“Our evaluation of the St. Petersburg NE location”

La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast
Ranked #21 of 43 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My Husband & I and dog, have stayed at this location three times in the past year and a half. Each time we experienced a well managed hotel; very pleasant and accommodating owners and staff; our room was always clean & well stocked with clean towels, toiletries; and linens. Not only was our room kept clean by housekeepers "Cindy" and "Norma", but the entire hotel was kept immaculate - the floors always shined even in the elevators! Breakfast was served everyday and was also replenished frequently and the breakfast area was kept clean and neat. I would not hesitate to stay at this location again or recommend it to others. Joe, Toni, & Merlin (he's the dog) Contursi

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Vinay P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Toni C, thank you for the awesome review! We always love having you stay with us especially with the with the beautiful Merlin. He is by far the most well behaved dog we have seen at our hotel. I will also let the entire staff know how much you appreciate them.

I know you have now found a place in town to stay at, but never hesitate stop in and see us. It will make our day!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel was clean and very convenient for my purpose. It's about 10 miles from the beach and close to main roads for other attractions. There is dining nearby. A pet friendly hotel which was as clean as any other. Breakfast was satisfying.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Vinay P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Kim V, thank you for the kind words in your review. The staff does a very great job in maintaining the hotel standards, especially since we are pet friendly and some guest have allergies. You are correct in that we are centrally located to area beaches, and attractions, and dinning is not to far as well. we would love for you to return to hotel when you are St. Pete next time.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I only give it four stars because I thought the bed was a little hard. The bathroom was clean and neat, as was the rest of the room. I had reserved three rooms for a family venture. Check in was fast, clerk was helpful..My stay there was uneventful which is a good thing!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Vinay P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

vaquilter, thank you for writing for our hotel. I am glad that your stay was uneventful. I am glad that all three rooms you had met your expectations. We hope you will return to our hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

First the location. It's on the northeast side but is in close vicinity to the bridges that you can use to take to tampa or to u.s. 19 that will take you to clearwater or pinellas park and not far from downtown Saint Pete. Upon arriving and check in we were greeted by a phone call from the front desk asking if the room was okay which it was. I am glad the hotel itself is a non smoking hotels. For you smokers they have a smoking station where you can smoke. The room includes an hdtv which unfortunately contains about less than 30 channels but it does includes it includes hbo. The ac in it's lowest setting cools the room down quickly . Adjacent to the beds is a little kitchen area that includes a sink and a microwave. The closet in the room contains a safe and they provide hangers which are lock down but easy to hang your clothes on. Their bathrooms have enough space where more than one person can be in the room at a time. Breakfast was included and stays open for 3 hours and was fully stock no matter what time you came. It was pretty good as well. The fitness center included a few elliptical machines and a weight machine. They had a TV in the gym that came on with the remote provided but I did not get any stations in the gym. Maybe it was on the wrong input but anyway that was okay.
I did not see the pool there but I wasn't looking for it anyway. A few issues one that cleaning took place earlier than most hotels I have been to so if you wanted your room clean than you have to be out of your room before 10. Another, Adjacent to the closest was a connecting door to another room and when I was pass by the connecting door on my end you can faintly here other dwellers if they were loud enough. Overall I will stay at this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Vinay P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Chase W, I am happy to read that you found our location to be central the the surrounding of the city. I am also happy to read that you found the you accommodations and hotel amenities to be wonderful. Our staff does a very good job in servicing the hotel. I do apologize about HK getting into you room early. They usually start there day at 9am. In future if they do get to your room and you are not ready, you can request for them to come back and they will gladly service your room at a later time. As for the adjoining door to the other room, we very rarely get complaints of noise from the neighboring room. But it does happen. I would suggest requesting a room with out and adjoining door. We look forward to seeing you a your return to our wonderful hotel.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The Hotel is in a good location for anyone in the St. Petersburg or even Tampa area. It is obviously well run, clean and safe. Travel to either the St. Petersburg - Clearwater Airport or to the Tampa Airport is convenient.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Vinay P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Water A, thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to see you you enjoyed yourself with staying with us. I am also very that you found our hotel be most convenient for you. And the tip you shared for other guest will surely help other guest stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at this La Quinta last weekend for one night- we had previously stayed at this property about a year ago. Both stays were more than adequate and pleasant.

The location is convenient to many attractions in St.Pete, though we stayed here because it was close to family. The property is clean and well-maintained for a budget chain and we had no problems checking in our out of the hotel. Staff at the front desk were friendly and prompt. There appeared to be only one person working the front desk when we checked in, because they had to leave a sign saying they were helping a customer when stepping away- but they weren't gone for longer than a few minutes before re-appearing.

The room was very clean and the decor basic but somewhat updated. The king bed was very comfortable, the AC worked great, the flat-screen TV had HD clarity, and the shower water pressure and temperature was just fine. The walls were slightly thin, but we didn't notice too many noises coming from the hallway or other rooms. We didn't test the WiFi, so I really can't rate the hotel for that. My husband wasn't impressed with the coffee maker or the quality of the coffee and creamers in our room- but, I reminded him that we were getting what we paid for! We couldn't exactly expect Starbucks.

Otherwise, though we did not swim in the pool or eat the included breakfast- I can say that the pool and deck area appeared to be clean, and it did not seem crowded at any point during our stay. The breakfast area is right across from the front desk on the first floor, and it's a fairly small space with only a few tables. Based on what I could see, the offerings looked nothing more than basic continental.

All in all, I wanted to write this review to say that I would deem this a very nice budget hotel- usually, you cannot combine those two things: budget + nice. It is rare to find a hotel for less than $100 a night that feels safe and clean. This one is both of these things! If you're looking for a special place to spend a vacation- I would go elsewhere. But if you're looking for a place to rest your head during a business or short leisure visit- this hotel fits the bill!

Room Tip: Rooms overlook either the parking lot (back) or the street (front), so it honestly doesn't matte...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Vinay P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Jenny G, thank you for taking the time to give such a thorough review. It is very rare that guest take the time to share their entire experience. It pleasures me very well to hear that you found your accommodations to be be budget friendly but very nice. The staff at the hotel does a very good job to maintain the hotel. I will share this review with my staff to show that their are guest who appreciate the work that is done by them. I look forward to seeing you on your return to our lovely hotel.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stay at this location often, as it is close to my daughter's home. The reason I love this hotel is that the staff are SUPER great,very friendly, accommodating to all my requests, and the physical hotel is very very clean! The option of a hot or cold breakfast selection is a nice touch. Naturally, the waffles can't be beat, but the eggs and sausage are great too!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Vinay P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

bonniev411, I want to thank you for being such a loyal customer with us for so long. We really appreciate the business and the kind words. I know that we will see you again and we look forward to it. Also, congratulations on the new grandchild!!! We wish you and your family great happiness.