“Excellent location and service”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg / Madeira Beach KOA
Reviewed 25 April 2014

The management team lead by Lori has done an excellent job over the past two years. Sites have improved, WIFI has improved, and the service to the guests and property is excellent. We have stayed the month of April for 6 years and it just keeps getting better.

Room Tip: If you would like a lot with a view choose the back-in along the water. Excellent spots but as alway...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ken W

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I had not been to a KOA campground in 20+ years, but we enjoyed our stay here very much. It was crowded (Spring Break was still going on), but other guests were respectful and reasonably quiet. Staff were very friendly and accommodating and we appreciated the presence of nighttime security. We usually camp in state parks, but we would certainly consider this KOA again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank conquistador1513
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The location of the St Pete KOA is what would make me return. The RV sites are small and you can't choose your site, you get what you get. Once you are there the grounds people are the best , so helpful , polite and constantly working on the grounds. We had reserved a waterfront site and were extremely disappointed when we were escorted to our site ! Not patio , no water view and
The tiny site was a mud bowl ! There were no other sites available and the grounds staff assured us they would do everything to make our stay more comfortable. They brought a newer picnic table and a better fire pit and promised mulch the next day, which never came. I met with the manager , shared my concerns ,she agreed the site was incomplete and gave us a small refund :-) She shared the sites were incomplete because they ran out of money and told us how nice they will be next year...so we will give them a second chance:-)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robin c
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Showed up to camp for two nights, after being repeatedly heckled by the KOA we were informed that we could only set up 1 tent on our campsite. That night one of our friends attempted to visit us, and was told she would be ARRESTED if she attempted to enter the campground. Even after I showed up and told the KOA she was my guest they refused to let her in. I am not a rabble rouser/delinquent whatever you wish to call it. However, that is how I was treated by the KOA throughout my one night in KOA hell. We left without a refund on our second night. Terrible experience, never staying at a KOA again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Tyler J
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I've really only camped at jetty park in cape canaveral, which compared to that...no one can live up to it. When we first rolled up, my husband and I were greeted by two nice older gentlemen who guided us to our location. Our camping (tent) spot is EXTREMELY close to all the others. I feel like I'm in a cul de sac of tents. Literally, reach my arm over to the next tent, close. I was hoping for a little more secluded, but oh well. A sweet family helped us set up our tent, which don't get me wrong im totally thankful for all the help, butttttt I don't like the fact that people can see us set up our tent. The bathroom is a little of a walk. I haven't seen where the beach actually is or how close it is since we set up after dark. Children run between tents, which my husband and I have none, so it makes it kind of annoying, lol, but at least they're having fun. I rate this trip okay, it's clean but for $50 bucks a night without electric I would expect a little more privacy.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Saw this place advertised heavily in the Florida Camping Magazine at the welcome center near Jacksonville and called. The old gentleman who took the call said it was walking distance to the beach and all sites had cable and wifi. Must've confused it with his last retirement home on wheels job which is what this place is. It's nowhere near the beach. You definitely need to drive there plus the traffic is terrible so a bike is risky. The Pinellas Trail does run beside the property but it doesn't go to the beach. Our site didn't have cable or wifi which we paid a premium for. When I inquired at the front about the problems I was told "we've been having problems all season" but no refunds or discount were allowed even though we'd been misled. The place was clean and the folks were polite enough but the bait and switch on these key promises have turned me off. Plus it's 3 times more expensive than the state parks in the Tampa area. We stayed here specifically for the beach and wifi and got neither. We won't be back here.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve P
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I decided to head south to this great KOA for a weekend get away. We stayed in a Kamping Kabin which was very basic and simply a double bed and a bunk bed other than a couple shelves. From the start the staff was super friendly and very helpful. The grounds were immaculate and very well kept. The bathrooms were the cleanest of any campground I've ever stayed at and the beach and attractions are a mere ten minutes away. I would recommend this to anyone who wants more than just a basic campground get away! Thanks for a great weekend KOA!!!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alcornat
Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Petersburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites St. Petersburg - Seminole Area
Holiday Inn Express & Suites St....
#8 of 43 in St. Petersburg
Quality Inn & Suites at Tropicana Field
Quality Inn & Suites at Tropican...
#29 of 43 in St. Petersburg
Days Inn St. Petersburg North
Days Inn St. Petersburg North
#17 of 43 in St. Petersburg
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Peter...
#20 of 43 in St. Petersburg

Been to St. Petersburg / Madeira Beach KOA? Share your experiences!