“Don't order the shrimp & crab appetizer!”

StarLite Sapphire Dining Yacht
More attraction details
Owner description: The StarLite Sapphire Dining Yacht is a sleek and stylish 113-foot ship. It is the newest addition to the StarLite Cruises fleet and the most desired vessel in Tampa Bay. This fully modern vessel offers unparalleled atmosphere and remarkable views. The vessel’s star quality and enticing menu combine for an extraordinary dining experience. The StarLite Sapphire can accommodate up to 150 passengers for any type of function. We are a short distance from the Don CeSar Hotel, Tradewinds Resort, Sirata Beach Resort, Alden Hotel, Postcard Inn on the Beach, Sunset Vistas, Bilmar Hotel, Crystal Palms Resort.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Pleasant cruise. Enjoyed the views and fresh air. I wanted to wipe the smudges off the flatware, but my napkin was previously used! Got a new napkin and ordered the shrimp and crab appetizer. The waitress placed it on the table and it stunk! The one tiny bite I took of the shrimp stayed with me all day. I had to place the plate on the table next to us as we could not stand the smell. I think the shrimp or brown nasty crab stuff was bad. Chicken Cordon bleu was okay. I pointed out the fly in the salt shaker to the waitress but she turned it over and over claiming she couldn't see it. So be on the lookout for it; your salt shaker could be the lucky one! One lady at the next table returned her wine glass to the waitress because she had a fly in her glass.

2  Thank DragonfruitLady
StarLiteFlorida, Manager at StarLite Sapphire Dining Yacht, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide an enjoyable experience for all our guests, as well as prepare fresh and tasteful options throughout the cruise. It seems we have dropped the ball on this one, and we are very sorry. I have passed along your information to the General Manager, who would like to speak to you. Can you please call our Sales office at your earliest convenience and ask to speak with the General Manager.. make sure you tell him you are calling in reference to a Trip Advisor review. 727.462.2628. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We had three adults and one child. The ship was very clean, and the table set up was nice. All the staff was very friendly. Our server was very helpful, and always kept our drinks full. The food was great! The bread was hard though. They take pictures when you first walk in, and then after the meal they set it on your table. The server will come back and ask if you want it....for $14.00. So don't think it is setting on your table as part as your admission fee. The entertainment was a lady singing. She was good. We got to see dolphins at a distance. It was a nice night out!

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you had an enjoyable evening on the cruise. I will pass along your comment about the bread. Overall, it sounds like you were satisfied which means we did our job. We are hoping to see you on board in the near future!

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary and purchased the dinner cruise. The food was ok and the entertainment was a lady singing karaoke style for two and a half hours. The service was good for us. They allow smoking on the top deck which isn't very large so it became overwhelming. Had to stay at the front of the boat which was even smaller, but ultimately the best views. Beautiful sunset was the best part.

StarLiteFlorida, Manager at StarLite Sapphire Dining Yacht, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for spending your special evening with us! You can't beat a Florida sunset from the water, that's for sure. We hope that you will cruise with us again, you can even check out some of our other vessels if you are looking for a different size or menu. See you soon!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I am not going to lie, the dinner and experience were wonderful.. however, my concern was with the customer service. The night we went (March 2014) while pulling back into the port the boat hit another boat and shattered the glass window right at our table. My fiancé literally had to push me away from the table before it hit. This was a very jolting finish to our what was supposed to be a romantic date night. We couldn't even sit back at our table in fear that we would sit on glass (my purse, however, was still at the table and DID get glass in it). Being in the service industry myself I was very surprised that nothing was done to accommodate us (especially since our table was the one hit), no offer to take care of our meal, drinks, free tickets or certificates to come back, nothing. So I thought I would give them another chance, I emailed them about potentially having our rehearsal dinner on their yacht, because after-all, other then that it was a good experience. And in my email I even mentioned that we were on the boat that day and showed my concern about getting it fixed, etc. And again, nothing was even offered for our inconvenience, only assured that the boat had been fixed. I'm not going to say that we won't go again but this has definitely put a bad taste in my mouth about their customer service methods. But, I can definitely tell you that I was going to bring about 20 people to my rehearsal dinner and they lost that business for sure.

1  Thank Krissy Z

Krissy,

We are very sorry about the experience with the window. As you are probably aware, that was a very isolated incident and was quickly fixed. However, our greatest apologies are for it happening right at your table, and that you felt we didn't make it right for you. Whoever you talked to about your possible Rehearsal Dinner most likely wasn't fully aware of the actual incident, so if you could contact our General Manager about this instead, you will be happy with the results. Again, we are sorry for your experience and we hope to have the chance to rectify your disappointment. We look forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We had a wonderful dinner cruise last night to celebrate Anita's birthday.In spite of the bad weather it was a very enjoyable cruise. The food and service was out standing and Wendy did an excellent job of entertaining us. This is a smaller ship than the one in Clearwater but the service was still impressive. Now we have been on both cruises and enjoyed them both.

StarLiteFlorida, Manager at StarLite Sapphire Dining Yacht, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for celebrating the special evening with us! We are glad that you enjoyed the Majesty enough to try out the Sapphire.. and even better that you loved it! We really appreciate your feedback and repeat business. See you again soon! :)