“Fun entertainment complex, but lodging is lacking”
Review of Flamingo Resort

Flamingo Resort
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I spent the week before Pride '13, 6 night's at the Flamgino Resort. With the three theme bars on site there's plenty of fun on week nights and weekends. The pool and cabana bar can't be beat for a great spot to hang, tan and meet new friends. Also the front desk was very friendly. However, staying at the resort has it downside. The door key card lock often didnt work so over my stay i needed to get 4 new key cards. Each night of my 6 day stay, there very loud, throbbing music blaring at the pool until at least 3am; on two nights the music blared until dawn. Also, on three night's there was loud, rowdy people in. The pool until 3am. I love to have a good time, but enough is a enough with the loud music. Also over my stay my room was only refreshed on one occasion. When one came to clean the room, on the third day I asked Anna, a sweet person to refresh the room. At 5:30pm it still wasn't cleaned so I asked again and she came right away. Considering the reasonable price, I wasn't overly upset by the lack of housekeeping, but was surprised there wasn't a daily cleaning routine. All in all, in the future, I would use the fun entertainment complex but wouldn't stay at this resort again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank GoodDeedDoer

Reviewed 7 August 2013

"Always happy here at the Flamingo, VERY pet friendly, Bartenders Terry & Kevin and Server Molly are always a pleasure too see and VERY welcoming & on top of taking care of your/their guests; as well as Tammy behind the front desk; we can't say the same about the shirtless Barback worker with the tattoos & beard in his mid 20's even my straight Sister said he was kinda rude & ignored the bar guests that were trying to make conversation with him...REALLY disappointed in the Friday night Fish fry tho, not being catty here, I was REALLY looking forward to the Fish Fry cause we missed it last month when we were here, we both got it & were really not at all happy with it, cost was $11 and in reality you would get a bigger & better portion on the value menu from Long John Silvers, my Sister got the Philly Cheese Steak she was happy, next time we will just stick to burgers or sandwiches & leave the Fish Fry for the dieters & light eaters...All in all no complaints here, been here many times in the past & will be here many more times & look forward to getting out of the Mouse Trap town city Orlando we live in...We stay in the pet rooms & they are always as clean as they can be, and for the money we pay to stay here it's a REALLY good value, The Flamingo is not the Ritz Carlton but they are NOT trying to be one, very comfortable & laid back...I highly recommend Flamingo to anybody that's coming to this part of the state..."

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This is my second time here. The front desk was very understanding that I had a pet and needed to make sure everything was ok. The room was clean and well kept and I was pleased that housekeeping even provided me with extra towels to use at the pool. The bartenders were friendly and provided information about a couple of attractions in the area that I should go to as well as the best local beach to lay out at. All in all this was a very pleasant experience. I will return!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

On this visit to Flamingo we got to meet the head of Housekeeping, Anna, very kind woman & very conscientious about her rooms & her work, when she came to service our room Saturday morning she not only brought us extra towels but also checked back with us to see that we were alright in our room before she went home for the evening. Rooms are always kept in order and clean on all of our previous visits here too. Again, I can’t say how at home we feel whenever we stay at the Flamingo & how VERY pet friendly they are towards Porter our 9 year old 75 pound Mixed-Rottie...We always stay in the same room it’s the farthest from the front desk & quiet, since it’s a pet room I’d like to see the carpet ripped up & replaced with tile or linoleum since NOT all the pets that stayed in that room seem to be house broken as the carpet is stained, seems like they should rip out that carpet & replace it with some inexpensive flooring since it is one of the pet rooms; but that’s NOT a housekeeping issue but rather maintenance “upgrade” issue & will hopefully be updated sometime in the near future...

Room Tip: Pool side is where all the activity is, so if travelling with a pet, be sure to choos an outer room.
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We had a wonderful time good mix of people the staff was wonderful to us, the front desk was very friendly and helpful cant wait to go back again one of the nicest pools for a resort the food was great and the bars was great if you don't want to stay at one you have others to choice from we will be back love the place, Carlton Dobbs and MIsha Prokopenko

Room Tip: The price is excellent here me and my husband love the place
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I am writing to praise the hotel on its staff, cleaniness, hospitality and friendliness. I recently stayed at your hotel July 12th through July 14th. As soon as I arrived to check in the hospitality could be felt by an awesome exchange front the front desk clerk for accommodating my request from a park lot room move to a courtyard room. The room I was in was very clean and spacious. The pool was clean and your courtyard was clean and very inviting. The staff needs to be commended on their hospitality. The place is huge and everywhere I went I felt welcomed.
One staff member that needs some praised was the bartender named Nate. He accomodated all my questions of how to get around the area telling me where to go to get to the wedding I was attending that weekend. He was very polite and hospitable to not only me but to others.

I will make a special trip to St Pete again to just to stay at the resort.

Room Tip: If you want quiet stay on the outside of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Sunday June 30th, 2013 I was at Flamingo Resort in St Pete for what was Press Released as "The Closing Event of Pride being held at Flamingo Resort". The hotel was packed with people all day Saturday and even more on Sunday. When arriving to Flamingo a Flamingo employee was directing traffic into the Maxi Mall parking lot telling drivers where to Park. Drivers returned to their cars a few hours latter only to find a empty parking lot. I have been told that over 70 cars were towed on Sunday night alone. I don't know yet if that number is much higher or lower, I am waiting for Skyway Towing to call me back. They said they would have to try to confirm that number this week. I was first told 60 cars by the towing driver, but a Flamingo desk clerk told me over 70 were towed Sunday night alone. The two desk clerks at Flamingo were very understanding, in fact they were shocked that Flamingo let this happen on the biggest gay event of the year. However, I was not treated half as well by the Manager of Flamingo "Tammy". In short she tells me they only pay to reserve the first 3 rows of parking in that lot next to McDonald's and Ace Hardware and that it was "Not their problem people got towed even though they had paid Flamingo employees telling us to park in the very spots we were all towed from". I spoke very calmly to Tammy and asked her if she felt that she should publicly apologize to the gay community about what happened and she said "NO!!!....they would not!!!!! She then hung up on me. Skyway Towing (who have been very nice and helpful that night) also told us this happens about 3 times a year with Flamingo over big events they have, they said they will not set up any agreement with the lot next door and they (Flamingo) know every event that people will be getting towed away, yet they still have workers telling them to park in that lot. It was $115 to get our car back that same night. I feel so badly for the people who live paycheck to paycheck and could not get their car back,....but as Tammy said "It's not Flamingo's problem. I don't feel the gay community should show Flamingo any support if they are unwilling to fix this problem and apologize to us all. They keep taking our money and could careless what our outcome is at the end of the night. It's very disrespectful. Do you really want to give a place like this your money?

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
17  Thank John97772
Manager999, Sales and Marketing at Flamingo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Hello John,

I am very sorry about the delay in responding to your review. I have recently joined Flamingo to help us be more receptive to guests concerns and expectations. Management changes have been made and we are committed to focus on customer service, value and remedies to issues that arise. I apologize for your experience and thank you for sharing with us so that we might find a solution before the next big event at our resort. Again, thank you for your review and I hope you consider visiting us again in the future to see the changes we have made in both the resort appearance and customer service. Steven