“Derby Lane”
Review of Derby Lane

Derby Lane
Ranked #21 of 130 things to do in St. Petersburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Historic Derby Lane, the St. Petersburg Kennel Club, is the oldest continuously operating greyhound track in the world. We offer year-round greyhound racing with Matinees at 12:30pm and Evening performances at 7:30pm. Visit our website for our current Racing schedule. The Derby Lane Poker Room offers Live Action and Tournament play Monday through Thursday from 9am-3am, and 24 hours on weekends. We have many restaurants for you to enjoy some of the best food in St. Pete, including our famous buffet in Circa 1925. We also offer simulcast racing. Stop by for lunch and catch your favorite Thoroughbred or Harness race. You can even watch and wager on a Jai Alai game.
Clearwater, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Derby Lane”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Pleasant way to spend a few hours in A/C as a spectator. Free parking and admission. The buffet was better than I expected. Wagered on a few races and actually came out ahead!

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Jenny N

St. Petersburg, Florida
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“The dogggsss lol”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Well derby lane is getting old and when you are making as much money as they are with now having poker. It could use a paint job

Visited September 2013
Boston
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“play cards or the dogs, eat too!”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

if youra greyhound racing fan this is probably one of the better places to visit. Modern facility with poker rooms separate from the racing. Plan on taking in the buffet in the clubhouse when its offered. If you do the buffet get there early so you can get the freshest food.

1 Thank kenkle
Lakeland, Florida
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Derby lane dog races”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Never been to the dog races. The dogs remind you of thoroughbred horses they are so well muscled and lean. They really wanted that mechanical rabbit. The handlers seem to like their dogs. I was concerned with that. The races (15) come fast so you need to bet quickly. I only bet $2 each race and was lucky. It is clean but some patrons seemed too intense. Smoking is allowed on main area so be prepared. Lots of persons who needed mobility assistance were there so it was a fun day they could enjoy. Food at concession was bowling alley fare, basic dogs burgers. But the French fries were good. Didn't go up to the buffets or enclosed viewing. Lots of free parking

Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Quiet, but entertaining”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Thinking of those poor dogs living for only one purpose, race, makes me sad. But, I'm glad there are foundations to give a second life to these dogs. I went on a Tuesday night, there was not a lot of people. The staff was nice, they took the time to explain us how to bid and how it works. The place is not as big as I imagined. I had fun, and got some excitement out of it. Although I stayed only for 5 races, and lost a few bucks, I had a very good time.