“charming old world hotel”

Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown
Ranked #12 of 43 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed 23 May 2014

The staff at this hotel are first rate. The hotel was clean and very well appointed. Very near yo vibrant night life and easy access to ball bark. Try breakfast at apropoes on central....outstanding meal at a great price...french press coffee

Room Tip: Its a city location so upper floors are quiter
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
CourtyardStPeteGM, General Manager at Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your visit with us. We are fortunate to be located so close to many area events and restaurants. Thank you for your comments!

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I stay in a lot of Courtyard's and this is definitely an average minus. The bed was hard and the air-conditioner blows directly on the bed. It sounded like a jet engine and blew very cold air directly on your head. I woke up every time it happened. With the thermostat on the other side of the room it happen often and then it would get warm on the bedside. Parking is not free and it is a little expensive. Next time I will probably find something a little further out.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
CourtyardStPeteGM, General Manager at Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott St Petersburg downtown. I am sorry to hear that it was not to your liking. I understand the AC was of concern, and I apologize that we did not address your concerns while you were here. We certainly like to take care of any issues as quickly as possible. We are as well as all of the hotels in the downtown area, real estate challenged. With space in short supply it is necessary for us to use the services of an outside valet company to manage our guest vehicles which does have a charge attached. I do hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

This was my third or fourth stay at the Courtyard Marriott. The staff were incredibly friendly and welcoming. The hotel recently underwent a renovation of the lobby and their cafe area, and it looks great. The cafe was nice to have as an amenity - the food was a little pricey ($9 for basic breakfast), but the convenience was appreciated, as I was staying with a group and we used the morning breakfast time to get together and plan what we would be doing that day.

The hotel is very close to downtown St. Pete, with lots of shops, entertainment venues and restaurants, and there is a free shuttle which will take you around the town.

As I was working pretty flat out, I didn't have a chance to use the amenities - such as the pool and exercise room, but I was very happy with my stay and am looking forward to going back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your stay at the Courtyard St Petersburg Downtown. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our property and we liik forward to your return!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I expect more from a Marriott. The hotel wasnt very clean and was rundown. It is located in a shady part of town and I didn't feel safe outside of the hotel. The walls were paper thin and we could hear our neighbors T.V.
I will not stay here again.

1  Thank 424min

I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your stay with us at the Courtyard St Petersburg. We do have challenges in the operation of a historic hotel. I am pleased to share that we are confirming our plans for corridor and guest room renovation that will be taking place later in the year which will give all the rooms a fresh and updated look. We enjoy being part of the downtown community and are within 4 blocks of the major attractions and restaurants.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I've stayed at several Courtyards recently and this location is average at best. The rooms and lobby have been updated, but the hallways and elevator are quite dated, not to mention there is only one elevator. I will admit the price was very competitive and the shuttle was great, I just wasn't wowed by this location as I have by others recently.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
CourtyardStPeteGM, Front Office Manager at Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Adam,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our property. We do operate a Historic Property which does present some challenging obsticles when it comes to interior decorating, although I am glad to say that we will be undergoing a renovation later this year that will encompass all of our guest rooms and corridors to further blend todays modern feel with the charm of our hisory. I also see that you only used one of our elevators. Because of the size of our building we do have two separate elevators one on each side of our building to allow our guests to move around quickly. Once again thank you for reviewing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Ryan H.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Valet or limited street parking.has van that will pick you up and drop you off within a short radius, therefore limited need for car.complimentary breakfast was served during some minor construction.early check was offered.indoor pool was fine since the heat and humidity in July was brutal.great venue for wedding guests, as we were, and the transl to the wedding was great for all

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
CourtyardStPeteGM, General Manager at Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us. I am happy to say that our lobby renovation and the addition of '"The Bistro"" are complete and now offers Breakfast and Dinner 7 days a week. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to St Petersburg.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I've been working with Ryan Tarrant and the Courtyard Marriott for several years during the Annual Sunscreen Film Festival. We have a large number of individuals from around the country and the world fly in to attend the event. The friendliness of the staff, cleanliness of the rooms and the hotel, the attention to detail and the effort to make every guest as happy as possible is second to none.

I cannot express enough how outstanding our experience is each and every year. You'll find no better spot in downtown St. Pete for your stay.

Tony Armer
Executive Director
Sunscreen Film Festival

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences at our Courtyard St. Petersburg. We really enjoy or partnership with the Sunscreen Film Festival events and are very happy to see how it continues to grow. Thank you for your kind comments.