“best pool”

Hampton Inn St. Petersburg
Ranked #9 of 43 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed 16 June 2014

giant pool, big clean area, was a bit ashamed to go the beach with that right outside my room. friendly helpful staff. internet connect was a bit slow but it was att uverse what can you expect. the Hotel is to find right off 275 on the main street north an south

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed here last week for 3 nights. Originally, I was staying downtown, but opted to save money by booking this Hampton Inn, just a few miles away. I am looking for a new job, so I had to watch my money. Free breakfast, parking, and wi-fi were the deciding factors in choosing this hotel. The room was clean and comfortable. No complaints. Breakfast was OK, nothing fancy but I was happy eating a yogurt, some toast, fruit, and coffee. There were a few protein options each morning; again, not fancy at all, pre-made omelet type stuff, but it was fine. There are tons of cereals to choose from, a waffle maker, juice, and coffee. The pool area looked fine, and the gym was small but adequate. The location is nothing special; strip malls and fast food, but I wasn't spending my days at the hotel and met friends downtown or at the beach for dinner. The front desk staff and the housekeeping staff were all very friendly. The lobby is really nicely decorated and the building is in good shape. My only suggestion to the hotel is to use something with a less powerful scent to clean the elevators in the morning (I had to cover my nose to breathe - it reminded me of Febreeze but super overpowering). I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Twissa
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Good hotel as the lobby is very nice. The staff is pleasant and the breakfast is good. Not much pressure in the shower though in the room I stayed in which was disappointing. Also, the surrounding area is not very nice and even though you may be 10 minutes to something more exciting, its still not a place you should walk around. Theres a Walmart nearby which I guess is nice to have.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Keith A
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The hotel is pretty comparable to most Hampton Inns with the rooms being spacious, clean and the staff being fairly friendly. I had a couple of problems: 1) I requested a wake-up call and did not get one causing me to miss a major business meeting. Then the subsequent wake-up calls just ended up going off several times, waking the rest of my family up at 5:30 am. 2) A ? homeless man tried to enter the hotel when I arrived (late) and was chased out by a night manager, then when my family and I were returning late from dinner (around 9pm or after), we were confronted by a pan handler coming right up to the door of our car. The neighborhood is not one you want to stay in....very sketchy and one of the employees even informed my family members who were staying there while I was at my meeting, not to walk very far away from the hotel (during the day!). I was given a free night offer- however, corporate gave me less than 1) what I paid for the room, 2) what the next room at the next Hampton Inn will cost me...so...NOT a free night. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad for the 100% satisfaction guarantee...but if you offer it, make sure the customer is 100% satsified and offered the amount they paid...that's only fair. On the upside: staff was pretty friendly, my 1BR suite was HUGE (small bathroom) and comfy!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank J4030FZlaurar
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Stayed just last night. Everything went perfect. Breakfast buffet was very good too. The staff was friendly. The property was very clean. Had a very nice pool. Looking forward to staying there in the future. 7 mins to Tropicana Field. :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2014

If you are in St. Pete, for business, this is a good choice for an in-town hotel. The lobby is lovely, the staff is friendly and helpful. The swimming pool (and pool area) is beautiful. The pool is not just a standard concrete rectangle. Also, there is a Wendy's, right across the street, and a Snack Mart right next door.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank sondral44
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Very nice hotel with a pricepoint that is in the normal range for today's hotels. Staff was exceptional, making this stay and this place rate out better than average. Location is very good. -- and now I'm adding characters because 200 is the minimum requirement. This is the least enjoyable part of the entire stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple