“So fun!”
Review of Zen Glass Studio

Zen Glass Studio
More attraction details
Owner description: Zen Glass Studio, located in beautiful St. Petersburg, Florida, is the Tampa Bay Area's premier lampworking and glass art studio. Offering classes, workshops and private instruction daily. Beginners are able to melt, sculpt and craft one of many projects available, including "Make your own wine glass" ,"MYO Pendants" and a private 2 hour group workshop. Call today to schedule your next great experience.
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We did a "make your own wine glass" workshop for my sister's birthday...with zero practical experience and not much intrinsic talent. Both of our glasses turned out beautifully! The glass blowing expert makes the bowl and foot of the glass while you customize the stem after a brief introduction. We had a great time and would definitely recommend it to friends and family and/or come back again.

3  Thank Megan M

Reviewed 16 May 2013

My 16 year old has wanted to learn how to blow glass for quite some time. I purchased the beginners 9 hour workshop for him. He completed 5 hours of it last weekend and had a great time and learned alot. The owners and staff are very knowledgeable. He made some great pieces which they promptly shipped to our home. We will be returning for him to complete the workshop soon and he is looking forward to it.

5  Thank SFLMom
Reviewed 13 April 2013

I found out about Zen Glass Studio through a Groupon deal and could not resist adding glass working to my Bucket List accomplishments. The project was creating the stem of a wine glass using the gas jets and rods of glass. I was fortunate in that the other class participants were no shows so I had instructor David Walker all to myself. He was informative, patient and funny, making it a truly special experience. I love his comment that I was there to have fun - "if you want perfection, go to Pier I"! For anyone considering this class, it is safe (as long as you pay attention to a few caveats), you have very achievable results and you will learn much about the process and glass in general.

4  Thank bielbay
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My husband and I attended a glass blowing workshop and LOVED it. We each made an ornament sphere. Christian was a great instructor and we had the chance to try all steps in creatig our own work of art. We both look forward to trying this again in the future. This is a fun activity for a couple or a group.

3  Thank flsky
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We had a private birthday party for our friend at Zen Glass and what a great time we had! They let us pick martini or wine glasses - something for everyone! Josh and Dave were great and the atmosphere let us believe we were true artists for the afternoon! We'll be back!

3  Thank Stephanie J