“Friend made me go here for a birthday celebration!”
Review of Twisted Cork Grille - CLOSED

Twisted Cork Grille
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

I expected the worst.. but found a great special place. Food was great and service was nice. It's like a secret restaurant. Don't let the location stop you...try it out. I'll go back.

1  Thank kubladane

Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Stopped based on reviews from here and I'm glad we did! It was the cheapest place I had eaten at in st. Pete with the most amount of food and quality of food. Great beer selection too!

2  Thank Nathan A
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

If only they could afford a better location. Maybe downtown? Truly amazing food and a great chef. The staff is personable and extremely friendly. The burger is one of the best in the area. In my opinion the best kept secret in tampa bay. I always make sure to visit on my way for an oil change in clearwater.

1  Thank nforsyth3
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Dont let the surroundings fool you (crap motel shares parking lot) the inside food and service is fantastic.

1  Thank Mike N
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

Ok. So this is a bit embarrassing. I am a St Pete native of 50 years and even though I do not live real close to this awesome restaurant I can't believe I have driven past it for 3 + years. My loss. Here's the deal. This restaurant's menu is literally feels like it was written just for me. Check it out and see if you feel the same way. Specifics: I needed a place to eat for a meeting I had near my mechanic. Trip Advisor and Yelp showed the Twisted Cork nearby with very high ratings. Turns out Urban Spoon agrees. Heck, just one meal will prove why. My meal was OUTSTANDING! I will be back. I had the Rosemary Polenta over mushrooms in sauce. OMG! A must every time. Man, I wanted to try the fried Mac Cheese bites so bad. Maybe next time. The burgers were highly rated and our server and apparent restaurant icon Brandy concurred. Of course I had to build my own burger by combing my favorite ingredients from the menu: medium rare, fried jalapeños. Sautéed mushrooms and onions and crumbled blue cheese. And WOW the Ciabata bread it came on was soft yet firm and flavorful. Lots of sides to choose from so I ordered the smoked Gouda cheese grits. I'm telling you folks there was not a morsel of food left on my plate. I promised that next time I will get the fried key lime pie. Yes. I said fried. Lastly, their iced tea rocked the house. It is definitely sweet and real good sweet tea is hard to find in St Pete. I had mine half and half. The rough? Well - their location is very commercial to industrial as in a very inexpensive hotel is adjacent. The experience is definitely worth looking the other way a bit. So NOT let the location keep you away. PS They so have a limited bar.

2  Thank TNTATTHEBEACH