“Mansion House”

The Mansion House Inn
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Wonderful home away from home with Carmen. Received a personal Spanish - American breakfast every morning. She was always smiling and being positive. The Mansion is 5 minutes from the restaurants and the wonderful waterfront

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PTerblanche

Reviewed 1 June 2014

February,2014. The reservation was for a queen bed. We had two twin beds put together. The bed was not level because one mattress was firm and the other very soft. The bed linen dirty with makeup all over sheets. Manager did not explain the restrictions/rules or parking. The first day we received a parking ticket. The manager refused to pay it. Terrible breakfast microwaved bacon and eggs, toast hard and cold. Maid service inconsistent. Rooms uncomfortable very little furniture. Parking difficult. Patio/pool area dirty. Staff childish. We have stayed in BB's before but Mansion House very disappointing.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank bill c
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We had reservations with Mansion House's sister property The Ponce Deleon and were told upon arrival they had overbooked. while we could stay at the Ponce, they told us we could stay at Mansion House and they had a room ready for us. We took the opportunity and could not have been happier.
The proprietor, Carmen Garcia, was gracious and accommodating. The room was clean and well appointed. the pool was relaxing and Carmen offered breakfast at an earlier time than usual if we desired it. we did not, and left early both mornings of our stay and did not have breakfast. The dining room did look inviting. We slept well, woke refreshed and left happy. It was an excellent adventure.

Room Tip: The A/C worked so well you needed the blanket on the bed.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Larry T
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We had a brilliant time at The Mansion House.
It's a lovely old building just 5 minutes walk from the Bay area and nightlife.
The service is fantastic.
The wonderful Carmen was always giving us tips on things to do. Her smiley face everyday was such a joy.
Breakfast time was great. Something different every day.
We don't like to stay in faceless chain hotels when we go away, and this is the total opposite.
It felt like we were staying with friends!
The housekeeping was great.
The lovely swimming pool just perfect.
The owner popped by one day, and he was very friendly and nice.
As it is an old building, it's only to be expected that there was the occasional squeaky floorboard, and not too many electric sockets in the room, but that was the only downside.
The room was freshly decorated, with a modern bathroom.
I highly recommend this really individual place.
I was nearly in tears saying goodbye.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We were very fortunate to have their last room available on a busy weekend due a triathlon event.
Their staff made us feel very at home, showing us the room and the premises before we decided to stay.
Our room was very clean, the bed super comfortable and the shower perfect.
The breakfast was a very nice treat! Eggs, bacon, toast, coffee, juice, milk, and some more, all cooked to order, very fresh.
Besides the fact the Inn itself was very charming and neat, what made our stay special there was the staff, mainly Carmen.
We participate on this triathlon race every year, and next year, we will surely stay there!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Reservations made 9 months in advance 7/2013 for a stay 4/2014. We chose to stay at the B&B because it advertised a larger american breakfast for and additional $5.00. Upon arrival on Friday, my husband and I were not given a tour of the property, nor were we told of any rules/restristions. We were simply taken to our room and given two key. The lady who anwered the phone and the same lady who took us to our room told us she was the manager. When I ask her what time breakfast would be she stated "We do not know yet, we have not figured it out yet, I will call you." When we returned back from the Festival on Friday Evening this so called manager told us there would be no breakfast. She stated that the owner decided to not serve breakfast any longer. I fell out in front of the house on their side walk on Friday evening. The gate between the two properties was locked so I went through the yard and I tripped over bricks on the side of the sidewalk. I also told her I fell and need to log an accident report, the was not happy and went back inside. On Saturday morning we were sitting by the pool, oh by the way the pool was dirty, it was not clean at all. No to mention the hot tub. This so called manager passed through the pool area, she did not speak, i spoke to her with a "good morning. How are you this morning. She reciprated when I told her I was pretty sore from the fall, she said oh yes. How did it happed, so I told her and all she kept saying was why did you not go to the front door, and i kept telling her I did. She kept repeating the same thing why did you not go to the front door.... my husband then spoke up and told her she was not listing. She left and returned with the Owner who ask us why we were yelling at the house keeper. I told him, she told us she was the manager, he stated that anyone could say that. It was just a terrible experience. The owner would not take any responsibility for no breakfast. We had reservation 9 months in advance. He said he would only charge us $129.00 a night instead of 149.00. The reservations were made for $129.00 not 149.00. Will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Do not choose this Bed and Breakfast
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Vickie B
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The Good: Beautiful house. Had the old time charm without looking warned down. Great detail in and out of the house. Asked for a tour, and was given one with the history of the property given as well, which was nice & interesting. Great location. Steps from the restaurants, shops movies, pier, and Vinoy Park.

The Bad: Hard wood floors that creaked at every step (but it's an old house). Rooms were decent. Who ever renovated, renovated with tall people in mind. In the shower, the soaps were on the window sill witch was high, but i was able to reach it barely. The shower head I had a hard time reaching. Both my wife and I had to use the hose part to pull it off and put it back on. The bathroom itself was small but it worked(1 person at a time). Walk in closet had a mirror that you could basically see the top of your head (i'm 5'5").

I gave it a 4/5 because I loved the charm of the house and the location was awesome.

Room Tip: When I booked on Expedia, I was charged a guest fee. It was just my wife & I. I called Expedia a...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple