“Disappointing”

Cuisines: Asian
Tampa Bay
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I approached this restaurant for my first visit with trepidation, seeing the long line at the nearby Chipotle. Not to worry, however, as the restaurant was uncrowded at the height of lunch time. One orders and pays at a counter, then the food is brought to you. The basic menu gives a choice of first the main ingredient (chicken, shrimp, steak or vegetarian) and then the accompanying sauce. I ordered one of the signature dishes of steak with spicy Korean sauce and mushrooms. The dish was well flavored but not spicy at all, and was covered with thick brown and very salty gravy that overpowered the dish. The cashier asked for my choice of brown, white or fried rice (the latter not being on the menu), and failed to tell me that the fried rice was $1.00 more. I had a side of hot and sour soup, with the soup being neither spicy nor sour as expected. It was very thick and sweet. I did notice that chile sauce and horseradish sauce were available. My husband was happy with his signature dish of steak and ginger broccoli. Both entrees came in a large portion. The menu includes a list of small plates and gluten free items.

I might try this restaurant again, but would not make a special trip to do so. Note that the ladies' bathroom is a "one holer".

Fortune cookies are set out for the taking, as are Oriental take-out containers.

Visited December 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Like it!”
Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

Delicious food,reasonable prices,patient and informative host.Had Kung Pao with shrimp which was absolutely delicious!!Will be back again!

• Visited August 2013
Sg Petersburg
“Pei Wei”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Food is way over-the top, but tends to be extremely salty unless NO MSG is requested. No actual wait staff, but employees are very helpful. wll go there again.

Visited November 2012
St Pete FL
“Get your Act Together”
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Man, we've eaten here 3 times already and its really hit or miss here. You need to be more consistent with your food.
The chicken lettuce wraps especially. You're supposed to use the butter lettuce and have a thin peanut satay sauce. Last time we were given iceberg lettuce and pure soy sauce for the sauce.
I practically argued with the server to stick his finger in it to believe me. He brought me back a thick peanut sauce that was clearly for another dish. So, i mixed a little of each to create the sauce it should of had. Our last experience flat out, just plainly sucked.
There are no excuses for you to be using cheap bottom barrel iceberg lettuce when you have Publix in the same parking lot to go get some more butter lettuce. Yes its more expensive but thats the lettuce to use for wraps and why you charge $7 for it too.
Please get your act together, we will return again only with reservations hoping it has improved.
If it hasnt, then we will never return.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank MustLoveCats03
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Greasy and nasty”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Don't go there. Food is swimming in oil and the brown rice is undercooked. I tried it more than once. Last time the food was not edible.

Visited July 2012