“Best kept secret”
Review of Derby Lane

Derby Lane
Ranked #22 of 127 things to do in St. Petersburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Historic Derby Lane, the St. Petersburg Kennel Club, is the oldest continuously operating greyhound track in the world. We offer year-round greyhound racing with Matinees at 12:30pm and Evening performances at 7:30pm. Visit our website for our current Racing schedule. The Derby Lane Poker Room offers Live Action and Tournament play Monday through Thursday from 9am-3am, and 24 hours on weekends. We have many restaurants for you to enjoy some of the best food in St. Pete, including our famous buffet in Circa 1925. We also offer simulcast racing. Stop by for lunch and catch your favorite Thoroughbred or Harness race. You can even watch and wager on a Jai Alai game.
Tampa, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Best kept secret”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have enjoyed the buffet on Fridays and Saturdays several times after a friend introduced me to the all you can eat crab legs. Additionally, the soups; large salad bar; array of side dishes and the other great entrees offered make this a great evening out. Try the Crème Brulee too!!

1 Thank Renee B
DerbyLaneFL, Web & Social Media Coordinator at Derby Lane, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Hi, Renee! Thank you for the compliments! Even though I am here 5 days a week, you can catch me at the buffet on my day off! It really is the best tasting deal in town!
Hope to see you again soon!
Web & Social Media Coordinator

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fun to Watch”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

My 1st time at a dog race. It was a lot of fun watching them race. I was surprised at how fast they can run. Our 8 yr old loves cheering for the # 4 dogs in each race.

Hi there, Sharon!
I am so glad your first race was here at Derby Lane, the World's Oldest Greyhound Track. Most people don't realize children are allowed, or that they would enjoy watching these athletes wizz past you! I am glad you had fun, and I really hope the #4 dog came in for your 8 year old.
Winter Garden, Florida
192 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 176 helpful votes
“Love The Poker Room”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Usually go to the other place, decided to give this a shot. Really, really liked it, not all of the hustle and bustle of the other poker room in Tampa. Employees very friendly, the servers were very, very nice, had both cash games and tournaments.

Free parking, easy access to the poker room, could even bet on the dogs if you wanted to. Definitely will be back, looking forward to the next visit.

Manchester, Pennsylvania
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Clean and taken care of.”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I own two greyhounds and enjoyed watching the greys run the rails. How awesome and beautiful they are. The grounds seem clean and taken care of. The buffet food was delicious, but I don't eat enough to get my money's worth.

Visited June 2014
DerbyLaneFL, Web & Social Media Coordinator at Derby Lane, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for the compliments, Colleen!
It is very easy to fill up fast on the buffet.
Come back and visit us soon!
Web & Social Media Coordinator
Orlando, Florida
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Poker and Dog Racing”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is a nice dog track, nicer than most. I come for the poker and I have found the tournaments and the cash game worthwhile. The ambiance is nicer than the average Florida poker room. There are closer poker rooms to my house, but they aren't as nice as this one.

Visited May 2014