“Awesome hotel!! Built in 1933....”
Review of Hollander Hotel

Hollander Hotel
Ranked #2 of 43 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I can not think of one negative thing about this hotel! The staff was very plesant and helpful, the bed was comfy, the rooms nice, the food in the bar/restaurant good and not to pricey. The best thing? They offer free shuttle service to the Tropicana Dome for the ball games! We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Nick H, General Manager at Hollander Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us and for the nice words about our Hotel..
We really enjoyed having you to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you back
very soon.. By this time next year we should have a nice, large swimming pool for you
to enjoy..

Nick H

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed at this Hotel during a business trip. The hotel is Located right near the heart of scenic Downtown St Petersburg, and is a short distance from St Petersburg attractions such as Tropicana Field home of the Tampa Bay Rays.

The hotel has been renovated and they did a wonderful job.

Others have stated it was loud, and it does have the normal pops and creaks like any classic place would, however we had no issues with noise. We stayed on the 2nd floor so that might have had something to do with it, but the Restaurant / Bar area was packed and we heard nothing while in our room. Speaking of the Restaurant, the Tap Room Located in the lobby area has a great line up of food, drink, and yes even dessert to satisfy.

If you're looking for a cookie-cutter national chain, this isn't for you. However if you're looking for a friendly, warm, clean, delightful place to stay that is close to downtown St. Petersburg, the Hollander is for you.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My girlfriend and I travelled in amny countries and we staid in hundreds of Hotels around the world but at the Hollander we had the worst experience ever had.
After the first night, from the luggage of my girlfriend disappeared 2 rings (one of them was a famous brand with high value) and a make-up case.
This is a terrible fact but unfortunately things like this can happen in bad places and we made a mistake to leave them in the room; the worst thing is that we explained the fact to the personnel and we have been threated in a very arrogant and unprofessional way.
We asked to check the video of the cameras on the corridors but we received a negative answer, then we have been threated not to call the police otherwise we'd been forced to leave the hotel immediately and to be obliged to go to a court in the future months.
At the end we left the hotel very disappointed and pained; for the fact but moreover from the "ambiguous" behaviour of the personnel. Instead of trusting on their guests and giving support, they threat them.
We told them that we'd have put a negative feedback on tripadvisor but the reply was that thay don't care.
We asked in dowtown and it seems that actually the reputation of this hotel is getting worst and worst in the recent period.
The towels in the rooms were dirty.
Avoid this hotel.

2  Thank levcolus
Nick H, General Manager at Hollander Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

We are sorry for your misfortune, As the General Manager I addressed the situation personally .
When you first brought this to my attention. Levcolus and your girlfriend were not sure you had even had the rings with you upon you check in, She actually named 3 other places that they could of been left. I took care of your breakfast while I viewed the camera's per your request.
No one entered your room that morning except for your housekeeper to make up your room. She has been with us from day one and we have never had ANY problems. My Staff and myself are always concerned 190% about ALL our guests and their experience with us.. I do hope you find your ring and I wish you the best..

Sincerely, Nick

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I didn't actually stay at the Hollander because I live in St. Pete, but happened to attend an afternoon writers' group there. This is a hidden gem, possibly even moreso for locals who need an hour or two of easy charm with snacks, wine/beer, and coffee! Easy parking, eclectic lobby/bar with an amazing craft beer list (on a big chalk board), a delectable selection of bakery items and espresso. If needed, I would have guests stay at the Hollander, but even if they stay with me, I shall be sure to take them there for lunch or a cup of pleasant ambiance.

Room Tip: I didn't actually stay here, but would like to. My take on it is that it is a charming, well sto...
Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mimi A
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I will say it again..charming... What a pleasant surprise in downtown St Petersburg. Historic building, just beautiful! Close to the Central shopping distict where you will find antiques and eclectic stores. Walking distance to the water and Tropicana field. The restaurant/ bar had good food at a great price, craft beers and outstanding drinks made the right way. Will definitely go back!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Hollander Hotel. Room was better than expected, considering it's an older hotel. Renovated in last few years, quiet room with ceiling fan, microwave and fridge. Lack of counter space in bathroom and noisy hallways (or rude guests) are a minus. Very helpful, courteous staff. Overall clean room....did notice a few hairs in tub and drain and dirt around baseboard of dresser. We were going to games at Tropicana Field and booked because of the free shuttle. The shuttle doesn't run if raining and the line was too long after the game (people in line said it had been at lest 20 mins. since last shuttle left) so we wound up walking 1.7 miles back to hotel. I wouldn't book solely on convenience of shuttle so keep that in mind. Restaurant food tasty, especially Cuban pork quesadilla. We had it twice! Breakfast buffet was treat for $10. Really enjoyed the Sangria. Lobby area very interesting. Lively bar scene on weekend. I quickly understood why others suggested asking for quiet room (and was granted one upon request). Hotel is "L-shaped" and some rooms are directly over bar area. We were given 3rd floor (so no walking above us) Room 318 in wing away from bar. Would definitely recommend and stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room on 3rd floor.
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had a wonderful stay at the Hollander. It's charm and unique decor are one of the things that made our stay so great. The location to Tropicana stadium 1.5 miles made for an enjoyable walk as well as to the Delhi museum. The service is among the best I've had any where. The only thing that lacked was an iron in the room or a phone but that doesn't really matter. The meals in the restaurant are outstanding our server Dean was great. Looking forward to our next trip down here. Thank you....

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple