“Not Quiet on Weekends”

Ranked #11 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Quechee, Vermont
“Not Quiet on Weekends”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

While the location is convenient and services adequate for business purposes, I cannot suggest this hotel for a wekend stay, unless you are part of a large group (wedding, anniverary, alumni) and willing to accept noise late into the night. As an "Elite" member my spouse an I were assigned a room on the top floor, which we assumed was a good sign, only to notice that were surrounde by rooms occupied by a wedding party, moving in and out of rooms, congregating and having fun in the hallway, slamming doors open shut. Making the front desk aware around midnight, we were offered a room on a lower floor, which solved the problem. But who wants to move in the middle of the night? Why did we get first a room surrounded by a party group. Other than that, the rooms are adequate for this segment of hotel. It is a renovated historical hotel, so do not expect a modern, fresh ambiance. Did not use pool or gym, but area looked ok for the size of the hotel. Unless you are in a hurry for breakfast, you can probably do better in a local coffe shop.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
CourtyardStPeteGM, General Manager at Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed during your stay here at the Courtyard St Petersburg. You should be able to have a quite night and we do our best to monitor the noise levels to make prevent such issues. I apologize that you were inconvenienced but glad that we were able to provide you with another room. I hope you will visit us again, and please feel free to contact me personally.

K Cablish

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 24 May 2014

During our stay in St. Petersburg, Florida we changed the hotel and ended up staying at the Marriot Courtyard, which we didn´t regret for one second. On the contrary, we can highly recommend this hotel, located in the very centre of St. Petersburg where you can walk easily to the American Stage Theatre, the Beach Boulevard, etc. Thanks to the director of Sales Ryan Tarrant we had a wonderful time as he helped us with getting to the beach, recommanding a restaurant, shops or whatsoever. And that even during the busy time of the Sunscreen film festival in St. Petersburg!
We also loved the possibility of having a coffee in the morning at the starbucks cafe where you can also order fresh juices or milkshakes.
Last but not least we enjoyed using the Marriot Courtyard shuttle buses to get to any locations too far to walk with our favourite driver Victor!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments and recognizing our Director of Sales as well as our the great service you received from our driver, Victor. We are pleased to have them as representatives of our hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you next year!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stood here a year ago. I was not as bad as people make it sound. Nice place is you staying local attending a wedding at the beach not to far from there. I really like the room and bed was pretty good compare to other hotel so give it a shot stay with them nice place

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
CourtyardStPeteGM, General Manager at Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for giving us your recommendation. I hope you will come back for another visit and enjoy some of the great attractions and events in the St Petersburg area.
Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 May 2014

The staff at this hotel are first rate. The hotel was clean and very well appointed. Very near yo vibrant night life and easy access to ball bark. Try breakfast at apropoes on central....outstanding meal at a great price...french press coffee

Room Tip: Its a city location so upper floors are quiter
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your visit with us. We are fortunate to be located so close to many area events and restaurants. Thank you for your comments!
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I stay in a lot of Courtyard's and this is definitely an average minus. The bed was hard and the air-conditioner blows directly on the bed. It sounded like a jet engine and blew very cold air directly on your head. I woke up every time it happened. With the thermostat on the other side of the room it happen often and then it would get warm on the bedside. Parking is not free and it is a little expensive. Next time I will probably find something a little further out.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
CourtyardStPeteGM, General Manager at Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott St Petersburg downtown. I am sorry to hear that it was not to your liking. I understand the AC was of concern, and I apologize that we did not address your concerns while you were here. We certainly like to take care of any issues as quickly as possible. We are as well as all of the hotels in the downtown area, real estate challenged. With space in short supply it is necessary for us to use the services of an outside valet company to manage our guest vehicles which does have a charge attached. I do hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

clearwater
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This was my third or fourth stay at the Courtyard Marriott. The staff were incredibly friendly and welcoming. The hotel recently underwent a renovation of the lobby and their cafe area, and it looks great. The cafe was nice to have as an amenity - the food was a little pricey ($9 for basic breakfast), but the convenience was appreciated, as I was staying with a group and we used the morning breakfast time to get together and plan what we would be doing that day.

The hotel is very close to downtown St. Pete, with lots of shops, entertainment venues and restaurants, and there is a free shuttle which will take you around the town.

As I was working pretty flat out, I didn't have a chance to use the amenities - such as the pool and exercise room, but I was very happy with my stay and am looking forward to going back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your stay at the Courtyard St Petersburg Downtown. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our property and we liik forward to your return!
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I expect more from a Marriott. The hotel wasnt very clean and was rundown. It is located in a shady part of town and I didn't feel safe outside of the hotel. The walls were paper thin and we could hear our neighbors T.V.
I will not stay here again.

1 Thank 424min
I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your stay with us at the Courtyard St Petersburg. We do have challenges in the operation of a historic hotel. I am pleased to share that we are confirming our plans for corridor and guest room renovation that will be taking place later in the year which will give all the rooms a fresh and updated look. We enjoy being part of the downtown community and are within 4 blocks of the major attractions and restaurants.