“Nice Ballpark, Great Tour”
Review of Tropicana Field

Tropicana Field
Ranked #12 of 127 things to do in St. Petersburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Home of the Tampa Bay Rays, this major league park is the first to feature naturally looking FieldTurf.
Bronx, New York
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Nice Ballpark, Great Tour”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

During our trip to Florida, we decided to take a few tours/ catch a few games at some stadiums. Tropicana was one of the ballparks/stadiums we visited. The tour was great, the stadium was nice. Next time, we are hoping to catch a game. The Rays were off due to the All-Star break. The was a lot to do and see at the ballpark.

1 Thank EddieBronx_NewYork

• Korean first
Rugby, United Kingdom
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Night at the Baseball”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Enjoyed watching the Tampa Bay Rays recently, never watched a baseball match before,coming from the UK, but had a very enjoyable night. Atmosphere great, and could not believe how close the crowd was to the action. Did not understand the rules thoroughly but was able to follow the action. Well worth the trip, parking was easy and right outside and as we came from Gulf Coast coming across the Skyway Bridge at Tampa was also exciting.

sun city center
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“What a great day at the trop.”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Visited tropicana field today. I am a senior so I got in for only $6.00. Great tour there were about 40 of us. Our tour guide was very knowledgable and had some really interesting stories to tell. I am not a big baseball fan but the Ted Williams museum was great. I couldn't believe how many of the baseball 'heroes' I remembered. We even got to walk out on to the field. There were elevators and a ramp out to the field. We couldn't use the ramp because they were painting. Sat in the dug out and in the press box too. We were there about 2 hours. Very good day. The only thing negative it was quite warm. Our guide said it is really expensive to cool such a big facility. We agreed.

Baltimore, Maryland
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Thought it would be worse”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I did not hate this place. I expected it to be horrible so I was suprise to see it wasn't that bad. It is interesting to see an indoor baseball game. The games are not crowded and you can get tickets for cheap.

Visited April 2014
Chicago, Illinois
1,134 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,929 helpful votes
“Give the Trop some proper props”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida, home of the Tampa Bay Rays, gets more than its share of criticism because it looks like a sombrero and harkens back to the day when most major league baseball stadiums had rooftops and artificial grass playing fields. An architectural masterpiece, it isn't. Wrigley Field, it isn't. Yankee Stadium, it isn't. But I've been to several games at the Trop and I must admit I don't have as many issues with the stadium as most critics apparently do. First of all, it is centrally located so fans can easily reach it from anywhere in St. Petersburg. Folks in Tampa can reach it easily on I-275. And fans across Tampa Bay in Bradenton and Sarasota and reach it by driving across the famed Sunshine Skyway on I-275. Secondly, the parking is wonderful, close, plentiful and inexpensive with easy access to the Interstate and a fast trip across the Sunshine Skyway to Sarasota. For one game against the Yankees, we bought $200 tickets to enjoy the amenities of the private club, including all-you-can-eat hamburgers, hot dogs, barbecues and roast beef and all-you-can-drink beer and soda. Watching an indoor game in air conditioning at the Trop is a lot better than being drenched by rain in Miami or Atlanta. We have always purchased seats close to the field with good sight lines. I've also noticed that the food venders are plentiful and very active at the Trop. The food is very good, better than I have experienced at most major league parks, including Wrigley Field. The problem with Tampa Bay Ray fans is there aren't many of them. Or at least they don't show up for the games. A seat in the upper deck in left field affords a great view of the field and the entire park.

Visited June 2014