“Good live music”

Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Closed
Reviewed 18 April 2013

This a great place if you like live music and a quirky outdoor space. We ate there once and the food was fine but nothing super memorable. Usually we would go a little later and have some drinks and listen to the live bands. It has a very New Orleans feel outside, which is nice.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

good lunch food and excellent service. I had a Greek salald, my husband had a veggie wrap (no peppers)., the wrap came with peppers. we informed the staff and they quickly apologized and replaced it. all the food was very good and the staff were quick and helpful. we will recommend this place for a nice lunch.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

food was great, even met the chef Mike....great free entertainment each night...good drinks, reasonable price...outdoor seating, who could ask for anything more?

Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

I don't say this about many places, but I couldn't wait to leave. We arrived at 7pm on a saturday. There was nothing interesting on the menu, they couldn't make two drinks I ordered (one was specifically on the menu) and the band was entirely too loud. I only stayed because we were having a large party and I didn't want us all to just walk out. I can see that the atmosphere could be really nice if it was later in the evening where you weren't bothered to be talking to your companions any more. If I had been with fewer people and walked in, I would have walked straight out and moved on to the next place.

1  Thank cpeters220
Reviewed 6 March 2013

After seeing an article in the local paper that the owner Bill Edwards had made some much needed changes and we saw a deal on creative loafing we decided to give The Garden a try again. My husband and I went in during the day on a Saturday (I believe) and sat at the bar. Our bartender was very personable when he greeted us and he made us great Bloody Mary's. His name was Scott and he answered all of our questions about the menu and made some recommendations as well. When we asked about the soups he even brought us out a little sample of each. What customer service! After that it gets very strange. We ordered soup and the fish tacos and when the fish tacos arrived I asked about a side of salsa and he said they didn't have salsa but asked if I would like a side of pico de gallo and the manager was standing there and she said it was already on the tacos and he asked if I would like a bit more. When I said yes the manager gave a glaring look and called him aside and that is when it got very weird. He brought me my pico de gallo and I noticed he looked like he was leaving so we wanted to make sure we closed out and tipped him since he had provided EXCELLENT service but evidently he was instructed to transfer our check to someone else. When I asked him why he said his shift was over, this was disturbing to us because something didn't feel right. I told my husband that I thought the manager had just fired him for asking us if we wanted the additional pico de gallo. Oh and for the record the soup was delicious but the fish needed to be cooked more as it was almost raw. This situation with the bartender bothered us so we went back a couple of Saturday's later and I saw the manager and I asked her if Scott was there and she said no, I asked if he was still employed there and she said no, I asked if he had been fired and she said it was mutual, I asked how long he had been gone and she said a couple of weeks. As long as that manager is still there we will not be going back. Hopefully Scott has found a better establishment that will appreciate his ability to make a customer happy and provide a pleasant dining experience. She is the one that should be gone if offering a customer extra pico de gallo is going to cause the place to go broke.

3  Thank MandMs1031