“What a great day at the trop.”
Review of Tropicana Field

Tropicana Field
Ranked #12 of 127 things to do in St. Petersburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Home of the Tampa Bay Rays, this major league park is the first to feature naturally looking FieldTurf.
sun city center
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“What a great day at the trop.”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Visited tropicana field today. I am a senior so I got in for only $6.00. Great tour there were about 40 of us. Our tour guide was very knowledgable and had some really interesting stories to tell. I am not a big baseball fan but the Ted Williams museum was great. I couldn't believe how many of the baseball 'heroes' I remembered. We even got to walk out on to the field. There were elevators and a ramp out to the field. We couldn't use the ramp because they were painting. Sat in the dug out and in the press box too. We were there about 2 hours. Very good day. The only thing negative it was quite warm. Our guide said it is really expensive to cool such a big facility. We agreed.

Visited July 2014

• Korean first
Baltimore, Maryland
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Thought it would be worse”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I did not hate this place. I expected it to be horrible so I was suprise to see it wasn't that bad. It is interesting to see an indoor baseball game. The games are not crowded and you can get tickets for cheap.

Visited April 2014
Chicago, Illinois
1,128 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,856 helpful votes
“Give the Trop some proper props”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida, home of the Tampa Bay Rays, gets more than its share of criticism because it looks like a sombrero and harkens back to the day when most major league baseball stadiums had rooftops and artificial grass playing fields. An architectural masterpiece, it isn't. Wrigley Field, it isn't. Yankee Stadium, it isn't. But I've been to several games at the Trop and I must admit I don't have as many issues with the stadium as most critics apparently do. First of all, it is centrally located so fans can easily reach it from anywhere in St. Petersburg. Folks in Tampa can reach it easily on I-275. And fans across Tampa Bay in Bradenton and Sarasota and reach it by driving across the famed Sunshine Skyway on I-275. Secondly, the parking is wonderful, close, plentiful and inexpensive with easy access to the Interstate and a fast trip across the Sunshine Skyway to Sarasota. For one game against the Yankees, we bought $200 tickets to enjoy the amenities of the private club, including all-you-can-eat hamburgers, hot dogs, barbecues and roast beef and all-you-can-drink beer and soda. Watching an indoor game in air conditioning at the Trop is a lot better than being drenched by rain in Miami or Atlanta. We have always purchased seats close to the field with good sight lines. I've also noticed that the food venders are plentiful and very active at the Trop. The food is very good, better than I have experienced at most major league parks, including Wrigley Field. The problem with Tampa Bay Ray fans is there aren't many of them. Or at least they don't show up for the games. A seat in the upper deck in left field affords a great view of the field and the entire park.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Taylor B
Cork, Ireland
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Tampa Bay Ray's Rule”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Went with family to see Rays Vs Astros', Ray's lost this one, only game dropped of the series, maybe we were the bad luck charm.
Stadium is very accessible & parking no issue. Staff are courteous and helpful for stadium first-timers like ourselves. Rest rooms & food court area spotlessly clean & serviced during our visit. Food & Beverages pricey like all stdiums , but quality was good. A relatively small crowd in, but service was top notch. All in all, left feeling we would come again, even though there was only 1 baseball fan among us 4. Entertainment mad it an enjoyable even for the non-fanatic.

Visited June 2014
Cartagena, Spain
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Nice Stadium”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I went to see Yankees - Tampa... Nice atmosphere, Great stadium and definitely will go again on another chance.

Visited April 2014