“Clean, Super Modern, Great Customer Service!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn St. Petersburg

Hampton Inn St. Petersburg
Ranked #10 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Port Orange, FL
“Clean, Super Modern, Great Customer Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

My hubby and I arrived in St. Petersburg to attend an evening wedding at a larger hotel. We decided to book our overnight room here because of the per night price. When we arrived, we were very pleased to see a well lit parking lot, security outside the hotel, carts available inside the front door for our luggage and an all around beautiful facility. The lounge and breakfast area are gorgeous - very cozy yet modern looking.

What's interesting is that there are 2 elevators so walking through the hallways to get to the 1st floor is kept to a minimum. Nice touch.

The room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. Honestly, the room was larger than we expected. This hotel is very quiet and the bed was perfect.

A delicious breakfast is available which makes the per night price even more attractive. This was a superb place to stay and we'd love to go back.

Room Tip: Call the facility directly and ask about discounts for paying in full ahead of time. Rooms facing th...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Coach126

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

The Hampton on 34th works well for us. We come over to attend Rays games and the location makes it easy to get to and from the game. We also love the "Po Folks" restaurant just down the street -- best darn fried chicken anywhere. Also convenient are drug stores, gas, etc.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Chesterfield twp, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

giant pool, big clean area, was a bit ashamed to go the beach with that right outside my room. friendly helpful staff. internet connect was a bit slow but it was att uverse what can you expect. the Hotel is to find right off 275 on the main street north an south

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed here last week for 3 nights. Originally, I was staying downtown, but opted to save money by booking this Hampton Inn, just a few miles away. I am looking for a new job, so I had to watch my money. Free breakfast, parking, and wi-fi were the deciding factors in choosing this hotel. The room was clean and comfortable. No complaints. Breakfast was OK, nothing fancy but I was happy eating a yogurt, some toast, fruit, and coffee. There were a few protein options each morning; again, not fancy at all, pre-made omelet type stuff, but it was fine. There are tons of cereals to choose from, a waffle maker, juice, and coffee. The pool area looked fine, and the gym was small but adequate. The location is nothing special; strip malls and fast food, but I wasn't spending my days at the hotel and met friends downtown or at the beach for dinner. The front desk staff and the housekeeping staff were all very friendly. The lobby is really nicely decorated and the building is in good shape. My only suggestion to the hotel is to use something with a less powerful scent to clean the elevators in the morning (I had to cover my nose to breathe - it reminded me of Febreeze but super overpowering). I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Twissa
Orlando, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Good hotel as the lobby is very nice. The staff is pleasant and the breakfast is good. Not much pressure in the shower though in the room I stayed in which was disappointing. Also, the surrounding area is not very nice and even though you may be 10 minutes to something more exciting, its still not a place you should walk around. Theres a Walmart nearby which I guess is nice to have.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

2 Thank Keith A
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

The hotel is pretty comparable to most Hampton Inns with the rooms being spacious, clean and the staff being fairly friendly. I had a couple of problems: 1) I requested a wake-up call and did not get one causing me to miss a major business meeting. Then the subsequent wake-up calls just ended up going off several times, waking the rest of my family up at 5:30 am. 2) A ? homeless man tried to enter the hotel when I arrived (late) and was chased out by a night manager, then when my family and I were returning late from dinner (around 9pm or after), we were confronted by a pan handler coming right up to the door of our car. The neighborhood is not one you want to stay in....very sketchy and one of the employees even informed my family members who were staying there while I was at my meeting, not to walk very far away from the hotel (during the day!). I was given a free night offer- however, corporate gave me less than 1) what I paid for the room, 2) what the next room at the next Hampton Inn will cost me...so...NOT a free night. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad for the 100% satisfaction guarantee...but if you offer it, make sure the customer is 100% satsified and offered the amount they paid...that's only fair. On the upside: staff was pretty friendly, my 1BR suite was HUGE (small bathroom) and comfy!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank J4030FZlaurar
Beverly Hills, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Stayed just last night. Everything went perfect. Breakfast buffet was very good too. The staff was friendly. The property was very clean. Had a very nice pool. Looking forward to staying there in the future. 7 mins to Tropicana Field. :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple