“rude and pompous bartender”

The Ale and the Witch
Ranked #4 of 58 Nightlife in St. Petersburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Nice location and atmosphere. Bar tender with the red beard is a compete pompous blank.... Arrived and trying to tell him my preference in IPA, stated that i needed to quit INTERRUPTING him. He wanted to convey his beer knowledge to me first. I was very put off and quite frankly, it ruined my evening. I thanked him and walked away. High regards for World of Beer though for which i visited earlier. I'll go back and sit at a table maybe later this week. I'm still steaming a little over this.

1  Thank doc s

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Very good craft beer selection. Casual atmosphere. Good music on a Sunday afternoon. Very nice way to spend a few hours. I tried a four beer flight and it was all good.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I was in the Tampa area visiting relatives over the Christmas holidays and visited "The Ale and the Witch" on Friday, December 27. The bar has an impressive selection of craft beer from all over the country. The interior of the bar isn't that impressive, but I think that many of the customers take their beer and go outside to the adjacent courtyard, which IS really nice. I was there about 3:15 in the afternoon, and the bartender, a tall fellow with a beard, was somewhat less than friendly and outgoing.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

One of my favorite places to go for a beer or to bring some friends and hang out! Not to mention the music-always different and refreshing. I like a place that you see the owner walking around just to make sure things are working smoothly. He even took them on a week vacation and just shut the doors. not so good for us but i'll respect a company that says thank you to the people that work there!

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Enjoyed a holiday pub crawl yesterday and The Ale and the Witch was a key stop! Always good. Great selection of beers and the people are very nice.

Prices are a bit high - not a place for the faint of wallet.

We will be back, though.