Hollander Hotel
US$116
US$198
US$170
1,517 results
All reviewsfront porchcoffee shoproom restaurantcraft beerpool barwood floorsgreat bardowntown stcharming hotelking suitegreat boutiquechain hotelst petebeautiful poolbottled waterbreakfast buffetfirst floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Yes, it's an old hotel in an older "inner city" area but they have done a great job making it homey and comfortable. We ate multiple meals in the restaurant and only one wasn't great (it was the regular cooks day off). Drinks are priced right. Try out Martini Mondays. .. $5. Also Tuesday for $3. Craft beers. Ideal location for attending a Rays game or in our case, our grandson's graduation.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The employees were knowledgeable, considerate,personable and accommodating. The rooms, clean and comfortable. Bar and restaurant exceeded expectations. I highly recommend this hotel
Walking distance to downtown St. Petersburg, but if u choose, there is a tram that runs from 6PM to 11PM. Free convenient parking. I love boutique hotels.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank lms2162A
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The hotel is great. It's in a great location (4-5 blocks from the beach, 15-20 min walk). The downtown area with all of the bars and restaurants is also within a 15-20 walk. The hotel itself is really neat. It has an old school vibe with some of the pictures on the wall and some of the furniture. The lobby is nice with cool decorations all around. The outside patio is great for hanging out, listening to music, having drinks and even eating breakfast, lunch or dinner. On Saturdays and Sundays, they have a breakfast buffet for $10, which is unbeatable. Good music being played and ample space in the dining room or if you want to sit outside.

We checked in around 11:30pm and Matt, the overnight guy, was super nice and cordial. He gave us some good information of the surrounding area and where to go for drinks, etc. The room was fine for what it is. I did like that it had a microwave and a mini fridge. Great sleep. No outside noises to bother us. There's no hotel phone in the room but they do give you a phone number to ring the front desk if you need anything. Not a big deal. We only called once to request a late checkout (which they gave us).

The staff was friendly and attentive. My gf had a bad headache and I asked about a store so I can buy Tylenol or something. The FD clerk instead gave me two Advils so my gf was def pleased. I also had to print out some passes and the clerk allowed me to use the computer at the FD.

Overall great place to stay for the money. We paid avg of $110/night so no complaints here.
Also, the bar had a great selection of beer. 21 taps to choose from. awesome!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank willieg313
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed only one night, and I was thankful that it was only one. The lobby and first floor of the hotel is charming and I really enjoyed the quirky decor. It had that cool funky hipster vibe, but with authenticity instead of attitude. The attached coffee shop is great, and like others mentioned - Jeremy was attentive and accommodating. The desserts are as good as they look! I enjoyed sitting in the cafe and reading magazines while cooling off from the heat outside. The restaurant in the hotel was also great, and coming from a city like DC, a great deal I had a full breakfast (2 eggs, sausage, potatoes, eggs) for only $5! It was very tasty too. I'm hard pressed to find a breakfast as good for less than $10 in my area.

When the best things you can remember about a hotel stay are the restaurant and cafe, there might be a problem. Upon arriving in our room, it was easy to see where quality was lacking. I can't figure out how this hotel qualifies as a 3 star, when the room quality is about what I would expect from an economy hotel (days inn, motel 6). The overall cleanliness of the room left a lot to be desired. The bathroom especially was cramped and dirty. Hair on the floor and walls. Red mildew on the bathtub liner. The worst was when I went to dry off with a bath towel and found long hairs all over it. I had to stand there, shaking and picking off the hair from both of the towels. Disgusting. I couldn't call room service to send up more towels because the rooms don't have phones and I could not find the paper they had given to call their front desk. Although the bed was comfortable enough, I also found a few hairs on the bed and noticed yellowed pillows peeking through the pillow cases. If we were staying for more than the one night, I would have changed rooms or possibly gone to another hotel.

Location-wise, the hotel was convenient enough. When we arrived, I noticed a drunk man stumbling across the street towards the hotel even though it was only mid-afternoon during the week. I also noticed a sketchy character smoking near the parking lot and a few others in the park nearby. I don't think I would walk around by myself in the area during the off-hours. However, the shops and boutiques and waterfront were only a short walk from the hotel, about five minutes. The front desk was very helpful and gave us a map and pointed us in the right direction. There are a lot of beautiful, historic and architecturally interesting buildings all around St. Petersburg and an eclectic group of shops and cafes.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor, as the floors tend to creak.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TravelingHSP
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Hollander was recommended to my wife and I by a friend (another Trip Advisor). The staff could not have been friendlier or attentive. The room was very clean - a wonderful boutique hotel. The restaurant serves excellent food at an affordable price. The hotel is within walking distance to the many shops and restaurants in downtown St. Pete.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple