“Enjoyed every day here” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #32 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Newton, Massachusetts
“Enjoyed every day here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

My daughter and I stayed in one of the king suites. Carpet and pool were a little shabby but other than that it was a great hotel. Clean, great location, front desk people were very nice and helpful. The suite had a kind of alcove with a desk and sofa bed so when my daughter, who goes to sleep much earlier than I do, turned in I was able to stay up without waking her by reading or working in the same room where she slept. You can't beat the location, it's central to everything in St Pete and right of 275 but I never heard any traffic at all. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Raj T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Sharon L ,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay in our hotel.

We are glad that you found our location convenient and that the layout of the room was worked well for you and your daughter.

We hope to welcome you back in the future!

Sincerely, Management.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Glendale, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I'm working in nearby Pinellas Park. I travel full time for business and stay in Holiday Inn Express often. This hotel seems a bit older as some of the fixtures and décor is somewhat dated. My room is clean and the bed is comfortable. The hotel is right beside Cracker Barrel so convenient for after work for dinner. Breakfast is your typical Holiday Inn Express offering. I will stay here again as I'm a loyal IHG member. I am in a non smoking room but I can smell cigarette smoke in the hall.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear Catbrown50,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am glad you liked our convenient location as well as your room accommodations. I am deeply sorry you found some aspects of our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

This mother day weekend we made a trip to Tampa to spend some time with the Rays, arrived around 3 pm and they where busy at the front desk checking in the guest, it went very smoothly they had 4 individuals behind the counter. Our rooms where ready and waiting for our arrival.
The front desk staff very friendly and efficient, hotel and rooms where very clean, good layout for the room, WiFi working properly, little problem with tv reception on Friday but rest of the stay was fine. all amenities as described on the website where good, the only issue I had was the shower head, could not regulate the spray to a normal shower spray.
They have a shuttle to the Rays ballpark that is very efficient, saves you the hassle of driving and parking, the drop off is at gate 6, you need to make a reservation, they have approximately 3 or 4 runs to the ballpark.

Room Tip: We stayed just off the elevators and where surprised how quiet it was, we where concerned at first...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Raj T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Rob O,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay!

It's great to know that our staff provided you and your family with efficient service and that you took advantage of our complimentary shuttle to Tropicana.

Thank you for staying with us!
Clifton, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

The title says a lot. It is easy to get to this hotel from the airport, easy to get to the ball park, and only a 15 minute ride to public parking at the beach. We asked for and got a quiet room, which was clean and suited our needs perfectly. The only problem was that the room staff had to be reminded to give us new towels when they removed the old one, but that's certainly not a deal breaker.
The check in was easy; in fact, we got there at 11 AM and they had a room ready for us to check into immediately. The people at the front desk were pleasant, personable and efficient. After checking in, we drove to the beach, just a short ride, and were glad that we were paying less than half of what the hotels on the beach were offering. We have stayed on the beach on previous visits, but the difference in price wasn't worthy it to us.
The breakfast at the hotel was convenient and fairly typical of hotel breakfast, except for the omelets that were quite good. Because we had rain several mornings and in fact several afternoons as well, we were glad that breakfast was available in the hotel.
All in all, we have to say that this hotel was convenient for us and that we would stay again.

Room Tip: If you are a very light sleeper, you might want a room facing the back parking lot and not I275 thou...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Joan C,

Thank you very much for your review.

We are glad to know that our hotel met your expectation and that our services and facilities made you stay in St. Petersburg hassle free.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future!

North Port, Florida, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

We have stayed here twice to see the Rays with the kids and it is ok. This time they upgraded us to a suite which was comfortable and a huge plus for a family of four. Downsides this time: the granite in the kitchen was porous and had water marks on it which was kind of a turn off and our soap dish had stubble hairs in it from a previous guest which also was kind of gross. Our shower drained slowly and we had standing water in it. Note that the game shuttle drops you off at a near by gas station which can be sketchy walking from the stadium at night. The heated pool isn't any warmer than our non-heated pool at home. The breakfast isn't much but it is nice if you want to save money and you are not picky. Overall not terrible and if you need service to the game but don't want to pay as much as it takes to stay at the other local choices and avoid paying parking both at the hotel and the stadium it works. My husband left his custom belt behind but we didn't realize it until a few days later so figured it is gone by now. We could have complained but felt it kind of was what it was.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Raj T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear jennilovesryan,

Thank you for your review!
We appreciate when guests bring to our attention issues that they experienced during their stay so we can address them with the appropriate staff.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed the extra room that our suited offer. The inconveniences you mentioned are definitely not part of our standards as you experienced on your first visit and we hope you will give us a chance to demonstrate that to you in the future.

If you need assistance with your reservations please let me know and I'll be happy to assist you.

Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed here in early April to attend a Rays game. The shuttle to the game and great and the fairly young driver (can't remember his name) was very friendly. Front desk was very nice and upgraded us to a suite because of our Priority club status. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear BillyRed1,

Thank you for staying with us!
We appreciate your loyalty to our hotels and we hope to welcome you back soon to our property.

Baseball game just started! :-)

Rochester Hills, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Unfortunately I had a very uncomfortable stay. The room was a little warm when I checked in so I turned on the air conditioner and went to dinner. The air conditioner in Room 303 filled the room with the odor of wet microbiology. I was fortunate that the evening cooled and I was able to shut off the AC. But the odor lingered and the window can't be opened.

The young lady at the front desk was very apologetic but unfortunately didn't have another non-smoking room to offer. [ I didn't realize you can still smoke in a Florida hotel.]

I was booked at another Holiday Inn Express in a different city the next night, but switched hotels rather than risk two uncomfortable nights.

Sigh.

The hot breakfast was terrific! I love the sausage gravy. My stay ended on an up note. But I doubt I will return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Joe J,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay.

We are addressing the AC issue you mentioned to be sure that it's solved and we appreciate that you brought this to our attention.

We are glad to know that our Front Desk staff provided a great service and hope you do come back and we'll have some more of that sausage gravy and a smile waiting for you.