“Do not eat here!!!”

Casual Clam
Ranked #149 of 923 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I ate here the other night. We ordered clam chowder,the best part of the meal! I ordered the crab patties,they were the worst ever, sour tasting. My husband ordered the fettucine with shrimp, he couldn't even eat it. To top it off my silverware was dirty. They did take the fettucine off the bill. I definitely will not go back and I will not recommend this place to anyone!

1  Thank Lala2888

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I am in the processing of moving back to St. Pete after being gone 15 years. Casual Clam was always a favorite from years ago and am glad to see it is still in existence and has not digressed from the formula that made it successful: great food, fresh food, reasonable prices and good service.

Friends visiting from Germany and I had dinner there last night. I ordered the sweet potato chips as an appetizer for us to share. I think it was only $6.00 and the portion was huge, so much that four people could have shared it. Although three of us had no problem finishing. They were delicious and served with a generous portion of crumbled blue cheese.

My friends had fish sandwiches which were very large and nicely prepared. I love sea scallops and have tried cooking them at home on the grill, in the broiler and even in a cast iron skillet but can never get that consistency of charred, crispy on the outside yet not overcooked on the inside. So I ordered the sea scallop dinner blackened. They came out to perfection and I was surprised at the large number of scallops on the plate. The dinner was $24, which included 2 sides, so the price was not bad considering what sea scallops sell for per pound at the fish market.

Whether you are a visitor or a local, I would definitely recommend The Casual Clam. In keeping with its name, the place is VERY casual. Small indoor air conditioned dining room, very basic, nothing fancy. Outdoor seating plus they have a full bar; not just beer and wine. So go in your shorts and t-shirt and enjoy the Casual Clam in a casual Florida atmosphere.

1  Thank William W
Reviewed 10 May 2014

My lobster roll was a 4. Cousin had fried clams with bellies - best ever in Florida. That is saying a lot for almost 4 decades of living in FL. Oh my! The massive amount of clams, yet reasonable prices. My cousins are returning next week. Already know what they want. I could get lobster roll without Mayo.
I spoke to owner. They have Jet Blue fly in seafood fresh. Husband picks it up.
Next week is steamers, my lobster roll, and fried clams for their friend. Three other families are anxious to try.
Server was very attentive. This is small wonderful place. I hope you enjoy.

2  Thank Nancy K
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

So much for our 20th Anniversary Dinner!! We got the Fisherman's Platter which my husband and I decided to share as it said it would be enough for 2 people.
Fish tasted ok, so did the scallops and shrimp and oyster..... Apparently my husband swears it was the whole bellied fried clams that did it because I didn't get sick and that's the only item I didn't eat but he did. We shared same tarter and cocktail sauce so.... We had booked in advance a camping trip for 2 days but thanks to this place it had to be cut short as we just about had to call 911 from our campsite!
Please avoid this dump at all cost.

5  Thank Kim T
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This was our 3rd. visit to the restaurant and it was as good as the first. Fresh seafood fixed perfectly, great hushpuppys and other fixens. The only downside is the number of seats, you can't bring very many friends with you, maybe that is a plus who knows...
It sure beats Red Lobster.