“Casual Dining”

Casual Clam
Ranked #155 of 935 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Not fancy but wonderful food. New England clam chowder had clams!!! Steamed mussels were among the largest I ever had and were tasty. The died clams and shrimp were made to perfection

Reviewed 8 January 2014

If you're looking for a little table for two in a romantic, candle lit setting this probably isn't your place. If you're looking for a great seafood lunch or dinner at a reasonable price...this is your place! I had the shrimp basket with a side of cole slaw. The basket had a very nice amount of shrimp, lightly battered and tasty, and the slaw was excellent. Our waitress was attentive, professional and friendly. This is a great little spot and I will return!

1  Thank grhagan
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We have been going to the Casual Clam for many years. Can't imagine why I never thought to write a review, I guess we just naturally go there when we return to St Pete - the car automatically goes there and we follow.
EVERYTHING is great there - well, we only order the seafood and it has never disappointed us.
I a creture of habit ALWAYS get the crab cakes. And an order fo hush puppies. My other half usually gets a shrimp basket. He shares his coleslaw which is the best, and I share my huspuppies.
That crab cakes are nice size and FULL of crab NOT FILLER :-) He a shrimp lover, is always more than happy with his choice - plenty of nice size, perfectly cooked shrimp.

They serve beer and alcohol. They have a nice breezy outdoor dining are or you can sit inside in the AC. They have tvs if you want to catch the Bucs, Rays, or maybe some other sport.

But don't you all go there at the same time - we want our seat at the bar!

Reviewed 1 September 2013

We heard this place serves authentic New England seafood, especially clam chowder. Well, it doesn't measure up to any of the places in New England I have enjoyed. The atmosphere is casual, the service was good, but I found the offerings to be not so tasty. The clam chowder was a variant from any I've had--somewhat darker and with large chunks of new potatoes. Variations can be intriguing, but this just didn't leave me wanting it again.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Casual Clam is a small place with excellent fresh seafood. The menu is large enough for variety, but small enough to allow them to all things well. Service is always good, and the shrimp basket is a wonderful staple! Clam chowder is really good! Try the Larry's batter!!

1  Thank jjgaskins