“A bargain in a great city!”

Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown
Ranked #11 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Laguna Niguel, California
“A bargain in a great city!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I've stayed at this Courtyard a couple of times in the past year while visiting St Petersburg. It's location is perfect for experiencing St Pete, it's staff has always been friendly and helpful and the rooms, are clean and functional. It's an easy walk anywhere downtown, with it's great shops, restaurants, and Saturday open air market. During my last visit, they were upgrading the Bistro, but they went out of their way to ensure a pleasant breakfast dining option. I'll be visiting again soon and look forward to checking out the changes.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
CourtyardStPeteGM, General Manager at Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for your continued visits to the Courtyard by Marriott St Petersburg. We really like our conversion to the Bistro and look forward to your next visit so we can show it off. Thank you for your comments about our staff.
Happy Travels
K Cablish

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

First of all- the hotel was beautiful ! The entire staff-from check in to check out- was GREAT-very friendly and helpful. Our room was very spacious and clean. It was a rainy night so the hotel's free shuttle was a BIG PLUS. Marco was great- not only friendly, but never let a drop of rain hit us-he umbrelled us right up to the door of the Vue(excellent sushi)!!!! The hotel is surrounded by multiple resturaunts and activities-excellent location.

Room Tip: Our room was on the end of an upper floor and overlooked a lot of downtown- it was lovely.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank bsissy210
Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments about our Courtyard St Petersburg. I am also pleases that our staff was helpful and friendly. I will certainly share your comments with them all including Marco.
See you next time,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

My company puts me up at this hotel for work. I've stayed here 6 or 7 times. The rooms are fine, and the location is great.
Sadly, last trip, they lost my reservation. This time, I arrived at 12:30, before check-in time. When I expressed disappointment that my room wasn't ready, the clerk's first words were "well do you want to cancel your reservation?" I wasn't offered a place to change for work, and she didn't offer to check me in or hold my bag for me. She told me she could call when the room was ready, but of course I was working 2pm until midnight so that wasn't too helpful. Her name is Shirley--watch out for her. She is the same one who lost my reservation last time. She has a snide, mean attitude, and the last thing she wants to do is make a guest's experience nicer. Hard to understand why Marriott, which is usually great with customer service, would keep her as an employee and make her the first experience a guest has when staying at this otherwise fine hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank dryhops
CourtyardStPeteGM, General Manager at Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
I appreciate that you like our hotel and location as well as the fact that you are a return guest and thank you for that. I apologize again that we were not able to get you in to a room for an early arrival for your reservation. Additionally, I apologize for the lack of communication you experienced at that time from our guest service agent. We are always looking to continue our service efforts and will use your comments to continue to improve.

Lawrenceville, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

This hotel is another example of Marriott converting an old vintage hotel built in the 1920's into a modern place to stay but still has the old charm of Florida in the 1920's. To begin you don't give up any of the modern amenities WIFI flat screen TV's and Marriott's great beds but what you do gain is the atmosphere of an old elegant hotel people stayed at early in the 20th century. Most of the lobby and halls have the same original appearance even the pointer on the elevator that moves around mechanically to show each floor just like in the movies. The staff was great my car was at my fingertips you may want to ask the staff about a ghost or two that still may roam the floors (squeaking door?). We have stayed in these Marriott restored classic hotels in other cities try the one in San Diego for an old safe vault tour. Give this one a try its fun.

Room Tip: Stay in the oldest side.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
I am so happy to hear that you loved our Historic Property as much as we do. Thank you for your wonderful comments! We are proud to be a part of the historic comunity.

We look forward to your return visit!

McKinney, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

No down side to this refurbished downtown hotel. You will find the staff friendly, rooms modern and clean. Fitness center is fair at best. Food is not bad.. cook to order breakfast ( not included). again... very freindly staff

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ken B
Thank you for sharing your positive feedback to your recent stay in St Petersburg. I am happy to hear our staff was positive and helpful. I hope we see you in the future when your travels bring you back to St Petersburg.

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

The Front Desk Clerk was friendly and helpful. I think there may be an old and new section of this hotel...or so it seemed? We were definitely in the old section. The room was large, but arranged very differently. The TV was so far away from the bed you couldn't see it. Although we didn't eat at the Lobby Bar/Restaurant it looked nice. We used the shuttle service to get to the event we were attending, but then no one answered when we called for a return transfer. We ended finding another way back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheRoad2Nowhere
CourtyardStPeteGM, Front Office Manager at Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to stay with us at the Historic Courtyard by Marriott Downtown St. Petersburg. With our Historic property there are two sides of the building, the Historic side and a newer addition, although all of the corridors and guest rooms have been renovated so that they are up to date and identical. We are looking forward to our rooms and corridors being renovated again next year to continue our updates and offering a refreashing an relaxing space for our guests. I am very sorry to hear that you were unable to use the shuttle to return from your event. Our shuttle is the amenity that is used most by our guests, most nights it is very busy transfering people around the downtown area. I apologize that you were unable to reach us so that we may return you to the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Ryan Hurley, Operations Manager
New Port Richey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

My wife and I chose this hotel as for our wedding night and also our wedding block. I worked with Johnna their event coordinator and we could not have been more pleased with the service we received. My wedding guests had nothing but great things to say about the staff and the hotel rooms. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone who will be traveling to the St. Pete area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paul D
Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding our staff here at the Courtyard by Marriott St Petersburg. I am thankful for all of our team and am particularly pleased to hear that Johnna was so helpful to you. Thank you for choosing Marriott Courtyard St Petersburg.