“Nice Outdoor, Dog Friendly Dining”

Boardwalk Pasta & Seafood
Ranked #236 of 907 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
“Nice Outdoor, Dog Friendly Dining”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The main reason we chose this restaurant is that it has outdoor waterfront dining and is dog friendly. We brought our Lab mix with us and had an enjoyable experience. The waterfront is more like a view over a pond, but we still liked it. I wanted ribs that day but knew I couldn't eat a full order. The server suggested the half rack which was perfect! My husband had the meat loaf and loved it. Plenty of food and a nice atmosphere. Service was great as well!

• Visited July 2014

Montpelier, Virginia, USA
“Nice setting”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Lots of food, good atmosphere but food is not great. Good for friends and wanting to enjoy the weather without spending too much.

Visited June 2014
“3.5 ”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

05.19.14 visit. The parking is confusing but we found our way to the door. I'm not a smoker and was nervous about the previous reviews. I smelt a slight hint of smoke at first, but the air was pretty well clean. Killer nachos were ok, chili seemed out of a can. Cesar salad pretty good.black and blue burger was great...not over seasoned. Brewed tea, yay! Waitress was absent at times, but overall not bad.

2 Thank Ageezee
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I had lunch today at the Boardwalk and was a little disappointed. I ordered chili that was described on the menu as being lightly spiced but was to spicy for me to finish. For lunch I had the Island Chicken which was over cooked and very dry. The Red Beans and Rice also seemed to be over cooked and had an odd flavor, I'm guessing it was from the metal bowl it was served in. I sat at the bar and the bartender very nice and provided great service.

• Visited May 2014
Atkinson NH
“Good food, great prices, but smokey”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We really like this place, but we visit it much less often because they don't control the smoking areas at the bar and outside seating from ruining the non smoking areas meals. Sometimes it's not a problem, and other times it completely ruins the meal, depending on the wind direction.

Unfortunately, it is a very common problem in Florida restaurants. I guess the "rights" of the 18% of Americans that still smoke trump the rights of the 82% of non smokers to eat free of carcinogens in the air while they eat? As always, 2 stars off the overall rating for this deal breaking issue.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Rich5534
Paul H, Owner at Boardwalk Pasta & Seafood, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for your comments. it is true that we do provide access to the bar from the outside porch area. we only allow smoking in the outside area to accommodate our smoking patrons. We strive hard to keep smoke out of the main bar and dining area. Fortunately, this is not normally a problem because the prevailing wind is in our favor. Unfortunately, when the wind blows from the south, it is a more difficult problem. I am seeking expert advice to preclude smoke intrusion at all times to include fans to push air out of the restaurant. Personally, I am a non-smoker so I empathize with your concerns. However, our smoking patronage is quite high so we do our best to accommodate all. We would have gladly moved your seat to accommodate your needs. Again, I appreciate your concern and will continue to strive for improvement. Please stop by and see me the next time you are in the restaurant; I would enjoy discussing potential solutions. Regards, Paul