“Careful of the Chicken Wings”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Hooters - Tyrone

Hooters - Tyrone
Reserve with OpenTable
Hooters - Tyrone is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #583 of 893 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: World Famous Wings, Sandwiches, Seafood, a Full Bar and more all served up by your favorite Hooters Girl. Watch your favorite game on TV or just relax in the casual atmosphere with your friends. Delightfully tacky yet unrefined, Hooters is your neighborhood spot where you can kick back with cold beer and hot wings any day of the week. The Original Wing Joint since 1983.
St. Catharines, Canada
“Careful of the Chicken Wings”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

I did not want anything fancy (felt like a roadhouse style) and at my urging we stopped in for lunch and thought I'd try the chicken wings (I have had the original Buffalo chicken wings and really do like them) while others had different items. I have been in Hooters once before (not enough to write about) so I had some idea what to expect.

None of us were satisfied with the food for various reason, as for the chicken wings, (not Buffalo) they were breaded (as requested) which it turned out helped to contain the grease inside. Upon biting into a wing it would squirt out the excess grease in sufficient quantity that others at the table noticed and this was repeated several times.

My error was finishing the wings, for which I paid the price for a couple of days. Not sure if it was the grease or if the wings were completely cooked.

The decor was a bit dated and could do with a update or a good clean up.

There are other eateries in the area so you may be advised to reconsider but if roadhouse is you choice .... good luck. As for us, we'll pass on Hooters

• Visited January 2014
Leah R, Director of Sales at Hooters - Tyrone, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback. I'm very sorry to hear that you weren't impressed with the food but I appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. Please look out for a private message from me.

Houston, Texas
“It was okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

We went on a Friday night and it was crowded, but this was expected from us. We were seated promptly and our trainer waitress greeted us within a reasonable time frame. I ordered the blackened grouper sandwich with some Thai chili boneless wings. I can tell you that the fish sandwich was extremely fishy and wasn't blackened to my knowledge. The boneless wings were dry and not very flavorful at all. My wife had the original wings and my son the crab legs; they had no issues with their meal. I mentioned this to my waitress and she apologized but said "I didn't cook 'em, so all I can do is say I'm sorry". No manager in site either, so I didn't stick around to tell them.

• Visited October 2013
Leah R, Director of Sales at Hooters - Tyrone, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review and share your experience. I'm sorry to hear you weren't impressed with your Grouper Sandwich but I do hope you and your family choose to give us another shot in the future!

Los Angeles, California
“Ridiculous manager behavior”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

I went to Hooters in college with my hubby (then boyfriend) to watch sports & have grouper sandwiches/wings so we stopped in here for nostalgia's sake.

I put in the food order and sat at the bar to wait with a beer. There were some really idiotic fellas being very loud at the bar, but they didn't stay long -thankfully. As soon as they left the manager came over to the bartender and chewed her out for not throwing the fellas out. He said that customers were complaining. Okay, if that was the case then why didn't he come over and say something? As the manager, that is HIS job and shouldn't be left to the tiny, scantily-clad bartender (who was really sweet). Also, if he wanted to reprimand her for anything he should have called her aside and not done it in front of other customers. It really seemed like a ridiculous power trip. I actually wrote to them on their web contact form about it as I sat there. It took a few days for them to get back to me but they promised to address it.

• Visited June 2013
Leah R, Director of Sales at Hooters - Tyrone, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review and make us aware of the situation. We appreciate your concern and will be checking up to assure it was resolved. We hope that you and your hubby come visit us again!

Clearwater, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

This is the best Mahi Mahi sandwich in the entire pinellas county. I have lived here since 1981. Blackened Mahi Mahi. We have always had great service and we come here all the time even though we could go to Berns Steak House instead. Their chef salad is also amazing as well and the Buffalo Chicken sandwich. I could go on and on. This place is great !! Positive attitudes from the staff as well.

• Visited April 2013
Leah R, Director of Sales at Hooters - Tyrone, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Hi there!

Thank you for the great review! You sound like a loyal customer and we appreciate the feedback. Hope to see you in again soon.

Treasure Island, Florida
“Always the same...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2012 via mobile

Food was ok, nothing to brag about. Not really sure why I stopped in here to eat. The service from the bartender was slow but okay since I'm not in a hurry. The food runner just about dropped my plate in my lap. All she said was woops and walked away....

Leah R, Director of Sales at Hooters - Tyrone, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Hi there,

I'm truly sorry that this is such a delayed response, however, we do appreciate the feedback. Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience.

Take care!