Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275
Ranked #34 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Windermere, Florida
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

We stayed two nights at the Hotel and both nights were great. The staff was very friendly, Lisa and Craig, also a mention to the lady working the breakfast area on June 30th in the morning. The shuttle over to the Rays game was amazing, picked us up and dropped us off with no hassles at all. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone, quick 20 minute trip to the beach, or back into Tampa. Thank you Holiday Inn for a nice stay. You don't get an excellent for no mints on my pillow.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Steve F
Raj T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275, responded to this review, 6 August 2012
Hello Steve F

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express,St Petersburg.Our staff is always extremely pleased to hear how they are doing and i will make sure that i pass on your kind words to Lisa,Craig and to our breakfast staff as well.
Our complimentary shuttle service to and from the Tropicana Field is a always a huge hit with all our guests as it takes the issue of getting to the stadium and back out of the equation all together whereby you can enjoy the game and not have to worry about traffic and parking
We once again would like to thank you for choosing us and look forward to assisting you with your future lodging needs in St.Petersburg.FL.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

This was my first visit to the Tampa/St. Petersburg area. I got caught in bad weather trying to get back home the St. Pete bridge was closed due to bad weather conditions of tropical storm debby and tornados watches was in place.

I think I was too worried about the weather to enjoy my one night stay but the front desk gentleman was very polite and had words of comfort to me since I was travelliing alone and was caught in the stormy. My room on the clean large and spacious beds were very comfortable.

My only complaint was the light from the pool area came in between my window through white curtains the privacy drapes the rod did not extend to closed the area that was open for me creating a privacy issue because there is a back parking lot and I was on the ground floor room 122.

I enjoy my breaksfast before I headed out the next day requested a late check out which the accomodated me but I decided to leave before check out and head home.

If I ever visit the St Pete area I would book at this location and enjoy eating next door to Cracker Barrel

Room Tip: Nice breaksfast selection
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Hello Jarrieta55,

Thank You ! for your kind words and are pleased that we could be of assistance during your travels in bad weather.I will certainly pass on the compliment to the front desk staff.We have also noted your comment on the blinds not closing all the way and have assigned the appropriate personel to resolve it
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

I recently stayed here while in town for some Rays baseball games. I chose to stay here based on recent reviews and location. It was exactly what I was expecting. The service was great and rooms were clean. The area surrounding the hotel seemed safe and pretty quiet. The complimentary shuttle service provided for Rays home games is great. It runs every half hour for two hours before the game starts and an hour after the game. I attended the the 15 inning game against the Marlins but no worries, the shuttle was waiting for me after the game. Overall, this is an excellent place to stay while in St. Pete, and I will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Adam850
Hello Adam850

We are pleased to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable while you were in town to watch the Rays and that you were able to make use of our free shuttle service to and from the games.We hope to see you again if you are ever in the St.Petersburg,FL area
Zephyrhills
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

I travel all over west FL. and when i have to go to Pinnellas county I stay with Lisa and the good people of Holiday Inn Express. They treat me right and are the freindliest of all hotels there. They know me when I walk in and know what I expect and always deliver.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Gregg H
Hello Gregg H,

Thank You ! for all your kind words towards our staff and Lisa.Our staff loves hearing about how they are doing and I will make sure to pass on the compliments and look forward to taking care of your lodging needs next time you are in the St Petersburg Fl area
Marysville, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel because of the good reviews. Actually, we expected just a bit better, but it was still fine. The neighborhood around the hotel was safe and quiet, and the room was clean, and smelled clean too. The beds were comfortable. There was a CrackerBarrel restaurant right next door. The only downside to our stay was a slow-draining tub, but when we told the clerk about it the next morning, it was taken are of and worked beautifully that night. Also, the first night, the sheets felt damp. There must have been a houseful of guests on Friday and they didn't have time to fully dry them, because the next night, the sheets were dry. The clerks and the housekeeping staff were friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Susan K
Hello Susan K,
I am pleased to hear that you decided to stay with us during your visit to St Petersburg,but also dissapointed that we did not meet your expectations as our goal here is to always exceed them.I am glad to hear that we took care of the opurtunities that we had with the room and will continue to make sure that such oppurtunities do not arise in the future.Looking forward to meet your lodging needs the next time you are on St Petersburg Fl
Clearwater
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

I went there with my wife and my 2 years old son. They give me a smoked room where it smells so bad that once i open the door, we walked out. I went downstairs and i asked them to change the room. He said you paid through hotwire, so you paid less than others and we are not gonna change the room. I said that's mean if we reserve through hotwire we are inferiors. I was so angry and i almost insult the guy in the receptionist. I asked him to bring the manager, but he claimed that he is the manager. I know he was lying because the manager name on the board indicating that the manager is Indian. The manager's last name is Patel. I called hotwire and they got me another one. In short, do not step there. They are very cheap. I blacked list this dirty hotel.

Room Tip: Do NOT go there.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Brave H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Dear Brave H ,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reference # 27746693
Coral Springs, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

Pros: Hotel is located right off I-275, and shares a parking lot with Cracker Barrel. A well-lit gas station is close by. Free Wi-Fi.

Cons: The neighborhood does not feel safe- a bit sketchy looking. The TV has very limited channels. The bed is lopsided, clearly most people choose to sleep on the right and the housekeepers do not flip the mattress, ever.

If you are expecting one of the nice, new Holiday Inn Express keep looking, the hotel is well appointed, but definitely is old.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank cheeto82
Raj T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear Cheeto82
I would like to start out by apologizing that we did not meet your expectations during your recent visit with us.
The hotel is located in a suburban area right off a major highway with a Cracker Barrel that shares the parking lot as well as 3 schools no more than 2 blocks from the hotel. The hotel has beginning this year installed brand new 36inch LCD TV’s in all the rooms and have expanded their channel line up to include HD content with 70 channels in all. I have taken up the opportunity we had with the comfort of the mattress with the staff to ensure that is taken care of and does not arise in the future. We hope that you will consider us in your future lodging needs in the ST.Petersburg area