“Nice place”

Ranked #19 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Fredericton, Canada
“Nice place”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

It is an older motel/resort.rooms nice and clean,2 beds in our room,slightly noisy air on,bar fridge,balcony and one of the nicest pools I've seen in a long time. There is a short small shoreline that is pleasant.not too much food availableBUT a safe seeming neighbourhood.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank treetrippers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Sevierville, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Better than we expected...Great staff especially the security guard!! Great bar and bartenders!! I loved that there was so much for the kids to do in such close proximity to our room. We made great new friends at the marina and loved all the sea life we got to see so close to our room!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank tlh3333
springmans, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Marina Cove, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
We are so pleased you had a great time here at the Magnuson. Please come back and see us soon!!!!!!!
Texarkana, Texas
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I looked at several reviews before booking this hotel but was really leaning towards it due to the affordability, it definitely didn't dissappoint! The staff at the front and the housekeeping staff were super friendly! Phyllis took care of our room and it was always impeccably clean upon our return. The staff made fantastic recommendations for things to do that were affordable and family friendly. Island boat adventures was by far everyone's favorite part of our trip. We extended our stay by one day with no problems. We enjoyed the pools and bar and found inexpensive dining options within 30 minutes of the hotel. I must not be as picky as some of the other reviewers because I thought the accommodations were great! I've spent two times as much in Destin and threw my back out on the hard beds, there were bugs everywhere and too much partying but the Magnuson was the direct opposite! The private beach was in my opinion, not as pictured, but there are so many beaches nearby it didn't matter. My family will definitely stay again if we vacation here!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Christy C
springmans, Manager at Magnuson Hotel Marina Cove, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for writing in a review on the Magnuson! I will pass on your comments to our staff! . Please come back and see us soon!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We can honestly say, the staff were excellent but the hotel was very lacking the smell from the bay was awful and the beach was no beach, it is located on the bay, view is nice but the man made beach was lacking at best. I would not want to swim in the bay at all!!! The restaurant was nice and food good. We paid $100 per night and the hotel was probably only worth $60 per night at best. Shop around on the island 54th street.

Room Tip: There is nothing around this hotel to do. We drove over to the island and there was plenty of restau...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jerry H
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We arrived for our waterfront room and was told they didn't have one so they sent us to the back where we opened the door and almost hit the bed with the door because they were sold out. The smell of cleaning products mixed with mildew was nauseating. We returned to the lobby to tell them we couldn't stay there and they immediately found us a "townhouse" which was upstairs/down with a spiral staircase. Full size beds not queens, an old tube tv.. The place is right out of the 70's. I shutter to think what was growing in the carpets, spreads etc. The pictures do a lot for this place and I must say that after a cocktail at night the pool area looked better. There is no beach.. A small sandbar with a few chairs. Low class budget hotel for sure!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Napamoon
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Let's start with the good... nice bar area and friendly staff. Saturday night, only 3 of us in the bar though. The pool area is nice, quite a few over 45 heavy drinkers and smokers lounging all around, in hot tub and pool. The room is what you would expect if a road side motel, individual air conditioners, strong cleaning material smell and old old everything. Nothing around except the constant hum of the highway almost on top of the hotel. St. Pete beach is about 15 min away without traffic, 45 with traffic. Oh Yah, check in is not until 4pm and it is enforced. Very Local/Yokel (hayseed-ish), talked to 4 individuals, all from Tampa/St. Pete or Orlando area.

Room Tip: Maybe try to get a room with a view at the back.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank bpaul123
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed here after going out on a great trip with Island Boat Adventures for the day. I had booked a king room. When we checked in it was a two story room. By the time we had gotten all our luggage and other things into the room I went to get ice. The machine was empty. I called the front desk and they offered to bring me some. While I waited my husband went upstairs to shower. He told me there were two double beds, not a king bed. I informed the office and the person that delivered the ice. I was still ok, but not real happy. We spent the evening around the resort. The food at the restaurant was ok but nothing to write home about. When I woke up the next morning my husband was coming out of the bathroom where he said the toilet had run over when he flushed it. He cleaned up the water with our bath towels. I went downstairs to get something to drink and water was pouring out of the lights in the ceiling from the bathroom. I cleaned up and moved all our items that had been sitting on the kitchen bar. Water had dripped all over everything. I went back upstairs and started packing my things. No shower, no ability to use the bathroom. When I got to the front desk they said they could reduce the room price by a total of $30.00 for our troubles. Wow, I guess this is what they are used to at this place. Will never ever stay there again.

Room Tip: No good rooms here.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront
Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront
#10 of 42 in St. Petersburg
Staybridge Suites St. Petersburg Downtown

Been to Magnuson Hotel Marina Cove? Share your experiences!