La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast
Ranked #18 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Chicago, Illinois
“NO WAY”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Made reservations at this Inn because (a) LaQuinta (b) near family and (C) LaQuinta are dog friendly. Reserved online. Heading to St. Pete for a dog show and to visit family.

After 10 hour drive from Mississippi, we got the hotel no problem. I went into office, reservations in hand. Front desk proudly displayed the LaQuinta "dog friendly" pledge.

Started doing the paper work, clerk had my credit card when she informed me that only dogs under 40 pounds allowed. My dogs aren't under 40 pounds. I advised her of that and that we were in town for an obedience dog show. Both dogs multi titled in obedience also both certified therapy dogs.

After consulting with her boss, was told that dogs COULD stay, but at a charge of $35.00 per dog per night!!! Stay was for 4 days.. so $280.00 for dogs.

We drove to the LaQuinta on 34th St. North and had a wonderful time. Found out this location is not 'corporate owned' but rather a franchise :(

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Vinay P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
patrunes, We truly appreciate your feedback; it is our goal to provide you with a positive, memorable experience each and every time you stay with us. We apologize that your experience was not what you expected from La Quinta. Regarding the pet policy, there is a weight restriction for pets enforced by the La Quinta brand. The pet policy is not something the hotel has restricted. Unfortunately some hotel, follow that policy and some don't. Or some hotel make exceptions. We realized that you went to another La Quinta location and they were willing to accommodate you. We are just merely following the the rules of the pet policy.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Port Orange, Florida
Reviewed 19 August 2014

clean but rooms were real small, hard to move around with the big desk chair in the room. nothing really around the area, was always going in circles to fine where I was headed. bath room was nice size, slept in better beds in other LaQuintias

Room Tip: nice and clean for the night, would not like to spend more then a few days the room was small
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Vinay P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
420laverneh, I apologize your stay was not what you expected from La Quinta. We continuously strive to achieve greatness. Although we can not change the size of the room, we can promise that you receive excellent customer service from the entire staff. We do hope you would return the the hotel to stay multiple nights and try a room with 1 king bed which would give you enough room to move around in.
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This hotel was very convenient for our vacation. The rooms were not as soundproof as the other La Quinta's that we stayed at. You could hear if someone was using the hairdryer when you were in the hall. Breakfast was good and the staff was very friendly. The pool area needs to be kept up a little better than it was.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Comealong1, I want to thank you for reviewing our hotel. I do apologize that the rooms were not as soundproof as you may have expected. We do our best to achieve the highest customer satisfaction. I hope this will not deter you from returning in the future. We would love to show you this stay was nothing but an isolated incidence.
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My Husband & I and dog, have stayed at this location three times in the past year and a half. Each time we experienced a well managed hotel; very pleasant and accommodating owners and staff; our room was always clean & well stocked with clean towels, toiletries; and linens. Not only was our room kept clean by housekeepers "Cindy" and "Norma", but the entire hotel was kept immaculate - the floors always shined even in the elevators! Breakfast was served everyday and was also replenished frequently and the breakfast area was kept clean and neat. I would not hesitate to stay at this location again or recommend it to others. Joe, Toni, & Merlin (he's the dog) Contursi

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Vinay P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Toni C, thank you for the awesome review! We always love having you stay with us especially with the with the beautiful Merlin. He is by far the most well behaved dog we have seen at our hotel. I will also let the entire staff know how much you appreciate them.

I know you have now found a place in town to stay at, but never hesitate stop in and see us. It will make our day!
Villa Rica, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel was clean and very convenient for my purpose. It's about 10 miles from the beach and close to main roads for other attractions. There is dining nearby. A pet friendly hotel which was as clean as any other. Breakfast was satisfying.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Vinay P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Kim V, thank you for the kind words in your review. The staff does a very great job in maintaining the hotel standards, especially since we are pet friendly and some guest have allergies. You are correct in that we are centrally located to area beaches, and attractions, and dinning is not to far as well. we would love for you to return to hotel when you are St. Pete next time.
Virginia
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I only give it four stars because I thought the bed was a little hard. The bathroom was clean and neat, as was the rest of the room. I had reserved three rooms for a family venture. Check in was fast, clerk was helpful..My stay there was uneventful which is a good thing!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Vinay P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
vaquilter, thank you for writing for our hotel. I am glad that your stay was uneventful. I am glad that all three rooms you had met your expectations. We hope you will return to our hotel again in the future.
Havana
Reviewed 31 July 2014

First the location. It's on the northeast side but is in close vicinity to the bridges that you can use to take to tampa or to u.s. 19 that will take you to clearwater or pinellas park and not far from downtown Saint Pete. Upon arriving and check in we were greeted by a phone call from the front desk asking if the room was okay which it was. I am glad the hotel itself is a non smoking hotels. For you smokers they have a smoking station where you can smoke. The room includes an hdtv which unfortunately contains about less than 30 channels but it does includes it includes hbo. The ac in it's lowest setting cools the room down quickly . Adjacent to the beds is a little kitchen area that includes a sink and a microwave. The closet in the room contains a safe and they provide hangers which are lock down but easy to hang your clothes on. Their bathrooms have enough space where more than one person can be in the room at a time. Breakfast was included and stays open for 3 hours and was fully stock no matter what time you came. It was pretty good as well. The fitness center included a few elliptical machines and a weight machine. They had a TV in the gym that came on with the remote provided but I did not get any stations in the gym. Maybe it was on the wrong input but anyway that was okay.
I did not see the pool there but I wasn't looking for it anyway. A few issues one that cleaning took place earlier than most hotels I have been to so if you wanted your room clean than you have to be out of your room before 10. Another, Adjacent to the closest was a connecting door to another room and when I was pass by the connecting door on my end you can faintly here other dwellers if they were loud enough. Overall I will stay at this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Vinay P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Chase W, I am happy to read that you found our location to be central the the surrounding of the city. I am also happy to read that you found the you accommodations and hotel amenities to be wonderful. Our staff does a very good job in servicing the hotel. I do apologize about HK getting into you room early. They usually start there day at 9am. In future if they do get to your room and you are not ready, you can request for them to come back and they will gladly service your room at a later time. As for the adjoining door to the other room, we very rarely get complaints of noise from the neighboring room. But it does happen. I would suggest requesting a room with out and adjoining door. We look forward to seeing you a your return to our wonderful hotel.