“Great stay!!”

Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stayed at this property 2 nights for a bowl game. Our bus was delayed so we did not arrive until almost 4am. The staff was very fast and efficient in getting our group into our rooms. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. The king rooms are spacious and very clean. We enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay again!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
CourtyardStPeteGM, General Manager at Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you so much for your great comments about our staff and our property. I am pleased to know that you had a great stay and we certainly hope you will choose us again when your travels bring you to the St Petersburg area. We love having the bowl game here at Tropicana Field.
K Cablish

Reviewed 14 December 2013

My wife and I extended a business trip to stay in the warmth of FL vs. the sub 0 conditions in MN so I used points to stay at this hotel. The location is Fantastic however I think Marriott could have done a better job with the remodel. The hall, 6th floor, has a funky smell - our room was fine.
I'm more about the room and it is great. The lobby area is interesting with unique marble, etc. My wife just pointed out that the headboard is "disgusting" dirty and greasy?? I didn't notice it. One maid was particularly loud in the morning - it sounded like she was standing right outside of our room talking, rather yelling on her cell phone. Starbucks in the lobby is a nice perk too.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
CourtyardStPeteGM, General Manager at Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott St Petersburg, Downtown. I am pleased that you found our location just right. We are happy with our lobby renovation and are looking forward to the next year when we will be renovating the guest rooms as well as the corridors, which will include enhanced lighting. I will certainly share your comments with our housekeeping department as we want to ensure a quiet and completely clean visit.
I am glad you liked the Starbucks!
We hope to see you on your next visit to St Petersburg.
K Cablish

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Granted all the information on the Marriott website says that the hotel is old, I was still expecting better. In my head looking at the outside picture I was expecting historic and classic looking. This hotel is just plain old though.

The rooms were very spacious. Beds were not that comfortable. I was pretty confident the elevator was going to fall down the shaft it was so loud and crickety. We transferred to a different hotel after only night.

Perfectly normal nice average hotel, but it's not your clean slick modern hotel as some of the newer hotels. . .for obvious reasons.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
CourtyardStPeteGM, Director of Sales at Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Thank you for your review and for choosing Marriott. We are disappointed that our hotel didn’t fit what you were looking for and you had to leave early. I double checked the hotel website and confirmed it does not say "old", however our historic listing lets us showcase the incredible history of our amazing city, that is one of the details making us unique from other ordinary hotels in the area.

Marriott took the hotel over in 2006 and completely renovated it, infusing everything modern about Marriott. We also just completed another renovation this past month adding more high-tech and high-style features that our guests are raving about it, I am sorry you didn’t feel the same.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed the spacious rooms, thank you for that compliment.
We know historic isn’t everyone’s style but we do appreciate you giving us a try. Thank you for choosing Marriott and we hope we get the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future, maybe next time on the new side.

-DOS, R. Tarrant

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We and another couple in our party stayed at this hotel while celebrating Thanksgiving in St Petersburg. The rooms were spacious,extremely clean, and the beds comfortable. The staff were friendly and very helpful in every situation. A great place to stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Arnulf1933

Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay at during Thanksgiving, we are so happy we could be your home away from home during the holiday! Our cleanliness and staff are just a few of the many things that make our hotel so amazing, and for that, we are thankful. Have a wonderful holiday season and we hope to see you back at the Courtyard soon.

Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

This is a great place to stay for a St Petersburg experience. All Annemarie's are at you disposal. This hotel has historic significance and is really well restored. Rooms were great and staff did everything to help. Great transfer service to the Tropicana stadium for sports also.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank MarkFAustralia

Mark, what a great review, thank you. Being an historic hotel is amazing and infusing it iwth Marriott makes it unlike any hotels in the area. We just completed a renovation so you will need to come back and stay with us soon to check out the new Bistro, traveler ammenities, and modern additions. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay!

- DOS, R. Tarrant

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I am surprised by the exceptional reviews for this Courtyard (again, a franchisee of the Marriott brand, not run by Marriott). We arrived and there was no parking information. We parked in the side lot which was the employee lot (there was no signage). We left our keys so they front desk clerk could give us a ticket and move our car (which he forgot to do until we reminded him later). We received one room and the conditioning unit was in disrepair and filters were blocking the door. We asked for a different room. Both rooms were right directly opposite the elevator. We arrived late, so I couldn't see how good the location was, but it seemed as if it was some distance from the center of town. The silver elite Marriott rewards program meant nothing at this hotel. No upgrade, no coffee, no breakfast. In addition, the hallways were noisy and we were woken up by people. The air unit was so loud, we needed to keep it off. I would find a different place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

I am sorry to read that you didn’t find our hotel as exceptional as the rest of our guests leaving TripAdvisor reviews do but do appreciate your feedback.

Being located downtown can be a challenge for parking, our hotel only has the ability to offer vaet parking but it is the cheapest valet parking of all hotels downtown. The employee lot is clearly labeled but I do apologize if the signage in front of each spot was unclear. Unfortunately, our front desk staff is unable to assist in parking vehicles but I am pleased to hear they helped as much as they could. All vehicles are to be parked by our third party valet company.

I am very sorry about the AC unit filters, that isn’t acceptable and I can assure you that will not happen again.

We are located 4 blocks from the Beach Drive (water) and 4 blocks from Central Ave which is consider to be centrally located in the center of downtown. Everyone’s interpretation of distance can differ but we love our location as does most of our guests.

Thank you so much for being a Rewards Member, we truly value you choosing Marriott, as all Marriot properties we follow the Reward Member guidelines, which Silver does not include breakfast at Courtyards. While it is not required, we do try and upgrade Silver members when available but the night you checked in we were sold out and no upgrades were available.

Again, I apologize you did not have the stay you expected and hope we have a future opportunity to change your opinion of our beautiful hotel.

-DOS R. Tarrant

Reviewed 24 November 2013

My husband and I blocked rooms at the Courtyard Marriott for our wedding on November 9, 2013. I had contacted some other hotels in the downtown St. Petersburg area regarding a room block, and I chose the Courtyard Marriott not only because it offered the best discounted room rates, but because the customer service was by far the best. Johnna Quinones coordinated our room block, and she was absolutely fanstastic! I had tons of questions and she was incredibly prompt and informative in her responses. She even took the time to provide me a tour of the hotel when I "popped in" the day before the wedding (I had never stayed there before). My husband and I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott the night of the wedding. We didn't book a suite, but the room they gave us had an awesome view of downtown! The room was very clean and comfortable, and all of our wedding guests who stayed there said the same thing. We also loved how Marriott combined the historical aspect of the building, and made updates to keep a modern feel. Every staff member we encountered was extremely friendly and courteous, and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. I highly recommend the Courtyard Marriott if you need a place to stay in downtown St. Petersburg!

Room Tip: If available, ask for a corner room. They have two large windows that show a great view of downtown...