“For a Marriott property, I expect much better service.”

Marchand's Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Marchand's Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 894 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Beach Drive
Description: Featuring award-winning American cuisine with a Floribean flair. Join us for our Sunday Brunch from 10am - 2pm. Our downtown St. Petersburg, FL restaurant’s menu features fresh seafood, braised meats, seasonal fruit and pastries.
“For a Marriott property, I expect much better service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at the Vinoy several times and always enjoy the property. Drinks on the porch and in the lobby are always enjoyable. The one place that is not a typical experience for a Marriott property is Marchands. We ate one breakfast and Sunday brunch and both times, from the greeting upon entering to the service while there were not Marriott-grade. With so many good restaurants downtown, I hope that management will turn things around and improve upon what can be a very beautiful, tasty experience.

• Visited September 2013

Tampa, Florida
“AMAZING brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

This was my second trip to Marchand's Bar & Grill and I left overly impressed and very full. Marchand's recently took their award winning brunch buffet and turned it into an amazing menu, where you can order A Lá Carte or pick 3 items For $32 (two entrees and one dessert). Amazing food, live music and a perfect atmosphere, you cannot ask for more - Marchand's is a must visit for brunch in the bay area.

Marchand's offers a 'Build your perfect' Bloody Mary bar for $9, a bottomless mimosa bar for $7 or a bottomless bellini bar for $8. The bloody mary bar was unlike any I have ever seen, offering homemade spicy and regular mixers and a topping bar that would make any southern girl squeal: Pickled Green Beans, Pickled asparagus, Pickled Okra, Onion, Salami, Giardiniera, Green Tomato, Horseradish, Goat Cheese Stuffed Olives, Feta Stuffed Peppadew, House cured Beef Jerky, Shrimp, Peppered Smoked Bacon, Provolone, Mozzarella, Assorted Spices & Hot Sauce. WOW.

After we had our libations in hand, we were presented a tray of pastry's. I am generally not a pastry lover but good lord, this was good stuff. A jumbo pecan sticky bun and Monkey Bread were both presented in a staub skillet (that presentation always makes me very happy). We also had coffee cake and warm cinnamon donuts. This non-pastry person will go out on a limb and say I will order the Monkey Bread or Jumbo Sticky Bun on my next trip. You made a pastry believer out of me.

For the entrees, my favorite dish of the day was the EGGS IN A JAR - Anson Mills Lil Moo Cheese Grits, Poached Eggs Corn Meal Fried Rock Shrimp, Roasted Chili Hollandaise. Every bite of this dish was perfect. Since it was served in a jar, you were able to get the right amount of egg, yolk, shrimp, grits and cheese.

Up next was CRISPY MAPLE CURED PORK BELLY with Parmesan Fried Egg and Roasted Corn Grits. These grits had such a great texture combined with the corn. The maple cured pork belly is something I could eat everyday and that egg was so creative. I loved this dish.

After seeing Marchand's new menu, one item stood out to me above all else. HOUSE BRINED CORNED BEEF HASH topped with Fried Duck Eggs & Heirloom Potatoes. Corned beef is my ultimate weakness when it comes to breakfast. I generally make up my own meal if it is on the menu. I create my own eggs benedict with a side of corned beef, topped with two poached eggs and hollandaise. Bring a duck egg into the mix and you have my attention! This corned beef was off the charts incredible and I am hoping Marchand's has a St. Patricks Day dinner next Spring - if so, I will be front and center.

Speaking of eggs benedict, another dish that grabbed my attention from the start was RED WINE POACHED EGG, La Quercia Prosciutto, Sourdough, Béarnaise Sauce. There were so many great things going on with this dish, from the perfect poached purple egg to the prosciutto.

Another hit at the table was the QUICHE, made with Lump Crab, Roasted Pepper sauce, Charred Leek, Lil Moo Cheese. This quiche was full of flavor, the lump crab was the perfect amount. It was like a lump crab cake and a quiche had a baby.

And finally, as my fiance would say, you cannot have brunch without French Toast. RHUBARB FRENCH TOAST, Oranges, Candied Almonds, Mascarpone, Bacon. This particular dish was a little too sweet for me but if Gabe was with me, I know he would devour it.

At this point, I was considering how one would expect me to stand up and leave the restaurant. I needed a wheelbarrow. And then the desserts came out. Up first was a Lemonade Cake with Candied Lemon and blueberries. This was my type of dessert - not too sweet and light, perfectly delicious.

The Smore’s Cheesecake was one item I couldn't leave without trying, a Milk Chocolate Cheesecake, Graham Cracker Crust and roasted marshmallows.

We received another item served in a jar! Blackberry Cobbler with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.

That my friends was a very delicious brunch and I cannot wait to return. I know one thing is certain, I will be dining at Marchand's Bar and Grill following the Womens Half Marathon Series in St. Pete on November 24. That will be my special treat for running one full marathon and two half marathons during the month of Nov!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Megan W
“Overpriced average food - pretend to be a good restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Bad experience. Misleaded by travel guide (fodor's), the vinoy hotel prestige (nice place), and laudatory (true ?) reviews. "Rewarded restaurant" ? Food is pricey - quality average. Service not friendly. Nearly empty restaurant. Avoid chief selection.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank jbspirou
Sarasota, Florida
“Amazing French Toast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

Ok, one should not get so excited over French Toast, but the breakfast we had at Marchand's was existential.
We were staying at the Vinoy on a package which included breakfast. We went into Marchand's looked at the very creative menu and decided on plain pancakes. Our wonderful waiter implored us to try their signature French Toast. He was so passionate that we went along with it.
It was the most delicious breakfast treat that I can remember having. He said it had a touch of tequila in it. Ya mon!
We're staying there again this week. I know what I'm having for breakfast.

• Visited July 2013
Sarasota, Florida, Usa
“It's a resort....what do you expect?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Marchand's had been moved to what used to be Fred's at the Vinoy. We were there off-season, so we got excellent service both at the bar and the tableside. The bartender's didn't know how to make a "Sea Breeze", but seemed to have scotch rocks down pretty well. The pour a hefty drink, and for the price, they should.
Dinner was OK. Not wonderful, not where you would go for your last meal, but OK. We're used to 5-star and 4-star restaurants, and this doesn't qualify. The food was pricey, well prepared, edible, and tasty, but not something you would recommend for $60/plate by the time you get some coffee and a little desert.
We had the sea bass special. Again. Good stuff, but not awe-inspiring.

• Visited July 2013