“Carb heaven. Or Carb hell, depending on your point of view”
Review of BellaBrava

Ranked #12 of 897 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Price range: US$7 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, View, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2nd Ave NE
Transit: Looper Trolley Stop 4, Museum of Fine Arts, Beach Dr
Description: Contemporary Italian fare with a New World interpretation. Extensive beer & wine selection. Outdoor seating on beautiful Beach Drive.
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Carb heaven. Or Carb hell, depending on your point of view”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Oh my lordy lord lord in heaven thank you for the carbs. I'll say this, if the Rock n Roll marathon series didn't cancel this coming year's race in St. Pete, this is where I'd carb load the night before.

That was the plan last Friday when my girlfriend and I came here - some carb loading before a long training run in the morning, and Bella Brava did not disappoint. I got the Rigatoni Crostata. The menu describes it as, "pomodoro sauce, spicy Italian fennel sausage, roasted red and yellow peppers, ricotta, fontina, pecorino, fresh basil & housemade mozzarella baked in the woodstone oven with a crispy asiago cheese bread crust."

Picture a chicken pot pie but made with the above ingredients and instead of pie crust, its bread, bread, and more bread with baked asiago cheese. The server may lie to you and say, it looks big, but there's a lot of air and it's really not that much. There is a lot of trapped air, that part is true, but do not let him trick you. This is easily a two person entrée. I never - ever - take food home, and not because I am wasteful, but because I eat everything on my plate. I couldn't come close on this.

Okay, so it's big, but how does it taste. Awesome! Its so flavorful and bready bread bread bread....sorry, got stuck there. The sauce is delicious, the sausage is cooked perfectly, the bread topping (bread bread bread) is cheesy and delicious.

Girlfriend got something she liked, but to be honest, I was so buried in bread that I don't recall what she got.

What else can I tell you about besides the bread. We sat outside - they have outdoor seating on the sidewalk. It was Friday night, but the traffic wasn't too bad, and as you're right by the marina, its a pretty place to enjoy a meal. Just a forewarning though, it is outside which means people are smoking.

OH MY GOD THE BREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry. Anyway, I am going to be back here. This was one of the better Italian places I've seen in St. Pete so far, but that might just be the bread talking.

Chicago, Illinois
“Nice location”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Dined here twice for lunch during our stay at the Renaissance. It was a few blocks from the hotel and a nice walk. Family and pet friendly. Dined inside once at the bar and outside once. Service inside was very good; outside service was average. Food was really delicious - fresh ingredients and freshly prepared. Great wine and beer selection. Sure to please. Try the flatbreads...homemade and delicious.

• Visited October 2013
“Good food but service/atmosphere takes away”
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

We visited last Friday night. The waitress clearly lost interest in us when we didn't order drinks. (We had just had craft beer at the place around the corner). We had to request to be told the specials tho she only gave us 1 out of the three I later discovered posted on a chalkboard. Our water ran out twice. Food was good but were disappointed to learn that only 3 scallops came with the shrimp and scallop entree. Each scallop was paired with a shrimp except for the 4 th shrimp. When we asked if we were missing a scallop were told since these were "bigger" scallops there were only 3. In our experience these were very average small scallops. Needless to say we won't return.

rlsand, Owner at BellaBrava, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

First, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at BellaBrava. We take your feedback seriously, and I will share your comments with our Team. We strive to have every Guest experience a positive and rewarding experience when dining with us, and we are disappointed that we did not achieve this with your recent visit.

Our service standards are very high, and if you did not experience this, it was a mistake on our part, and I apologize. As for the shrimp and scallops dish, both are extremely expensive, and since we strive to keep our prices under $20 on our current menu, an adjustment was made on the number of scallops. This item will probably be removed from the menu because of this pricing issue.

We would appreciate the opportunity to show you how good our food and service can be and invite you to try us again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
“Fun place to eat”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely evening out in St Pete with dinner at Bellabrava. Great Piza and even better Potato Tacho starter. Very generous, hot and tasty. Good atmosphere with pavement eating. Good for people watching as well.

rlsand, Owner at BellaBrava, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Sue,

Thank you for your kind comments about your dinner at BellaBrava. Your comments mean a great deal to us, and I will share them with our Team who make it all possible.

Please visit us again soon when in Saint Petersburg!

Birmingham, Alabama
“GREAT ITALIAN”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We ate at a table at the bar....had great food and great service! Prices were average for the area. Bruschetta is superb!

Visited October 2013
rlsand, Owner at BellaBrava, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear Lynn,

Thank you for your positive comments and review of BellaBrava. Your comments mean a great deal to us, and I will share them with our Team who make it all possible.

Please visit us again soon!