“Tryst is my Cheers...”
Review of Tryst

Tryst
Reserve with OpenTable
Tryst is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #105 of 916 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Price range: US$10 - US$34
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: A mix of eclectic foods and high-end wine and spirits, including one-of-a-kind signature cocktails on Beach Drive in St. Petersburg. Discover the indulgence of our culinary team's unique take on traditional and nontraditional creations served every night in addition to one of the best parties in Downtown.
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Tryst is my Cheers...”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I can't say enough about Tryst! The staff is truly a family and treats its regulars as if they are too! My boyfriend and I are there weekly. It is definitely our go to spot for some of our favorite craft cocktails. Logan is a terrific mixologist! And Jesse definitely holds her own in that department as well. From the owners to the staff to the indoor and outdoor atmosphere, Tryst cannot be beat!

They have an ever changing menu which has evolved over time to a terrific menu! Last night I had the One Pound Club (without the bread) - grilled chicken breast, tomato, avocado, lettuce and bacon. It was so good and fresh. Oh, and the fries are scrumptious! On many occasions we have had the delicious steak. Always cooked perfectly!

For visitors and residents, Tryst is a true gem and a must stop! Make reservations if you are dining. The restaurant gets packed after 6:00 on weekends.

• Visited May 2014

Lakeland, Florida
“Very Good Meal”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We were late getting an outdoor table at our "usual" place from which to watch the night parade during the Grand Prix, so we looked for another street-front table nearby and ended up at Tryst. We were very pleasantly surprised. The food was very good and the service was excellent. The appetizer with garlic hummus and several other spreads was delicious! Excellent hamburgers too.

Visited March 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Chef Sean is unprofessional”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I want everyone to know that the chef at Tryst, and this has nothing to do with the establishment as a whole, but the chef, Sean is a terrible person to represent one of the best spots on Beach Dr. My friend, who is a employee, and I were sitting at the bar drinking some champagne when chef Sean came up to us and hollered at us that we had to pay full price if we wanted to sit at the bar. We were made to feel unwelcome in our seats by Sean after we offered to give up out seats to anyone else. I do not know the man, he's no friend of mine, so for him to talk to me in that way is an insult. I respect the bar and restaurant but I have never had such a disrespectful or demeaning night at tryst. I want also to state that I am at tryst several nights a week, been there from the beginning when they opened. But this man is a terrible person.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Norbertoarroyo
Beaver Dam, WI
“Interesting menu! Great location”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We stayed over in St Petersburg downtown. I love the location. Picked this restaurant and was pretty disappointed in the menu. I had a sandwich and it was ok, but nothing special for the cost.

• Visited March 2014
Marlton, New Jersey
“Fun atmosphere for drinks”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stopped here on a whim on our way back from dinner on Beach Drive. It was a Monday night and the place still felt "occupied" without having a heavy weekend crowd of course but also without being the only patrons in the place which we took as a good sign for a Monday. We sat at the bar and enjoyed a couple of the signature drinks from the menu. The bartender was nice and we made a little small talk that was politely entertained. Overall an enjoyable night.

One negative... I'm not trying to pinch pennies, but it a principle thing more than anything. Our bill came to 66 and change and I made it add up to make an even $80. My fiance checked the math, plus I had a copy of the receipt in my purse still. Definitely 80$ total. Checked my bank account today and was charged $80.66... could have been an honest mistake but I also know this is how people nickel and dime their way to get more money knowing that someone probably won't complain over less than a dollar. I hope it was an honest mistake... we will return... just pay in cash next time...

• Visited February 2014