“Nice lounge bistro” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tryst

Tryst
Reserve with OpenTable
Tryst is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #102 of 893 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Price range: US$10 - US$34
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: A mix of eclectic foods and high-end wine and spirits, including one-of-a-kind signature cocktails on Beach Drive in St. Petersburg. Discover the indulgence of our culinary team's unique take on traditional and nontraditional creations served every night in addition to one of the best parties in Downtown.
Tampa, Florida
“Nice lounge bistro”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Although the place is really nice, my experience wasn't what I was expecting. The appetizer we had was the scallop sashimi.... terrible.... and very expensive. The wine selection is good, and prices are ok. The service is very good, very helpful waiters. Maybe I just have to give this place another chance and see what happens.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

“Dinner on Bayshore, St. Petersburg, FL”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Loved the outdoor seating and the buzz! The food was very well presented and tasted wonderful. They offer a broad selection of cocktails and micro brewed beers. Wait staff was helpful and friendly and 4-legged pets were welcomed to join diners outdoors too!

Visited May 2014
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Tryst is my Cheers...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

I can't say enough about Tryst! The staff is truly a family and treats its regulars as if they are too! My boyfriend and I are there weekly. It is definitely our go to spot for some of our favorite craft cocktails. Logan is a terrific mixologist! And Jesse definitely holds her own in that department as well. From the owners to the staff to the indoor and outdoor atmosphere, Tryst cannot be beat!

They have an ever changing menu which has evolved over time to a terrific menu! Last night I had the One Pound Club (without the bread) - grilled chicken breast, tomato, avocado, lettuce and bacon. It was so good and fresh. Oh, and the fries are scrumptious! On many occasions we have had the delicious steak. Always cooked perfectly!

For visitors and residents, Tryst is a true gem and a must stop! Make reservations if you are dining. The restaurant gets packed after 6:00 on weekends.

• Visited May 2014
Lakeland, Florida
“Very Good Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

We were late getting an outdoor table at our "usual" place from which to watch the night parade during the Grand Prix, so we looked for another street-front table nearby and ended up at Tryst. We were very pleasantly surprised. The food was very good and the service was excellent. The appetizer with garlic hummus and several other spreads was delicious! Excellent hamburgers too.

Visited March 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Chef Sean is unprofessional”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

I want everyone to know that the chef at Tryst, and this has nothing to do with the establishment as a whole, but the chef, Sean is a terrible person to represent one of the best spots on Beach Dr. My friend, who is a employee, and I were sitting at the bar drinking some champagne when chef Sean came up to us and hollered at us that we had to pay full price if we wanted to sit at the bar. We were made to feel unwelcome in our seats by Sean after we offered to give up out seats to anyone else. I do not know the man, he's no friend of mine, so for him to talk to me in that way is an insult. I respect the bar and restaurant but I have never had such a disrespectful or demeaning night at tryst. I want also to state that I am at tryst several nights a week, been there from the beginning when they opened. But this man is a terrible person.

• Visited March 2014