“Saturday morning breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Family Owned Diner
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband says it is the best place for Eggs Benedict and the best price. Homemade hash with potatoes Yummy......

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I had heard good things about this place so my husband and I decided to give it a try for breakfast. I would categorize this place as a greasy spoon diner. Nothing imaginative at all. Our server was somewhat curt and just wanted to rush things along - more turnover the better.
I had to ask several questions because I am vegan and the menu didn't specify how things were prepared. It was not well received.
It wouldn't take much to make a few options available for those of us who don't want to (or can't) eat eggs or meat.
The oatmeal is cooked with milk. The pancakes have eggs in the batter. Only one option for bagels - plain. I opted for the fresh fruit cup and rye toast. I got a very small cup of cantaloupe and 1 piece of toast. I mean, really? One slice of bread? Couldn't even get a cup of tea as they only had Lipton's. How hard is it to offer one cup of herbal tea?
My husband enjoyed his dish of eggs, biscuits and gravy.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stopped in for dinner because it was close to where we were staying, and went back for breakfast because of the food and service.Try the BST(bacon, spinach and fried green tomatoes) on sourdough bread, one of the many you can choose from. Make sure you save room for dessert because the Key Lime pie and the Pumpkin Spice cheesecake are the best I've ever had. Great service in a busy restaurant, and you feel like a friend the minute you walk in.

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

We've been going to Trips for breakfast regularly for months now. We love it! Food and service are excellent!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I identify as Southern (that's with a capital S, y'all), so when I heard a rumor that the grits at Trip's were amazing, I had to check it out. Short story: They are. Perfect consistency, texture-- probably because they're stone mill ground and slow cooked, just a hypothesis. Add to that delicious bacon, fluffy eggs and a pretty good quality cup of joe, and I'm a happy camper. Oh, and the waitstaff is quick and friendly, atmosphere and decor cute and clean, and the prices are low. Jackpot!

1  Thank Godlight