What can I say? I didnt plan ahead. We were going to, 'play it by ear" during spring break! All the beach hotels were booked solid and I had to find somethng fast. My wife was getting steamed, my kids were getting restless. I found the Magnuson on tripAdvisor and although the location looked like it was on the freeway, I booked it..
The hotel is a great little gem! My 6 and 4 year olds loved the two pools and spend hours there daily. There were lots of little kids running around everywhere and the playground is terrific too. The Staff are all very friendly and helpful except for one guy who should just get out ot the hospitality business because he just doesn't care; but he's just a bad egg. We were upgraded to the kids suite which had a bunkbed and video games/tv. That was a cool feature. The restaurant was okay and after 2-3 meals there, we were done; but in a pinch, I would't hesitate to eat there. We booked an Eggmont Caye tour that left right from the hotel and that was really convienient... The beaches are 10 minutes away by car and we did that twice - not a bid deal. Overall, the Magnuson really helped us out and I would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are minutes from Fort Desoto Park and the Gulf beaches. We are also in close proximity to downtown St. Petersburg and all it has to offer: Tropicana Field-home of the Tampa Bay Rays, The Pier, Salvador Dali Museum, Mahaffey Theater, and Jannus Landing. For the business traveler, we are close to Eckerd College, USF, St. Pete College AllState Center and all Children's Hospital. Our guests will enjoy all the amenities of a full service resort. Stay in touch with your friends and family with our complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access. Take time to enjoy our pools, hot tub, volleyball court, bicycle rentals, tennis courts, shuffleboard courts, and fitness center. You can relax at the Nepa Hut Beach Bar overlooking Tampa Bay and the world famous Sunshine Skyway Bridge, unwind in Nemo's Lounge, dine in Periscopes waterfront restaurant with views of our marina, or have a relaxing lunch poolside at the Banyan Tree Deli. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Priceline, Hotelopia, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Magnuson Hotel Marina Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn St Petersburg
- Holiday Inn Marina Cove
- Holiday Inn Saint Petersburg
- Saint Petersburg Holiday Inn
- Magnuson Hotel Marina Cove St. Petersburg, Florida