“Haunting & Thought Provoking”

Florida Holocaust Museum
Ranked #11 of 130 things to do in St. Petersburg
Reviewed 4 September 2013

A place of sadness to experience through this museum the atrocities of one inhuman person to destroy so many lives.

1  Thank Joybug1952

Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

this museum while sad is also very inspirational. The staff is helpful. I have been on free museum day and while busy you can still see everything. It is a great experience.

3  Thank nforsyth3
Reviewed 12 August 2013

From outside to inside it is great.Everyone is so helpful and the recorded message listening wands gave you a personal tour guide. To learn and experience the art and artifacs was so moving.

2  Thank Cerissa B
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We got the tickets on groupon... No idea there was a Holocaust museum in St. Pete.

Highlights: Rail car, unique stories, art work, in depth history, library, places to reflect on the tragic events and well done info.

Cons. The security staff was rude & righteous. I was disgusted with one of the mans extremely rude behavior to my elderly father. There were listening devices that are provided. I've been to MANY museums. I'm HANDED the devise. He insisted on placing the devise around our necks. My dad... Out of force of habit reached for devise... We had NO idea that the man was going to put around our necks. The man YELLED at my dad..., SIR... PUT YOUR HANDS DOWN!!!! I was shocked. I refused to have him near me & put devise around my own neck.

This museum shouldn't have employees that are this rude. This is a HOLOCAUST museum.

Visit... But be aware of the nasty security staff.

1  Thank JQTO
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Today was BOA get in free day so I went down with my BOA credit card and identification. I waited at the ticket counter for about 5 minuets but no one appeared. I decided to leave and the security guard who had watched me stand at the counter with no one there yelled at me for standing too close to the entry doors (apparently the don't open automatically if you approach them from the ticket desk side). Crabby people.

I had tried to visit before on a day off. There is a sign plastered on the front doors "NO FIREARMS OR WEAPONS" well I carry a firearm lawfully with all the right governmental identification and approvals. I wasn't comfortable leaving it in my car in the parking lot so I had to forgo my visit that day. I don't like places that announce to criminals that all the patrons are unarmed - I think it simply invites crime rather than prevents crime.

You have to walk through a metal detector (assuming you can get tickets) and that seems a little intrusive to me.

It was previously in Seminole, Florida at the former Kapok restaurant site and it was very valuable and informative then, I assume it has only improved, but I'll probably never find out.

1  Thank mdoneil