“very nice and helpful people, room not very clean”
Review of GayStPete House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Petersburg
GayStPete House
Reviewed 2 January 2013

We arrived very late and we were perfectly received by Brian, so about service and friendliness no complains. Very good, The Guest house has a nice pool area and breakfast is taken outside with other guests, enough time for nice talks.. The only complain we have is the cleanness, please do some efforts and we come again!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jörg-Achim F
gaystpete, Owner at GayStPete House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2014

Thank you for the suggestions, we've changed the staff, focusing on a better cleaning in the rooms. We are continually working to upgrade this old house, and hope you'll give us another chance. Thank you, Brian

Reviewed 5 December 2012

We recently returned from a 7 day stay at GayStPete House, and we had a wonderful time. Brian, the host, and the rest of the staff were very friendly, and the setting with the pool right outside the door was terrific. The location is midway between the bay and the Gulf, so either is a quick 10 minute drive.

This really is a very relaxing and casula setting where you can be your self. If you're looking for sleek and modern, this isn't it, but cozy and coastal, most definitely. And it's a great value.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank exl500
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Brian the owner/operator is a great host. Very clean, great breakfast selection, beautiful pool area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank sma1girl
Reviewed 20 June 2012

love this quaint place,nice... clothing optional.....but shower was dirty....and cottage two has an infestation of bed bugs.....

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank leo G
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Thank you for the notification, Bed and all linens replaced, and room was treated. Thank you, Brian

Reviewed 6 June 2012

To begin, I and my partner were staying in the Flamingo Resort for the Memorial Day weekend. What I spent there for 3 nights was more than 5 nights at the Gay St. Pete house. I am sorry I stayed there, overly expensive, too much partying and drunks and loud people. Although the Gay St Pete House and the rooms need some renovating(new blinds, better shower fixture, paint,..), overall, We enjoyed that fact that, as we stayed in the cottage, I had a nice kitchenette area to prepare our meals and we were close to everything and didn't pay an extravagant amount as we are always on a budget. The owner, Brian, is always up every morning with a nice continental breakfast and coffee. Also, we have have an old dog that travels with us and he is always welcome there for a very small fee. Needless to say, if you're gay, have a dog, want a quiet and reasonably priced vacation, Gay St. Pete house is for you. Btw, the pool area is clothing optional and that is fun.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank unclesqueezers
Reviewed 14 May 2012

The owner of this Inn does not honor reservations, even when a credit card has been charged.

I planned a weekend getaway and had been looking forward to it for weeks. I packed up my boyfriend and dog then spent hours stuck in traffic getting to St Pete. When I arrived at Gay St Pete House there was no one there to greet me. I called the owner 3 times before he finally answered his phone. I told him I was there and that I wanted to check in. He told me he had no room for me. I told him I had a reservation, he again told me he had no room for me. He seemed quite aware that I had a reservation and that he had charged my credit card, and just told me that he had no room for me. He didn't even have the decency to come and speak to me in person, didn't help me find a pet friendly place to stay and was not even apologetic on the phone. He genuinely made me feel like I was the one inconveniencing him by being at his inn WITH A RESERVATION. I have never dealt with someone so unprofessional in my life. When it was all over, after being stuck in traffic for hours getting there, I ended up having to get back in my car and spend hours driving home.

I sent the owner an email very similar to this review and he has not responded. It genuinely seems like he just does not care.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank clearskys79
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

I did mistakenly double book this room. I had left the property in the evening, thinking everyone had checked in, and was at a charity event. When I talked with this person, I apologized for the inconvenience and suggested another property which had vacancy and accepted pets. I had no available rooms. I followed up with an email offering a free night at another time and received no response. I made a mistake and did what I could to correct it, to no avail. Please read the other reviews and come visit!

Reviewed 4 May 2012

Stayed with Brian in April for 11 days after Easter (April 9-20). Although the property is a bit dated, it is very welcoming. The pool area is beautiful and it is lovely to relax out there "a la natural." Depending on when you visit, there will be a lot of company and maybe even some eye candy! As usual for these kinds of places, it is mostly couples. The hot tub is a nice addition but it was not always ready (hot enough). When is was, it was lovely to hold court (socialize) and get a water massage at the same time. Your stay comes complete with a house dog (Urban) and local chicken (Mango). We even ate some of her eggs. Not to worry - she is in a cage. If you look at the picture closely, we stayed in the building you see at the end of the pool - not the main house. It is ideal for a long stay as it has a full refrigerator, micorwave and oven/stove. What it doesn't have is a King Bed (Two Queens instead, besides us, Mary!) and only a shower (no bathtub). But the best two features of the place is that if you have a car, it is really an ideal location between the downtown and the beach, and Brain will make you a great deal. If you are looking for the luxury and "regalness" of the Vinoy, then stay there for the nrealy $300/night, but if you are looking for comfortable accomodations at an unbeatable price this would be better. Although different in character (more laidback and less pretentious) Gay St. Pete is like Ft. Lauderdale--only on sale! We hardly had a bad meal and there is plenty to do. We would definitely go back and stay with Brian anytime. He even did a little laundry for us!

Room Tip: We liked the cottage, but all the rooms we saw looked nice.