“Property management”

Ranked #24 of 41 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Property management”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I had a marvelous visit. My meetings require a lot of driving so I love staying here such awesome location directly downtown minutes off exit with great rates.I can park my car and have dinner with fantastic food right at Ceviche restaurant.The food is always amazing great staff definitely try the Ceviche awesome! Entertainment is right there fantastic music with dancers that will entertain thruout evening .I highly recommend if your looking for great location ,reasonable rates and amazing food and music !/0

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
PonceDeLeonHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Ponce De Leon Hotel, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Hello
Its is lovely to receive nice reviews.
Thank you dearly for taking the time to rate us. We enjoy having you staying with us and we hope to see your beautiful smile again.

Audrey Love
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Florida
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Friendly & helpful staff; great property (clean & updated), right on the bay with awesome views. Location was very convenient--close to all the shops and hot spots on St. Saint Pete. Parking just across street.

• Stayed July 2014
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I have travelled to many cities in the world and i must say that , when i frist selected to stay in ST.Petersburg ,florida , i had to chance of residing at the Ponce de Leon Boutique Hotel. It is well situated in the heart of Downtown st. Petersburg .The front desk staff are friendly and i had the chance of meeting the Owner , who is very Pleasant and welcoming .
My room faced the bay and was clean.
I was at this hotel for a coulpe of weeks while searching for my apartment.
I highly recommend this location to all that are new to this city. And to all that are visiting.
Ohh and a must try... is the Ceviche Tapas bar and Tapas restaruant.

Room Tip: As the staff say "all our rooms are good".
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Lacombe, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I booked a suite through Booking.com that was supposed to have 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa. There was no sleeper sofa when we arrived. The lady at the front desk said that Booking.com had the description of their other queen suite, but that it was already occupied. She indicated they had to honor what the website described to the best of their ability. Since the suite I thought I was getting was occupied, they offered a rollaway bed, but I couldn't have it until the following night because housekeeping was already gone for the evening. When I didn't receive the rollaway bed the following day, I approached the front desk day shift. The woman told me that she would not honor what Booking.com described as the suite I was reserving, and IF they had a rollaway bed available, they would charge me for it. The only other option I was offered was to cancel without a cancellation fee.....but we had already been there one night!

Had I been accommodated as I had been told upon check in, I might have overlooked the nasty smell in the hallway and the incredibly cramped bathrooms that should come with a maximum body size disclaimer. Anyone larger than an "average" sized person would not have been able to get in and out of the bathroom very easily. Staying more than two nights in this hotel would have been too many.

I'll also be submitting a review to Booking. com

Room Tip: Call to confirm that what you think you've reserved is actually what has been reserved for you!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hello,
I am disappointed that your experience here was less than what you had expected, I would like to add that with your reservation I can understand and why.

My guess would be that you had your original reservation was through Booking.com . The part of this miscommunication is that there was no request for a rollaway bed in your original reservation I am sure we would have to our best ability accommodated you according to your request.
Still we should have better aided you in getting what you needed and making you comfortable.

I would like to apologize for all the inconveniences we inquired you, kindly accept this invitation back to the Ponce De Leon Hotel , accept this 10% off your next stay , we would like to make it up to you.

Again we sincerely apologize

Audrey L
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My stay was awful. Everyone on my hallway was blacked out drunk and we even had a girl banging on our door between 3-5 am because she thought it was her room. She then proceeded to have a conversation w someone on the hallway until sunrise.

We called the front desk and they did nothing to relieve the situation. If you are going to allow this behavior at your hotel, market it not a a "cute boutique hotel" but more like a frat house crossed with a hostel.

To be honest I've never been so appalled and shocked by the misrepresentation of a hotel on a website. Really, what a terrible stay we had with you.

I would never in a million years even consider staying here again even if it was free of charge.

You have a lot of improvements to make. Stay here if you plan on partying all night and dont care about sleeping and dont mind waking up to a hallway filled with different piles of vomit.

Room Tip: Stay here if you plan on partying all night and dont care about sleeping and dont mind waking up to...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello ,
I am sad that your experience was a bad one.
I would like to apologize for all in conveniences.
No the Ponce De Leon Hotel Is Not a frat house and we do not encourage this type of behavior.
I am sure you can understand that we are unable to control grown people . I am disappointed that you left this hotel with a bad taste in your mouth. I would like to make it up to you by extending an invitation, to come back and give us another chance. If the Hotel is not where you would like to stay , we do have a sister Property The Mansion House Inn . A bed and Breakfast located five blocks from downtown and it is in a more quite location.

Again we apologize

Audrey .L
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Small room, very musty smelling, all guests woke up with severe allergies due to old a/c unit. Very unhealthy air quality. Would not stay here again. Rooms also not sound proof, very thin walls. Location is good if looking to head to a baseball game or experience the downtown night life.

• Stayed July 2014
Hello,
I am sad that you did not have a pleasant stay .
It with comments like these that help us know what to fix, this way on your next stay with us you will be well accommodated.
Thank you for taking the time to rate us it helps us fix what needs attention.
Kindly accept this invitation back to stay with us and give us a chance to make it up to you.

Audrey. L