“Good Price .. Good Hotel”

Hampton Inn St. Petersburg
Ranked #10 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Good Price .. Good Hotel”
Reviewed 27 January 2013

We always try to stay at Hampton. But the really downtown one was just a bit more than we wanted to pay. This Hampton was just a couple of miles from downtown, a little closer to the beaches, and was very clean and nice. The rooms were good sized, they were quiet, and we got a good sleep both nights we were there. We ate at restaurants in St Pete on the gulf,so the location of the hotel meant that it was easier to drive there. But it only took 10-12 minutes to drive back downtown, so it seemed pretty ideal to us. We were very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IverJohnson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Reviewed 5 December 2012 via mobile

Oh boy...this was NOT good. The neighborhood is scary. Be sure to lock your car and bring in all your belongings. The staff was wonderful. They were so nice and polite. I think we are just accustomed to a different class of hotel. This hotel appears to be old and tired. The elevator and hallways were dirty. My husband made the mistake of walking in the room barefoot and he said the carpet was 'sticky'. I wouldn't take my shoes off after that so I have no clue. The room smelled musty and we think there may have been some water damage at some point. The ceiling looked like it had a bad repair done in the past. We were so uncomfortable with the cleanliness and location that we called another hotel in the area and actually moved. I've never had to do hat before. This is NOT the typical Hampton.

• Stayed December 2012
srewy, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Petersburg, responded to this review, 15 January 2013
The carpet in all guest rooms and in all guest public spaces is 5 months old. The carpet may seem dirty, but I acn assure you it's not . The design is a light color on one side and a dark color on the other side. Our carpet is new.
Fort Myers
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I agree with the other recent reviews. I travel weekly for work and mostly stay at Hamptons. I booked a King Study which are normally pretty spacious rooms. Well this one was a standard size room with a desk that was about 6 inches larger than normal. In that king "study" the desk chair was wooden with no wheels...like a small dining chair. The room was smaller even than most Hmapton's regular rooms. The room had a sofa, but if there was a bed in there you wanted to use, I doubt you could have unfolded it to fit in the room. The furniture was outdated and the hall carpeting just awful. While I didn't use it, the pool area looked very pretty though it is on the main road.

Now the area. I am a woman travelling alone for work. So I become a bit wary when what I see from my hotel room directly across the street in big neon letters is sign that glows "pawn shop". I did not feel comfortable driving alone even through this area at night ( and of course night is now 6PM in the summer) to get dinner. Yes there is stuff nearby, like a Wendy's next to the pawn shop, but I did not feel comfortable going to those places alone.

The breakfast was good except this is the only Hampton I have ever seen that did not offer Robust Coffee in the urns. They did have the baked cookies in the evening, and the "to go" brown bag breakfast.

I was scheduled to stay 3 nights, but checked out after one.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and I regret your disappointment. We are remolding our guest room decor and lobby. We will take your feedback into consideration as we improve our property look. Please let us know if you have any other comments or suggestions.
Jupiter, FL
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I stayed here on November 17 and it was the third time I've stayed at this property. Unfortunately things seem to have gone down hill a bit since my last visit. The room had a distinct odor of bug spray (better than bugs) and the shower didn't appear to have been cleaned last couple of go arounds. There was mildew in the shower, hair everywhere and the curtain was pretty dirty. The headboard also had chunks of wood gouged out of it. BUT, as always the staff was very friendly and they graciously allowed the runners a later check-out. Might try the other Hampton next time though.

Stayed November 2012
Atlanta
Reviewed 15 November 2012 via mobile

I travel for work every week and regularly stay at Hampton Inns. The property unfortunately is not up to the average standards of Hilton. I checked in, the lobby staff were friendly but there was this overwhelming smell of floor cleaner that was over powering. I went to my room, #211 and was disgusted. There was food crumbs all over the floor, looked as if it had not been vacuumed in some time. The window had this film on it that you could not see out off, windex, not a dificult concept. Also the bathrom had mold on both the ceiling and in the shower. I did not feel comfortable even sitting down on the bed because of little black specks on the duvet. I immediately called Hilton to change my reservations. I left after less than an hour, that is how bad this property was. The whole place was extremely dated and aged as well as not maintained. Would only suggest staying here if all other hotels are booked.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Jlee73
Ontario
Reviewed 6 November 2012

We have stayed here before & will stay here again. This is a very nice hotel. The staff, from Kim, Melissa & Jessica at the front desk to Nancy who looks after the breakfast room, all are very friendly, out going & helpful. The breakfast has quite a variety of items: 2 or 3 hot items that vary daily, fresh fruit salad, yogurt, apples, oranges, bananas to name some.

The rooms are very spacious, clean & comfortable. The pool area is very nice & spacious with many lounges for sun seekers.

Room Tip: This hotel is on US19 so you might want to keep this in mind when choosing your room location.