“Very nice Hotel; super staff; highly recommend”

St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater
Ranked #14 of 43 Hotels in St. Petersburg
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Great stay, needed a place convenient to TPA for an early AM flight. Great bed, very clean, nice but smallish bathroom - dual shower heads though, and beautiful lobby was a welcome respite. Front desk provided me with concierge level room as a Gold elite rewards member (I travel a lot for work). However, since this is primarily a business hotel, concierge lounge amenities are not available on Sat. To compensate, I was instead offered an option of free breakfast in the restaurant or additional bonus points. I opted for the extra points, and ordered breakfast for room service instead, which was delivered exactly on time and perfect to my order. It was $12 for FULL breakfast. Couldn't eat all the food they gave, HOT coffee in a carafe and juice -- and it was just slightly more expensive than if I'd gone to Bob Evans - plus it saved me an hour. An excellent value!
I had dinner @ 10pm Sat night in their restaurant, Craft. Dined at the bar and conversed with the bartender since very few customers (just me & 2 other patrons). She was super: very efficient, friendly & accommodating. Clearly sensing I was exhausted, she made sure to advise before I paid the check that I was certainly welcome to take another glass of wine to go.
Next time I fly out of TPA, I will absolutely return. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

I appreciate you taking a moment to share your comments from your recent stay at the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater. I'm happy that you found our location convenient for your early flight out of TPA, and hope we have the opportunity to have you as our guest again soon. Please be assured that I will pass along your great feedback to our staff!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

My family and I have stayed at this hotel on two different occasions this year. The service is great, hotel is clean, restaurant is good and I have no complaints other than the room without a view. During our most recent stay we were placed on the third floor. The room was nice but there was huge architectural feature, probably a parapet, blocking the outside view. Because our stay was just for a night we didnt make a big deal out of it. Other than that it was a great stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay; please let us know when you return, and we will be sure to block you into a room with a better view! We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

This was my 3rd stay at this property in 2014. I used mobile check in and was able to arrive and check-in at 8 am before my meetings for the day. They did put me in double bed room when I booked a king but a quick call to the front desk and they remedied the situation and the front desk met me by the new room with the new keys. The rooms are very spacious. I love the entry door that leads to each block of 2 rooms which provides for extra privacy and quiet. Usually I don't hear any noise but this time it was abnormally loud in the morning with doors slamming frequently. The room decor could use updating and the shower in this particular room needed to be fixed so that the water doesn't build up in the tub when showering. The concierge lounge is nothing special but it's nice to be able to quench your late night thirst or sweet tooth if needed. The restaurant downstairs Craft has pretty good food and the bar stays open till 1. Overall the hotel does a great job of catering to business travelers.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Thank you for your review of your recent visit to the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater. Please know that I will share your comments with our staff in order that we may improve in the areas that you mentioned. I am glad that you enjoyed your overall experience, and we look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Everything went well with my first stay at this property. The drive over from the Tampa airport is very sceneic and the hotel has free parking which is a big plus. The room was nice and spaceous with a good sized bathroom. There were dual shower heads which was a nice plus. The room was quiet and had everything I like, flat screen tv, fridge and good working wifi. The staff was nice and helpful and the concierge lounge was nice, clean and had good offerings for breakfast and in the evening, really anytime I stopped in. I was here for business and there were many good areas to meet with co-workers in the lobby for quick meetings. The pier area of St. Pete was an easy drive and has one of my favorite places to eat . The price was a great value for all I recieved and I will recommend and use this property whenever I am in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your great comments and recommendation! We hope to see you soon again at the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Had 2 rooms, reserved early check-in and upgrade as gold mbr in advance, but only 1 room was ready, no upgrade. On the 4th floor we didn`t get newspaper in the morning although we had access to the concierge lounge. Personnel was very friendly but found the breakfast choice limited compared to other concierge b/f. For 2 rooms the main door connecting 2 rooms were really convenient for us whereas I could understand that someone having 1 room only, would be annoyed by the noise. Fitness center was well equipped but pool really TOO SMALL for an hotel of that size with only 4 sunbeds and in the shade in the afternoon. They should have planned it on a different side of the hotel! On our 1st day reception gave us wrong directions to the Sawgrass Lake State Park and we were lost.
Overall the hotel is well situated for visiting the area, within 1/2 hour one can be at the beaches or downtown St, Petersburg, all while having the benefits of a full serviced Marriott.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

I appreciate your feedback about your recent stay with us at the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater. Thank you for your candid comments; please know that I will follow up on the areas of opportunity that you mentioned. I am pleased that you enjoyed your overall experience, and look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed here April 12-14 and I was very comfortable. The room was very spacious for a standard room, it was well kept, loved the comfy bed, pillows and bed linen. Bathroom was a good size with nice counter space. There were two different shower heads and the hot water was instantly on. There was a mini refrigerator in the room which was a nice touch. Nice flat screen TV, great free wifi as well. Self parking at the hotel was a bonus. All the staff I encountered was pleasant and helpful. Ordered room service breakfast and it arrived quickly and everything was just as I ordered. It was a short trip so did'n't explore the hotel too much but everything I saw was spotless. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts and feedback regarding your recent visit to the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater. I am pleased that you found your room and overall accommodations with us enjoyable! We hope we have the pleasure of having you back soon as our guest!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

This is the third time at this hotel.. WOW so bad .. the first two times I did not say anything I come for work at the Air Station Clearwater often. I love Marriott's and always try to stay when I travel. I have to say this is the WORST Marriott in the system. I had problems the first two times but was told to advise the manager when I return and will be "taken care of".. REALY , the Bartender was the worst ever, RUDE, I love hotel bars as it is a nice place to relax and meet travelers ... but the Bartender was so rude you wanted to run out..DONT STAY. better service at a motel 6

Room Tip: none all noise ....
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank plinimia
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

I am sorry that you did not have a good experience at our bar; obviously this is not the standard of service that we strive to deliver at the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater. I am disappointed that we did not have the opportunity to correct the issue during your stay; please feel free to contact me directly in order that I may get further details and address immediately.