“Sunscreen stay”

Ranked #12 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
“Sunscreen stay”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The staff was wonderful, service was excellent. Cleanliness of the facility was excellent. The shuttle to the downtown area was super helpful and convenient. The area was within walking distance to most attractions.

Green Features: The staff was wonderfully helpful and went out of the way to assist us
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

CourtyardStPeteGM, General Manager at Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We were so pleased to be part of the Sunscreen Film Festival. We certainly look forward to next year!
K Cablish

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Saint Louis
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is centrally located in downtown and convenient (and in walking distance) to the Dali Museum , The Museum of Fine Arts, and shopping and restaurants on Beach Drive.
The entire staff that I had contact with was friendly and ready to help in any way that they could.
The room had a wonderful view of Tampa Bay and was clean and comfortable.
Whenever I am visiting St. Petersburg, which will be in the near future I will look forward to returning to stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
CourtyardStPeteGM, General Manager at Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your great comments regarding your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott St Petersburg. I am happy to learn that our staff was helpful and you found our location was just what you needed.
We hope to see you next trip.

KCablish
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This property has a great location in downtown st Pete. We were there for a wedding, and the staff are wonderful and went out of their way to make sure everything was good. We would recommend this location to anyone looking for a good value and great location.

• Stayed April 2014
CourtyardStPeteGM, General Manager at Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers. Our goal is to make your travel hassle free and enjoyable. We hope you will choose us again in the future!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed 3 nights at the hotel because the hotel hosting a conference I attended was twice the cost. Hotel was clean, quiet, and a short 10 minute walk to the bay and conference hotel. Hotel shuttle was available if I didn't want to walk to/from my meeting. Every staff person and manager I encountered was helpful and friendly. First time I've ever been thanked for leaving a tip by the housekeeping staff-Nice!

Room Tip: Room 701 was very quiet. Elevator is close to the room, but never heard it when I was in my room. I...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
I appreciate your nice comments regarding your stay here in St Petersburg. The Courtyard is proud to be in such a vibrant city. I am also glad to her you had such a positive experience. Please visit us again on your next trip!

Panama City, Florida
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I was not sure what to expect for an "overflow" hotel for a business conference. I was pleasantly surprised because of the customer service. Staff have been gracious to pick up on a call for locations all over downtown; Victor is the best!
Rooms are quiet and clean. Convenient location to everything downtown. I will definitely return!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
I am very pleased that you found our property to be a great option while you were in town for your conference. Also it is great to hear our staff provided great customer service.
See you again soon!
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Great place to stay in downtown St. Petersburg. Park your car and walk to the
bay, Dali Museum, parks, stores, restaurants, churches. Convenience to
all activities is a great way of saving! Staff was accommodating and friendly.
Room was clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not on the main street side. Street noise can keep you awake.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for sharing your Easter weekend experience. We are fortunate to be so close to all St Petersburg has to offer.
We hope you will visit us again!

Kingston, New York
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I just attended a conference that was based at this hotel and I loved it! My only regret was that I had pictured getting to the hotel and going for a quick dip in the pool and soaking in a little sun, and they only had an indoor pool. It makes sense since it's in the downtown area, but needless to say - attending the conference in Florida and I never unpacked my suitcase! Next time I'll book a few extra days to go to the beach.

That being said - I would not have normally booked a hotel in the downtown when the beaches are nearby - and after having stayed here, I can honestly say there was so much cool stuff to do within walking distance to my hotel - that it's a choice I would make intentionally again. The Chihuly exhibit was going on a few blocks away and the Dali Museum was featuring a show on Andy Warhol also close by.

The staff was very professional. They have a nice food concession off the lobby - nothing fancy but easy to grab a quick breakfast. My room was very modern and clean. The best was they gave me a room on the top (7th) floor and I faced Tampa Bay (east) and had a great view of the sunrise coming up over the bay.

Check it out if you have a trip planned to St. Petersburg! Lovely place!

Room Tip: 7th floor has great views.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
CourtyardStPeteGM, General Manager at Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
How nice of you to share you experiences at our Courtyard in St Petersburg as well as the local area. We are happy to be a part of this community and be so close to so many of the attracttions, entertainment and outdoor life. Definately lots to do so close to us. See you next trip to St Petersburg.