Hampton Inn and Suites St. Petersburg Downtown
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$110
  • Restaurant
US$189
US$170
Hilton.com
The Inn on Third(St. Petersburg)(Great Value!)
US$106
  • Restaurant
US$191
Travelocity
1,139 results
All reviewsgreat locationvalet parkingyacht clubbeach drivedali museumvalet servicehappy hourst peteper dayvery nice hoteltwo blocksnice poolyogurttropicana fieldrays gamepetersburgkarl
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I would completely 100% recommend someone to stay at the St. Pete Hampton. The location is great, the service of the check-in desk, and valet was wonderful - they were friendly and ever so helpful! The rooms were extremely clean and I also loved the continental breakfast- what a great selection!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Andrew H, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

'm very happy to hear that our location worked out so well for you. It's hard to get an idea about how good our location is if you've never been to the city before. That's why I love seeing reviews like this on here, because our website can tell you about our location. However, seeing reviews from other travelers is nice because you can really get a good idea of what to expect. Also, I wanted to thank you for the compliments about our staff. Every member of our team gives 110% everyday, and its always nice to see that reflected on our guests reviews. I hope you had a safe trip home!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

From the moment I met with the young lady at the front desk, Brittany, I was handled as if I were the most important member of society. Even though I had to make adjustments, there were no problems that she couldn't handle.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the feedback. We strive for the best customer service and an unexpected attention to detail which I believe makes us the quality hotel that we are. I hope we have the chance to have you as our guest again in the future!

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night while we were attending a concert in downtown St Pete. Check in was quick and we got a corner room which was very large and had a view toward the bay. The only parking option is valet but it was quick and easy. The managers cocktail hour which is three hours was very nice and the breakfast also had a great selection. I would love to stay at this hotel for business. It is within walking distance to a ton of restaurants and bars. I would happily return.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

I appreciate the kind words and for letting everyone know your choice for a hotel in St. Petersburg. I would just like to say, our hotel is my favorite Hampton Inn as well. Granted, I'm a little biased, I think its the best deal in the city. First class staff, great rooms with comfy beds, a great location, and all for a price lower than the competition make us something special. Hopefully we get to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 February 2014

As I started planning our trip to see the father of surrealism, eat some great food and bask in the warmth of the Florida sun, finding a hotel became a challenge. First, this time of year is very busy due to the snowbirds, with money to burn, coming south from Minneapolis, Newark and Buffalo to enjoy spring baseball and great weather. People from that part of the country are a demanding lot and tend to play a significant role in the cultural clash between know it all "Yankees" and people who just don't get in much of a hurry. One guest in the lobby of our hotel could not understand why the parking valet did not automatically take his one bag to his room. Kind of pushy and kind of a pain. As Georgia native Lewis Grizzard, the author of such classics as "Elvis is Dead and I'm Not Feelin' Too Good Myself" said - "We don't mind you eating our food or dating our women, we just don't wanna to know how you do it in Cleveland". Second, while Saint Pete is a beautiful small city, complete with repurposed buildings of many vintages, many green spaces and parks and numerous great restaurants, it's selection of hotels leaves a bit to be desired. My original plan was to stay in the renovated Vinoy, a Mediterranean Revival hotel originally built in 1925 and completely renovated in the 1990's for the princely sum of $93 million. It is now a Marriott property. However, when I went to check for reservations, I was stunned at the price of $369 per night. As a true vagabond and lover of small hotels, I just couldn't bring myself to pay that much for a room at a Marriott. So, I kept looking and found a much more reasonable room at - close your ears - the Downtown Hampton Inn. That's right, this blogger of all things great and small in hotels - this loather of chains - actually stayed in the Hampton Inn on Beach Boulevard in little ole Saint Pete. Before you say shame on me, consider this - the Hampton is Trip Advisor's No. 1 rated hotel in Saint Pete. In addition, it is in a great location with 40-50 restaurants within easy walking distance and, with 92 rooms, it has all the things you expect in a high quality, small hotel. A decent, well outfitted lobby greets guests. Our room boasted a nice subtle interior color scheme, an ample sitting area with a small couch and easy chair, a small in-room bar with sink and fridge, a great bed and a balcony to enjoy the weather. The staff was excellent and the price was not earth shattering. One exception - chain food is chain food. We just couldn't bring ourselves to chow down on the corporate microwaved munchies at breakfast. The Nomad Architect

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay at Hampton Inn & Suites. I’m glad that you had a positive experience while staying with us and that you had the opportunity to visit the Dali while in the area. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

This Hampton Inn is run more like a standard city hotel than what I'm used to at a Hampton Inn... and that is a positive in this case. The hotel is located in the waterfront, downtown area of St. Petersburg right along restaurant row. It is a great location for walking and see the downtown attractions of the city. It is very close to the Dali Museum, the Chihouly Museum, Holocast Museum and several of the entertainment venues. There is a waterfront park, a yacht club, and a couple of marinas directly across the street from the hotel. It's just convenient to everything in the downtown area.

The hotel is very well appointed inside and out, but it does not have any grounds. It is basically a city hotel that takes up about 2/3 of a complete city block... sidewalks and streets all around. The entrance to the hotel is on a side street which is a plus because of the amount of car and pedestrian traffic on the other adjacent streets. The lobby is on the small side but well kept and decorated. It also has a nice sized breakfast area. The interior layout of the rooms and hallways is different from most Hamptons but in a positive way... it was more upscale than most Hamptons in my opinion.

On arrival I was acknowledge immediately as a gold Hilton Honors member and then we were given a room upgrade without asking. We requested a quiet room on our reservation. The desk clerk assured me that the room he gave us was one of the most quiet in the hotel, but it did not have a view. It turned out that the room was very large...about the size of a suite in most other hotels and well appointed. It was on the top floor of the hotel (the hotel has just 4 floors). As mentioned, there was no view. The windows opened onto the back of another hotel. However, that was fine as it turned out to be quiet and that was what we wanted. We stayed there on the first Friday of February and St. Petersburg has a First Friday evening once per month with a block party type atmosphere in the downtown area so we were expecting a lot of noise. You may see some references to this in other reviews. Fortunately or unfortunately depending on your viewpoint, it was raining that evening and on the chilly side so there was no street entertainment that night and I think that the Friday night street traffic for the restaurants was probably greatly reduced because of the weather. That made the room very quiet for the night. However, even with the rain and cool temperatures, most restaurants were fairly crowded when we went out for dinner at 7PM. We were easily able to walk to everything we wanted to see. The St. Petersburg Trolley Downtown Looper (costs 50 cents; 25 cents for seniors per trip) stops right at the Hampton and it is well worth the trip to get acquainted with the downtown area. The driver gives you a narration about the city while making the rounds. You can also take it to key locations in the downtown area if you don't want to walk. It runs daytime and well into the evening.

The Hampton Inn charges more than your typical Hampton, but because of its location, it is worth the extra money for a night or two. The one definite drawback about the hotel is the parking. There are a couple of unloading spots at the front door where you can park for about 15 minutes. For overnight, the hotel has valet parking only. The building just doesn't have the room to allow self-parking so they try to manage it the best they can. They do charge $14/night which I thought was high given the price of a room. There are two public garages that are diagonally across from the hotel. We used the Bay Walk--Mid-Core Garage (entrance at 117 2nd St. North). You can self park there overnight for $6 and they allow you to park there for up to 3 days. You can exit and re-enter as you \wish but you have to pay a parking fee (per hour) every time you exit. It is in a safe area of the city so there were no issues in terms of leaving our car in the garage. We found it slightly less convenient than the valet service but it worked out fine for us.

The staff at the hotel did tended to be on the young side, but they were polite, attentive and were helpful as well as courteous. We had a great stay and would recommend the hotel for first time visitors to the city. However, if there is an event happening downtown and the weather is good, I think that it could be noisy at night particularly on the weekends. However, the night of our stay, it was quite peaceful.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for room 410 but there is no view. If you want a view as for a corner room facing the park (there are three of those) but you will probably get some street noise as a result.
1  Thank OldeBlueHen

Thank you for taking time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure to receive your comments and to learn you found our hotel to be excellent with luxury and convenience. We have a long and hard earned reputation for guest satisfaction and it is always good to hear that our hotel is meeting the expectations of our guests. We look forward to seeing you if your travels ever bring you back to downtown St. Petersburg!