I stayed at this hotel over 3 years ago, when it was clean, respectful and full of life. I was heading to Florida again to meet up with some friends and booked a 3 night stay at the Flamingo, remembering what a fun time I had and what a nice, clean place. I was happy that there was a "gay" hotel to relax and feel completely comfortable at during my stay. Unfortunately, when I arrived, I could immediately see that this hotel had taken a turn for the worst. All 3 rooms that I kept being transferred too were all the same. The carpets were stained in black, the rooms were not clean and the entire room smelled strong of mildew. I even purchased a can of Lysol,, but even after using the entire can, the smell did not leave. There was a hole on the bathtub, used cups in the bathroom door on the floor and I found 2 used condoms in the room. One beside the nightstand and the other at the foot of the bed. There were also holes and rips in the sheets. Only 2 outlets worked in the entire room. I finally decided I just could not stay at the hotel, packed my things and checked out that same night. The night manager, who was very nice to speak with, apologized and advised me to call back the next morning for the day front desk manager for a full refund. I had to make several calls to the front desk the following day and spoke with the day manager, who was very rude, sarcastic and unprofessional. He did not want to discuss the reasons why I left, he interrupted me, saying "Your car has been refunded, sir". I will never go back to this establishment, because of the way the rooms were kept, and the because of the rudeness of the day front desk manager. This is a SHAME, because I was so excited to be doing business with a gay establishment and supporting our community. Unfortunately, the owners of this hotel do not seem to have pride in their business and decided to not take care of the business. I wish the hotel luck and hope it can turn everything around, but in the meantime, PLEASE read all of the recent reviews before booking a room. It's not worth the unsanitary rooms and mildew/mold smell.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE FLAMINGO GLBT RESORT & ENTERTAINMENT COMPLEX. Just minutes from some of the best beaches in America, Flamingo is a must at the top of your list of Gay Travel Destinations. The Flamingo Resort has 130 Hotel Rooms, the Flamingo Grill & Cafe, 9 On-Site Shops, 7 Bars and an 80,000 Gallon Pool. Enjoy Tropical Drinks served at the poolside Cabana or relax inside at Flamingo's Video Bar... or dance the night away at the Flamingo Main Bar Night Club, complete with Live DJ's, Light Shows & The Flamingo Royal Players Cabaret Show! Our goal at the Flamingo Resort is to ensure your complete satisfaction while visiting Florida's Largest Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender Resort & Entertainment Complex. We are able to do this by offering Non-Stop Entertainment, Great Food & Drinks, and a fabulous staff that understand our Customers are our number one priority. Our job is to create the atmosphere of your dreams where you can meet new friends, make new memories, and have a fantastic time!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Flamingo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Hotel St. Petersburg
- Jms Hotel St Petersburg
- Knights Inn Saint Petersburg
- Flamingo Resort St. Petersburg, Florida