“Jacks London Grill is the Greatest” 5 of 5 bubbles

Jacks London Grill
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Small family run British restaurant with good quality home made meals. Specializing in Fish n' chips and other British classics.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Jacks London Grill is the Greatest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Jacks London Grill has one of Tampa Bay Areas Best Chefs Peter Leonavicius, his food is the Greatest around and the prices are very Reasonable. They also have Trivia on Tuesday nights at 8:00PM. Jacks does not only have British Fish and Chips, but they also have many gourmet meals. I had the Fish and Chips and I had Chocolate Mousse for dessert, Talk about Good!!! The Greatest!!!!!!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank MustangAmy

Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
“Not impressed but Decent Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband and I stopped in here a few weeks ago for dinner. We kept wanting to try it because it ranked so high on Tripadvisor and it is close to home.

For dinner we both had the Pasty of The Day. It was quite tasty. However, slow and inattentive service really put a damper on our experience. I understand that a meal can take sometime, especially when it is all homemade, but it would have been nice to be checked on periodically during the long wait to refill drinks or just to be told we weren't forgotten about.

Maybe my expectations were too high but I was pretty disappointed in a restaurant that ranked so high above some of my favorite places to eat in St. Pete.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Great lunch on Monday!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in for a late lunch Monday. Sat at the bar where Julie took very good care of us . Pleasant and knowledgeable, we had cold beers in front of us and a full understanding of the menu in minutes. Beer battered shrimp(the Monday special) as a starter, fish and chips for me and my wife had Duck quarter. Homemade beer batter perfectly coating the shrimp and the fish were cooked to perfection nice and crispy. Homemade mashed potatoes and gravy with the duck pushed the boundaries of standard pub food. I highly recommend.

1 Thank Dale D
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stunning Sunday roast! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Great food, great value, great staff. All meals delicious, fish and chips to burgers. From UK ex-pat. Thank you Peter!

1 Thank Amy G
St; Petersburg, FL
“Fish and chips are a must”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

I have gone here several times since it opened and tried different dishes each time. All of them are good, but for your first visit the fish and chips are a must. Beer batter on the fish makes you feel you are back in England. However, look for the luncheon specials as well. You won't go wrong!

• Visited March 2014