“Excellent location, great staff and good rooms”

Hilton Saint Petersburg Carillon Park
Ranked #3 of 43 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Located in Carillon park in proximity to Transamerica, Raymond James and Franklin Templeton. Has a nice restaurant with a mini Dali Museum. We had a room on 6th floor with the view of the lake. It is nice to walk around the lake which has quite a few turtles, herons and many more critters. The front desk staff is extremely helpful and courteous. There is a Publix in walking distance and great places to eat are in close proximity. When you get out of the park right across the street you have Panera.
Will stay again and recommend it to everyone who wants to enjoy the great pool and a hot tub.

Room Tip: Choose a room with lake view and with balcony

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel is located on a fake. murky lake in a sort of planned office park/community. It's a rather boring area and you definitely need a car to get around. Especially when it's 900 degrees with 200 percent humidity!

What I really liked: Wanda and Molly at the front desk are real gems. Professional and delightful. My room (#721) was huge (I got upgraded as a gold member) with a balcony and a huge whirlpool tub. That alone was worth the price of admission for these aching bones. Very nice pool, but often no towels. The have a great biz center in the lobby with easy access to printing.

Areas to improve: Decor in the rooms is standard motel issue. Internet, while mainly good, often got really slow.

If you are working in the area, I would recommend this. If you are a tourist for the beach, this is not convenient.

Room Tip: 721 is huge, balcony and a whirlpool tub.
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We booked this hotel with the intention of going to the beach. Thought before we arrived that we would be disappointed because it wasn't right on the beach. Much to our surprise, the view over the lake was beautiful. Plus, the hotel was quite, comfortable, and would definitely stay again. The hotel staff was also exceptional. And you get a real balcony..... that was nice :)

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 26 July 2014

After much research and without firsthand knowledge of the exact location, the Hilton Carillon Park turned out to be a hidden gem in the midst of a corporate park complete with boardwalk around a lake teeming with wildlife, a bell tower, and nearby Publix for food needs. Being a weekend, the numerous corporate neighbors were idle, leading to a quiet and peaceful stay.
Upon arrival, we were upgraded to an executive level room with a balcony overlooking the lake. The room was spacious with a living room and desk area leading to the balcony. The bedroom and bathroom were behind a wall giving additional privacy. Once inside, we realized there was only one single bed and we required two separate beds. So much for the upgrade.
We were transferred down to the end of the hall in a standard double bed room, about half the size lacking the balcony and living space. The refrigerator was completely warm upon arrival, which was a huge concern as we had been traveling with personal food all day.
Maintenance was dispatched, and turned up the cold via a knob located on the back which we never would have found on our own.
The room was very quiet, and adequate with a large screen television with a super sharp display and responsive program guide along with numerous channels, quite an improvement over the hotel we had stayed in one night prior in Fort Myers, FL.
After dinner, we adjourned downstairs to enjoy the expansive wooden boardwalk circumnavigating around the lake. We saw an alligator, a large fresh water fish, a lanky bird, a turtle and an enjoyable garden of exotic plants surrounding the bell tower across the lake from the hotel.
Unfortunately, our walk was cut short by a summer thunderstorm but the serenity of the area at the rear of the hotel was enjoyed by many who jogged, or simply walked for exercise and fresh air. Families were actively enjoying the pool area.
We continued our walk around the spacious interior of the hotel which boasts numerous banquet halls and private salons used for conferences and wedding parties.
Service at the hotel was efficient, though not overly friendly.
We enjoyed our stay save for one negative incident inside our room when we were surprised by an unwelcome visitor.
In fairness to Hilton, I won't recount the experience in vivid detail. On sight staff offered an apology and a half-hearted explanation for our encounter, which I felt fell far short of what I would have expected from a hotel with a reputation such as Hilton.
Upon arriving at home, I contacted Hilton via their professional Facebook page and was promptly responded to, with a commitment to a timely response from management. By the next day, my issue was resolved with an apology and a full refund of my night's stay.
I enjoyed the location of the hotel, the design, the attention to detail, tranquility, and proximity to food shopping. Its out of the way location was perfect for a non-commercial experience. And ultimately, senior management's above and beyond response to my one negative experience during my stay solidified my belief that this is a hidden gem for those seeking a quiet stay in the St. Petersburg, FL area.

Room Tip: Lakeview is the best. You have a bell tower, boardwalk, wildlife, ocean view far off in the distance...
1  Thank Somhawk2002
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Everything about this Hotel is perfect, from the staff, to the lobby, the pool, the amenities, the rooms, the linen on the beds....there is nothing negative to say. I would stay there again in a minute and I have told many people about the Hilton Carillon already. The price was right as well. Cannot believe I got his much elegance for such great value!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Ok, here in St Pete again for biz and decided to try this Hilton at Carillon Lake Park. I usually stay at the one in downtown. I am very glad I tried this hotel. Location is not that close to downtown but conveniently located. The hotel staff are very friendly and amenable. The rooms are very nice and comfortable. The beds and pillows were just absolutely FANTASTIC.

The restaurant/bar downstairs was perfect. The service and food was very good. Yup, I'd definitely stay here again and I will stay here again.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This hotel is in a business area and I am sure it is busy during the week but it was very quiet while we were there. I was disappointed in our room even though we received an upgrade as a Hilton Silver member. My Hilton preferences are high floor, away from elevator and Ice Machine...I was given the first room off the elevator, next to the the ice room on the 4th floor. We were given a junior suite but not sure what made it a suite. The room was huge but empty. Had a King bed, pull out sofa and a desk with a cool roll in table that could be pulled out for meals in the room which would make use of the empty space. There was a fridge and bar sink which I guess makes it a suite. Nice balcony but we overlooked the parking lot. I was upset that we weren't overlooking the nature preserve which would have been a beautiful view. Since the hotel wasn't busy, I am sure they had available rooms on that side. There were outlets by the bed for phone charging. My son said the sofa bed was comfortable. The bathroom was large with a jet tub and large shower with a high shower head that would easily accommodate tall people. Nice, large, fluffy towels. Good, free wifi and free parking. This hotel is out of the hustle and bustle of a large city. Coming from Orlando it was a pleasant change. We had a lovely dinner in the restaurant and enjoyed sitting by the pool with our morning coffee.
Rachel and Paul were very helpful and all but one of the staff were friendly.
If the check-in staff had been a little nicer and upgraded me to a room on the pool side, I would have given an excellent rating.
Excellent alternative to a hotel close to Tampa airport. It was less than 15 minutes to the airport.
I would definitely stay here again if I could get a room on the pool side, if not, then there is a Hampton Inn around the corner.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the Nature Park side