“good chicken salad!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Red Mesa Cantina
Ranked #15 of 893 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin, Bar, Spanish
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats, Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2nd Avenue South
Transit: Free Public Transportation for Tropicana Field sporting events, i.e., Rays games, one block away. A municipal PTSA bus stop is across the street at Publix. Taxi’s all know Cantina.
Description: With Mexican cuisine at its heart, Red Mesa Cantina blends Latin and Caribbean kitchen traditions to create a menu of exquisite ceviches, tacos, and small plate classics that deliver bold, fresh flavors. An award winning, word-of-mouth favorite among locals and visitors alike with the most extensive selection of Tequilas in the South!
Hollywood, Florida
“good chicken salad!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Had chicken taco salad, was very tasty, my friend had fish taco, we also order the churros which come with chocolate and caramel dipping. When I to the the area will definitely come back.Andy our server was friendly and fast.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Finnish first
“Very Good Mexican”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I ate here while visiting St. Petersburg for a night. We sat in the courtyard and the atmosphere was great. The hostess sat us immediately and our server (Angie) was right there and took good care of us. The food was amazing. We got the chips and dip for an appetizer, my wife ordered the chicken quesadilla, and I ordered the mofongo, which I never had before and loved. The prices were very reasonable for the quality provided. I would definitely recommend this place and wished it wasn't so far away from my home!

Clearwater, Florida
“Favorite in St Pete!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

We love Red Mesa Cantina! Fun upscale atmosphere and delicious food and drinks! Went last night with a large group (12). They seated us with no problem and the service was great. Their hand crafted margaritas are the BEST! Fresh squeezed lime juice, agave nectar and you choose your tequila, which also determines the price. Their menu is extensive and everything we have had there is delicious. I'm partial to the Shrimp al Mojo. My husband likes the pork burrito but last night had taquitos and an empanada. Everyone was quite happy with their meals. They have indoor and outdoor seating. With the group we sat indoors since they could move tables together. When just the two of us go we sit outside. They also have bars both inside and out. Highly recommend!

• Visited October 2013
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Consistently excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

This is in no way a typical Mexican restaurant. It is Southwestern haute cuisine! The garden setting in charming downtown St Petersburg, FL is pleasant almost any time of year. Indoor seating is available even if a bit dark. There is something on the menu for any taste and prices are moderate for the most part. Chips are served with 3 dips and all are great; try the yucca fries for something different. The Cuban sandwich is like none other and the chorizo burger is stellar. I could go right through the menu, duck, steak, seafood, desserts- and never express disappointment. It can be noisy at busy times and when they have entertainment; go early during the season.

• Visited October 2013
Hampton, Georgia
“Nice, interesting Mexican restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

We walked to this restaurant from the Hilton Bayfront. The courtyard was lovely with a fountain, and I would have liked to have eaten there, but the music was so loud, we couldn't have heard ourselves think, so we ate inside. It was tastefully decorated, if you don't mind giant hairy spiders decorating the restaurant for Halloween.

The restaurant is rather pricey. NO free chips and salsa; that is extra, for about $5.00. My husband got one of the specials, which was some kind of pulled pork on circles of corn tortillias, with strips of hot peppers and onions on top. He said it was delicious, but the portion was very small. It looked more like an appetizer to me than a dinner meal. I had the chicken quesadillas, which were bigger and a better value, and delicious. The waitstaff was very friendly and efficient.

Visited October 2013