manager. The manager had just come out so i ask him and he just said that they did in fact had an agreement with the hotel but they did not have any rooms available. I would understand that maybe because it was a Holliday they could not honor the prices but just be honest and say it. There was no need to treat people like that. Because of him the only time i would contemplate staying in one of their hotels it would be because it was the last hotel on earth.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank eligar80
Nathan G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Thank you very much for your review of our property. I am sorry to hear that you did not receive the service that Hotel Indigo prides itself on. If you would, please contact me further regarding this issue so that we may handle it appropriately. My email is ngarner@baystarhotels.com. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you soon.