“Great location - for the area great price”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275
Ranked #27 of 43 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I Loved the location, near the interstate and near the Trop for me great location - rooms were clean the property looked clean next to Cracker Barrel so I preferred the CB breakfast to the holiday inn breakfast - staff was great - wifi could be better but I did not use it that much - plus it's free wifi so what do you expect. I ran into the manger - Dave something - nice guy oh and I got my IHG rewards points - I like it when it was called priority club

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank EatTravelJog
Raj T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear EatTravelJog,

We were happy to read that our staff provided a great service and that you had a chance to meet Dave.

Thank you for your loyalty to our hotels! IHG rewards is a great program and even though the name changed, the benefits are still the same and getting better!

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Room was clean but had too much air freshener used. AC was noisy and very humid. Walls are paper thin, you can hear everyone walking down the hall while in your room.
One slow elevator was also a drawback.

Free shuttle to Tropicana Stadium worked out well. They allowed us to check in a few hours early. Breakfast was good and plentiful.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Summer A,

Thank you for sharing about your experience in our hotel.
Guest's reviews are very valuable and we make use of them to keep improving our services constantly.

We are glad to know you enjoyed the complimentary shuttle to the Tropicana field.
If you reconsider staying with us again the future, please contact our management team and we'll be happy to assist you with your reservation.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We chose this hotel because they offered a shuttle service between the hotel and the Tropicana Stadium where the Tampa Bay Rays play their home games. The young lady at the front desk was friendly, but neglected to greet us as IHG Rewards members. She did not offer us a goodie bag or 300 points. At the time, we did not think much of it, and the following morning, we got our points from the next young lady we saw.
Both young women informed us that the shuttle service would be available every 30 minutes from 2-3 hours before the game, and again, after the game. We were NOT told that the shuttle would only make one trip to pick up everyone. Nor were we told the shuttle would not be there to pick us up after the hour-long O'Jays concert which immediately followed the game.
The drop-off/pick-up point was not a very safe place for two middle-aged people to stand around, and within minutes, two different fellows asked us for money. I called the hotel and was told, "I'll see what I can do." We walked back to the stadium, where police were directing traffic. We met a police officer, and as I told him of our predicament, my husband received a call on his cell phone. The desk clerk, Craig, informed my husband there was nothing he could do and we were on our own. Fortunately, Officer McGovern took pity on us and drove us back to the hotel in his cruiser.
Despite our jerseys, Craig did not immediately realize who we were, and greeted us as we walked through the lobby. My irate husband greeted him with a profanity, to which the boy, understandably, took great offense and told my husband he was not allowed to speak to him in that manner.
I understand not wanting your patrons to curse you. I also understand patrons expecting service can become irate when they do not receive the promised service.
No one was right by this point, and, being the only one who was calm, I went back to the lobby to try and soothe Craig's ruffled ego. Instead, he cursed and yelled at me, then stomped away and slammed a door behind him. Now, I was nearly as upset as my husband, though I did not curse the boy. I did tell him he was "a very rude little boy."
I returned to our room and tried to call customer service, but, for some reason, could not get through until I called from my cell phone. Hmm.
When I did get through, the woman with whom I spoke was very sympathetic. She gave me a case number and told me the manager of the hotel would call the following day. Of course, that never happened.
Things may have turned out differently, if everyone had kept their heads. As you have read, that not the case. My husband was already upset and Craig, the desk clerk, was not mentally or emotionally equipped to handle the situation.
The manager of this establishment has both my husband's phone number and mine. I welcome–though I do not expect–the call that I was promised to try and rectify this situation.

Room Tip: The neighborhood is not all that great and there is nothing around the hotel, except a Cracker Barre...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robert N Rebecc... W
Raj T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear DreamWeavers38,

Thank you for your very detailed and informative review of your stay with us. It is only with reviews as yours that we can learn of our opportunities that need to be improved upon.
Please be assured that we have taken the appropriate steps to ensure that we are better explaining the times and availability of the shuttle and also the IHG Welcome Amenity, as we all have room to improve.
Following our telephone conversation please let us know if there is anything else that we may be of assistance with. I appreciate you taking the time to talk to me this morning.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

A great Location off the interstate exit.. but that's about it.. the Rooms are very nice and not over priced. Can't say anything about the restaurant or room service as I didn't try it.. Nice place to stay at if you are in dire need of a hotel.. but not for a vacation.. more like business or emergency I would have to say.

Room Tip: Across the interstate is a seedy kind of area.. However there is an awesome chinese restaurant calle...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank amberlynn72
Raj T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear amberlynn72,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

If this had been my first experience with Holiday Inn Express it surely would be the last. During a 10 day road trip I stayed in mid-priced hotels like Holiday Inn Express and this was certainly the worst experience. Although the lobby is nice, my room was shabby, damp and sorely in need of updating. I could hear sounds from the adjoining rooms and from above. The AC cranked away noisily but couldn't combat the humidity in the room. Bed and linens were old and worn, and the water pressure in the shower low. Breakfast included burnt eggs and rotten bananas. Really? Needs new management.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 60958Beachy_keen13
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My wife stayed the night because we went to the Palladium theater in downtown St. Pete. This hotel had everything. Real nice room, very comfortable bed, easy parking and right off the highway. It was very clean, the cleanest I've seen of all the hotels I've stayed in. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast was really good, the best I've had from any hotel stay. We definitely will stay here again.

Room Tip: I don't give excellent ratings very often but this deserved it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank revgeorge

Dear revgeorge,

Thank you very much for your review!

Comments like yours are the best reward for the hard work of our staff!

We will share your review with the all the staff and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My daughter and I stayed in one of the king suites. Carpet and pool were a little shabby but other than that it was a great hotel. Clean, great location, front desk people were very nice and helpful. The suite had a kind of alcove with a desk and sofa bed so when my daughter, who goes to sleep much earlier than I do, turned in I was able to stay up without waking her by reading or working in the same room where she slept. You can't beat the location, it's central to everything in St Pete and right of 275 but I never heard any traffic at all. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Raj T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear Sharon L ,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay in our hotel.

We are glad that you found our location convenient and that the layout of the room was worked well for you and your daughter.

We hope to welcome you back in the future!